Page 1 of 101 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinect

Post Thanks / Like

Kinect

Look like fun :

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...ylist=featured

first post on this section

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't want something that can only be used for a couple of games. I need something universal like the one in that youtube vid along time ago.

/welcome btw

On a Magic School Bus OG_Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    meh, we all know what they are trying to do and I could really care less about it.
    Check out my YouTube Channel and Other Pages:

Post Thanks / Like
    i really can't understand how the people behind this can pass it off as innovative. it seriously beggars belief that this tech is being seen as something new when the Eyetoy came out years ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    so what maybe i'm missing is. what is this that can't be done with the current crapcam that theey released already? if they're not going to use it for anything at least open up video conferencing(more than just 1 person at a time) or maybe even open it up to be usable with messenger. sigh. they depress me. dropping what they already have out for the same thing a new name.
    i represent the uninformed consumer.
    [/url]I'm trying to become more than what was predicted of me.

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PS Eye

PS Eye - P = S Eye

S Eye + M = MS Eye

= MS Eye

The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    so what maybe i'm missing is. what is this that can't be done with the current crapcam that they released already? if they're not going to use it for anything at least open up video conferencing(more than just 1 person at a time) or maybe even open it up to be usable with messenger. sigh. they depress me. dropping what they already have out for the same thing a new name.
    The vision cam doesn't have the same type of lenses as the whatever cam there calling it. It can't do it .

Post Thanks / Like
    The EyeToy never got more than one or two half-decent games, and they really haven't done a lot with the PSEye, so I can't imagine that there's going to be a lot for this one either.

Post Thanks / Like
    After about an 20 mins of totemball my arms hurt too.

[YOUTUBE]5JO9D4DujsY[/YOUTUBE]

On a Magic School Bus OG_Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffbo View Post
    i really can't understand how the people behind this can pass it off as innovative.
    I dont think anyone is saying anything about being innovative.
    Check out my YouTube Channel and Other Pages:

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a surprise that they aren't.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I think it is amazing how ignorant (especially the Xbox guys in here) are about the subject. The technology to do this was purchased by Middle-eastern company 3DV around CES by Microsoft. They initially made this technology for weapons tracking but realized that it had interesting quirks about it that made it suitable for games.

Unlike Xbox Live Vision and Eyetoy, which simply detect simple movements that will hit a area on the screen (and to a certain extent detect faces) this new thing which some people are called "Xbox Liquid" works more like a controller-less Wii controller.

For example if you make the shape of you driving a car and move your hands as so, it will do it on the screen. If you rear up your hands like you are about to hit a ball with a bat, so it does on the screen. You point your fingers like a gun, so it does on the screen. It is part of Microsoft's overall plan for 3D technology (something I posted as a "rumor" on XE a few months before CES) and to my knowledge nothing is even remotely done like this on any gaming platform.

I do not think it is coming out this year, this fast though despite what many say. I recall people talking about "Microsoft's" motion controller last year and it was all a ploy and distraction by Microsoft to redirect attention from their big announcement that year, which was FFXIII coming to 360.

Not to get off topic, but I think Sony has done this same thing with PS3 Slim.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XboxEvolved View Post
    For example if you make the shape of you driving a car and move your hands as so, it will do it on the screen. If you rear up your hands like you are about to hit a ball with a bat, so it does on the screen. You point your fingers like a gun, so it does on the screen. It is part of Microsoft's overall plan for 3D technology (something I posted as a "rumor" on XE a few months before CES) and to my knowledge nothing is even remotely done like this on any gaming platform.
    Surely it's only going to recognise what you're doing if it's programmed into the game?

Also, there was something very similar to this on the PS2, called Gametrak. I saw it at some conference like four or five years ago, and it previewed the same thing as the video in the first post, as well as a golf game. It didn't really take off back then, hence why probably next to nobody has heard of it. But with the popularity of the Wii now, perhaps it will work this time. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Post Thanks / Like
    How does this compare to the PS3's Eyetoy pet or whatever its called?

PSN: CptnAmerica
    Twitch: CptnAmeric4

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Punches it in the mouth and farts on top of its head..the technology does at least. Now if they can make it as good as the original tech for a decent price is something else entirely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some proof that it's better than any of the other cameras would be good, because what we've seen so far is hardly amazing.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    [youtube]pOY9vlibxfg[/youtube]

I am trying to find the demos where the guy is driving a car, etc but I can assure you it works within a 3D space and actually will read motions without wearing trackers of any kind, something that 3DV previously patented themselves before being bought by Microsoft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XboxEvolved View Post
    [youtube]pOY9vlibxfg[/youtube]

I am trying to find the demos where the guy is driving a car, etc but I can assure you it works within a 3D space and actually will read motions without wearing trackers of any kind, something that 3DV previously patented themselves before being bought by Microsoft.
    Well, going by that demo (which is the same game as the one from the first post), it's no different than the original EyeToy.

Post Thanks / Like
    [YOUTUBE]QfVWObYo-Vc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]233hzDgkwWM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]gF5WCwEYnng[/YOUTUBE]

All i know if it can work on every game then I'll nod my head. If not then

Post Thanks / Like
    Well looks like it works better than the ill fated Sega Activator, but I'm not really sure i'm all that interested as of yet.

PSN: CptnAmerica
    Twitch: CptnAmeric4

Thread Information