Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merging sections.

Post Thanks / Like

Merging sections.

There is no need for us to have 3 separate e3 forums. it will make us staffers who are there have to waste time posting news in 3 different forums for multiplatform stuff, as well as our daily video podcasts. we're already on a very tight schedule, so that time does matter. so, the e3 boards will become one forum for all general e3 related news. if you wish to post news specific to a console, you can mention it in the e3 board in the news of the day thread then make a separate thread for it in that console's forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it will be disastrous in terms of console wars and whatever you do to try to make people abandon the main PS3 board and be more aware of an entirely different board will be rather futile.

I know you know this already, I just wonder if there are other solutions and even if the E3 threads are an absolute necessity.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not really about making people abandon the ps3 forum. It just we are doing a lot of announcements, videos etc and posting that deals with the whole three sites. Posting them in three different e3 sections is counter productive (waste of time) and confusing.

the e3 board is for a couple of days so we hope the members won't self destruct within that period of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    as I said, if you want console specific talk, just use the console's forum like we already do. the e3 board is for e3 in general, not for e3 for a console. it's for general e3 related announcements. think of it like the video games forum, but for e3. you can still have your segregated talk in the psi forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonXe View Post
    As for console wars, John aka Xbox Evolved is only allowed to post the MS solely topics. We know you guys don't like him so that should take care of that. Also the e3 board is for a couple of days so we hope the members won't self destruct within that period of time.
    Funny that you edited that.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    as I said, if you want console specific talk, just use the console's forum like we already do. the e3 board is for e3 in general, not for e3 for a console. it's for general e3 related announcements. think of it like the video games forum, but for e3. you can still have your segregated talk in the psi forum.
    Wow, that sounded rather bad, but don't look at me, I'm not exactly a conflictive member. I just hope people won't be prevented from posting in the main section because that will bring trouble.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol i wanted to tell john before he flips out on the thread but that is the main idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    nah, no negative tone implied. i'm just trying to say we'll go on business as usual, but just treat the e3 board like the video games forum during the expo.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it was just the "segregated" word.

Post Thanks / Like
    typically has a negative feeling associated with it... i can understand. it is, however, the way our forums have always been laid out. we do segregate our console talk. it works well enough for us (though the other sites need to really focus on building their communities... as do we).

Post Thanks / Like
    why E3 is outside Ps3 section and can't be viewable as LBP sub forum is now in ps3 section ?!
    Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger
    I'm so bored with the conversations on this forum. They're so shallow and unrewarding.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's what I asked Viper yesterday, and the answer wasn't too convincing.

On a Magic School Bus OG_Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRA View Post
    why E3 is outside Ps3 section and can't be viewable as LBP sub forum is now in ps3 section ?!

VVVVV

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    There is no need for us to have 3 separate e3 forums. it will make us staffers who are there have to waste time posting news in 3 different forums for multiplatform stuff, as well as our daily video podcasts. we're already on a very tight schedule, so that time does matter. so, the e3 boards will become one forum for all general e3 related news. if you wish to post news specific to a console, you can mention it in the e3 board in the news of the day thread then make a separate thread for it in that console's forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by VG Aficionado View Post
    I think it will be disastrous in terms of console wars and whatever you do to try to make people abandon the main PS3 board and be more aware of an entirely different board will be rather futile.
    Funny that you think that yet that wasnt even the goal...interesting huh?
    Check out my YouTube Channel and Other Pages:

Post Thanks / Like
    I think people will be more receptive later on near E3.

I imagine on the 29th (8 days) I will make a post about each company we are covering, what we are doing during E3 and community based stuff on the forum that will hopefully keep you guys/gals entertain.

(*.^) my kojima riddle mawhehe

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree on having this section. Also, I think it might be a good idea to have one single event forum and see how it goes. If you are not interested in certain games or systems, just keep scrolling and ignore the news. As for any misbehavior, that is why we have mods. use your mod hammers freely in this section. I think 2 week bans should be enough to quite any ignorance.

Having a major single event is a great time to tryout a 'one thread for all' idea. What say you?
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, ban them from e3

PSN: CptnAmerica
    Twitch: CptnAmeric4

Post Thanks / Like
    Z has a no tolerance policy for Z stands for Zeus!!!

Beware of the thunder god!!!!

^^ i should of photoshop a guitar somewhere or a ban hammer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonXe View Post
    Z has a no tolerance policy for Z stands for Zeus!!!

Beware of the thunder god!!!!

^^ i should of photoshop a guitar somewhere or a ban hammer.
    At that point just go with Thor

PSN: CptnAmerica
    Twitch: CptnAmeric4

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate this section and think it will do great for current members and new members checking the place out.

We could also of stickies of each companies conference/announcements where they are discussed there, and I'm sure plenty of current members that own more than one system would prefer it that way also simply because they can more quickly contribute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OG_Monkey View Post
    Funny that you think that yet that wasnt even the goal...interesting huh?
    I guess you must have some trouble when acknowledging the obvious, because that's exactly what I was stating.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally say this will only result in the PS3 board being flooded with E3 news and this board being flamebait central.
    There is nothing absolute in this world. You may sometimes be at a loss knowing that this world is unreasonable.
    To break the impasse, you must hold an unshakable belief and insight as well as a certain amount of vitality.

-Faith-

Thread Information