Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation 2 Emulation - PCSX2 0.9.6 FAQ & Walkthrough

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been doing good on the pictures, that's probably the only thing I'm doing very well lol. As soon as I started the game again I was flashing the camera like crazy lol.

I think I missed 'Clown Robo's Attack.' I totally took a picture of the Clown Robot guy. I didn't know I needed to take a picture of his attack... that's a bit ambiguous lol since he has more than one attack.

I can't find where to take a picture of 'cloth.' Nothing I've seen registers the cloth idea. Ladder was a funny one lol. There's so many ladders in the game but you can't take a picture to get the idea for most of them lol.

I love the picture thing. There's so many things to photograph.
    "THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES." - Snatcher
    Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube
    Five Things We Won't See in the Final Fantasy VII Remake
    Best Controller to KB/M Program: http://joytokey.net/en/download (ask me if you need help)
    PSN ID: Londonstani // PS4 Gameplay & Screenshots
    Steam ID: curryking3 // PC Screenshots & 4K & QHD Screenshots

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I never thought to take a picture during that whole thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'd almost rather just buy a PS2 and call it a day

PSN: CptnAmerica
    Twitch: CptnAmeric4

Post Thanks / Like
    With all of the effort and computing power required, it's definitely easier to just pick up a cheap PS2. I tried doing this again last night, but couldn't get much further than the PS2 loading screen (the part with all the pretty colours).

On a happier note, I'm now able to use ePSXe in conjunction with FRAPS. So look out for some lame LP vids from me in the future

Post Thanks / Like
    But if ya got the goods, it's really no problem to start it up lol.

I mean really... the program can really just be extract rar file... put bios in bios folder, run .exe, run through the configuration wizard in about a minute or two, configure your controls, put PS2 game in computer, and press start lol.

The guide I made might be a little misleading. It's a very easy program to use, The guide is very simple, I just decided to make it clear and comprehensive.
    "THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES." - Snatcher
    Best Controller to KB/M Program: http://joytokey.net/en/download (ask me if you need help)

Post Thanks / Like
    Plus games like FFXII and Xenosaga with high res texturing look awesome when you crank up the internal resolution.

Post Thanks / Like
    *Nods in agreement

:P

Post Thanks / Like
    £40 slimline PS2 versus £700+ PC. Hmmmmm.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah come on, we all already have PS2s and the desktop is there for tons of stuff.

PCSX2/PS2 games in HD is just another thing we can do with it. :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Silly Matt if I had a 700 pound pc I'd have an i7 quad core and I videocard that could crack it up to 1920x1080 without slowing down a beat...

Post Thanks / Like
    Why stop at 1080p???

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just guessing! I dunno what kind of PC you'd need to run it properly (as far as a minimum spend goes anyway), but I do know that my £400 (which was double that price, only reduced that much because it has a SUPERB HD-DVD DRIVE!!) laptop won't keep up with the pace.

Post Thanks / Like
    A mid rand core duo of about 2.6ghz is pretty good especially if you have a newer one with SSE4.1 and 8800GT will allow you to run most games at a good rate.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^Haha my friend's lappy has a HD DVD drive hahaha. I was explaining to her that her laptop costed an extra 100 or 200 dollars more than it needed to

I noticed something hilarious in Dark Cloud 2... he does a Moses like parting of the sea with lava in the opening video hahaha.

But too bad there was no controversy

^Ya that's a good match up. Some of the Core 2's are great at OC'ing also so you can get a lot of bang for your buck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by curryking1 View Post
    ^^Haha my friend's lappy has a HD DVD drive hahaha. I was explaining to her that her laptop costed an extra 100 or 200 dollars more than it needed to
    I was lucky with mine. The HD-DVD laptops came into the store I used to work in at about the same time I started. The one which I now own retailed at something like £879. This was maybe two months before the inevitable downfall of HD-DVD. As soon as that happened, it dropped down to £359. I had to get it really, because it's a fairly decent spec, at least for what I wanted it for anyway:

Core2Duo 1.6GHz
    2GB RAM (upgraded to 3 a while back)
    Radeon Mobility HD2400

I can run ePSXe with everything turned up and all the shaders, but this one is just a step too far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya laptop clocks are just too low, that's why they can't handle PCSX2. It's just too hot at higher clocks for a lappy I guess. I wouldn't say many laptops would be suitable for PS2 emulation at all, even the higher end ones because of the CPU limitation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it's really weak on the processor end for this. Videocard is probably okay though.

I have a Q6700 and an 8800GT so I'm good. Though I need to buy somethign other then the POS stock heat sink to overclock it. Then I should hit at leat 3ghz on air.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol I have the stock cooler also haha. It's such a joke. I'm surprised I even got a 10% overclock.

Even those spring nob things to put into the motherboard are such a pain in the **s lol.

One day I want to try that Artic Silver gel. If I ever do that I'll probably get another fan also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah my processor under fill load is at like 67C when the threshold is supposedly 70C so it's not getting overclocked until I get a new heatsink

Post Thanks / Like
    i used to be able to push my cpu from 2.2 to ~2.7 Ghz, but since i got new ram... no dice

Thread Information