Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV Online

Post Thanks / Like
    DC Universe and The Agency may be our last hope.

Dragon of Dojima is Back! Diresu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Coded-Dude View Post
    DC Universe and The Agency may be our last hope.
    As they are both SOE...id limit my expectations.
    Sapere Aude

Saru mo ki kara ochiru PSXBatou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonXe View Post
    prepare to love it again after playing ff14
    Yes, so epic that they have extended the free trial indefinitely and they have all but cancelled the PS3 version by delaying it to a TBD date with no year associated with it.

I wasn't impressed with it when I played the beta, nor the free trial. It plays very much like a console game on the PC, odd controls, though I suppose like anything they work once you are used to them. the graphics though upgraded felt old/dated to me, I'm not a fan.
    <Sigurd> a sprite is anything not static...
    <SRElysian> a sprite is a variable object
    <SRElysian> be it 2d or 3d
    <TorMuck> a sprite is a fucking soda
    <TorMuck> you god damn geekass bastards

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought it on Amazon today, and thanks to Prime it will be here tomorrow for 3.99!

So I'll get a chance to play it and make up my mind if I hate it or not. I"ve spent 29.99 less wisely in the past.

Le Cabalry: Dwhittenempire, goku2057, Milly, Zac, Alias, Colin™, Spatula, mysterio, Nathan, C.J., Resident Darkness

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Post Thanks / Like

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    who plays these games

No....

Seriously

anyone....hm?
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    ^This particular one? Nobody. The game is utter garbage.
    Sapere Aude

Post Thanks / Like
    Final Fantasy XIV will be a very different game by the time it's released for the Playstation 3.

The development team has already committed to basically re-doing the entire game, so there's hope yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Square Enix just released their plans for the completely revamped Final Fantasy XIV: teaser.

• Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 uses a new graphics engine for PC & PS3.
    • User interface has seen a complete overhaul.
    • Field & map environments have been completely redesigned.
    • New battle content (PvP, PvE) will also be introduced.
    • Implementation of Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 begins approx. in September of 2012.

Post Thanks / Like
    The target render looks decent but we will see what they deliver. At this point I think they done entirely too much damage to that game to recover, but who knows.
    Sapere Aude

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diresu View Post
    The target render looks decent but we will see what they deliver. At this point I think they done entirely too much damage to that game to recover, but who knows.

Hard to believe, but the director (Naoki Yoshida) stated this wasn't pre-rendered in a recent Japanese interview.

The enemy that's seen in the image is already in the data files of the game.
    Last edited by Nova; 10-18-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Im not a baby, Ima MAN, Ima an ANCHORMAN indiekid4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone playing FFXIV? I played the Beta for PS4 last month and had a blast! I'm def. going to play this once it's ready for PS4. If anyone else is going to play too let me know! My email is bkgooner4@gmail.com Email me so we can join up in the same world and play together. I normally name my character Argax
    PSN: iNdieKid

NO. 21, We'll Never Forget You

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by indiekid4 View Post
    Anyone playing FFXIV? I played the Beta for PS4 last month and had a blast! I'm def. going to play this once it's ready for PS4. If anyone else is going to play too let me know! My email is bkgooner4@gmail.com Email me so we can join up in the same world and play together. I normally name my character Argax
    I'll be picking it up in April. I am pretty much a noob though. Will send you a friend request if you want?
    Last edited by AC!D; 03-11-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to try out the beta but didn't get passed the registration. Can someone tell me if I sign up to SE, will they spam me with E-mails?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's fun, I will try to see how much I can play during the beta, but I'm really not sure.

Wish it played more like FF XII though, was a much cleaner experience. It's pretty fun though, but I won't be buying.

It's too difficult to play games in general with you guys anyway, so I have very little motivation to try to get into the game even in beta phase.

Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger View Post
    I wanted to try out the beta but didn't get passed the registration. Can someone tell me if I sign up to SE, will they spam me with E-mails?
    No, e-mails are rare from what I've seen. There's always an option to take yourself off their mailing list after registration anyway.
    "THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES." - Snatcher
    Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube
    Five Things We Won't See in the Final Fantasy VII Remake
    Best Controller to KB/M Program: http://joytokey.net/en/download (ask me if you need help)
    PSN ID: Londonstani // PS4 Gameplay & Screenshots
    Steam ID: curryking3 // PC Screenshots

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger View Post
    Well i wouldn't call it spam. More like pre order offers and news on upcoming games. Since i registered i received one Thief e-mail and account activation in twenty days.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was skeptical at first cause I used to play FFXI Online and had a wonderful experience playing that. After the first couple days of playing FFXIV i started to get it and understand the macros and putting things together. I really enjoyed it. AC!D, let me know once you start playing. If we aren't friends on PSN, add me: indiekid

What jobs were you guys during the beta? I was Pugilist (Monk). It was difficult at first to figure our those three stances and their combos, but like i said above, once you do it over and over you get the hang of it and it was quite fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by indiekid4 View Post
    I was skeptical at first cause I used to play FFXI Online and had a wonderful experience playing that. After the first couple days of playing FFXIV i started to get it and understand the macros and putting things together. I really enjoyed it. AC!D, let me know once you start playing. If we aren't friends on PSN, add me: indiekid

What jobs were you guys during the beta? I was Pugilist (Monk). It was difficult at first to figure our those three stances and their combos, but like i said above, once you do it over and over you get the hang of it and it was quite fun!
    I tried the archer during the beta. I'll send you a friend request tonight. Just be warned i am not a noob when it comes to the JRPG genre but i am with MMO's. If you are cool playing with someone who might be asking you a ton of questions then great. Happy to team up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have no problems helping you learn. Once you have it all figured out you'll have a blast. The hardest part to master is the macros. Once you have it figured out it makes playing FFXIV so much easier and fun.

Thread Information