You're not going to try the other factions?
not sure. not seriously interested in getting the platinum trophy and i have played all three factions(been in teh beta since the very beginning)
It's funny to me because you were so interested in this game when it first released and in beta format and now you aren't even close to what you were. What happened? You like moved on before the game even got old or at least before it got old to me. lol.
i never really planned on playing all three factions(I'm sver all the way!). but i do still play it. its been hard for me to find time for video games lately, but i have some time off now and this has been the game i have been going to. the concept itself was incredible(256 players), but delivery was a bit subpar. there are not enough maps/modes, clan support is non-existent, and it would be nice to have the ability to "choose" offense/defense rather than being forced to play the same map/mode over and over) . Warhawk and this title are prolly my favorite online games for the ps3 so far and I will continue to give them playtime, but i have so many other games to catch up on as well. still need to play heavy rain and god of war 3, not to mention finish ffxiii.
I was online all day today. masteratt hopped in and we starteded playing, then my ps3 froze....so i took a break. i may get back on later tonight or tomorrow.
I can't believe I've played this game so much. I only need two more trophies and I'll platinum this game. Yeah wierd.
1 more trophy...
Unfreaking believable man.
Please check your stats and report back with exactly how long you played.
I'll do that when I get home from my buddies place tonight. The game is a blast though and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. All I need now is to collect all the medals and I'm basically nearly there.
Time Played: 169:33:16 so far. hahaha!
Friend request sent bro.
Just picked this up and about to install. Sounds good.
PSN: Private_Hunter Trophies: 294 Level: 6
lmao yeah I doubt I'll ever log that much time, but I'll for sure platinum this game eventually.
Great patch incoming, my comments in square brackets [ ] for discussion/ commenting sake:
Still the only feature I really want that isn't in - Name your classes! Although I can live without it, it will be 100x more convenient if they added it.Gameplay
* Player knife attacks no longer deal damage to members of own PMC. [no more spawn friendly kills thanks god]
* Headshot damage bonuses no longer apply to friendly fire.
* Changed rewards for the resuscitation of an incapacitated ally to 5XP for partial health revive, and 10XP for full heath revive. [excellent, worth buying the last medkit upgrade now]
* Added functionality to Medical Kit so that players can now heal themselves with L1 in addition to using R1 to heal or revive a teammate. [thank god! so many times i want to heal myself but some moron gets infront of me so i accidentally heal him! get out the way dying man, I'M dying!]
* All vehicle handling has been improved and been given more realistic physics. [eh, i like the current driving]
* Added three gun ports to APCs of all factions.
* Slowed down the rate of fire for the APC’s primary gun, but increased bullet damage.
* Primary APC gun can now damage enemy APCs. [finally, i always assumed it did, but apparently it didnt]
Weapons [skipping this because i have no idea which weapon is which or how it affects my game and classes, i just have to trust in their judgement]
* Adjusted damage for the AM50, Rollins LRRS, and AGVK sniper rifles vs. vehicles and emplaced turrets.
* Increased rate of fire for all pistols (Raven’s F57, SVER’s IZ-443, and Valor’s M9).
* Improved close-range effectiveness and decreased long-range effectiveness for all Pistols, Machine Pistols, SMGs and Shotguns.
* Made all LMG foregrips less effective at stabilizing fire.
* Made improved stability skills less effective at stabilizing fire for machine guns.
* Credit cost for Pistols has been changed to 0c from 100c.
* Credit cost for Machine Pistols has been changed to 200c from 300c.
* Credit cost for SMGs has been changed to 300c from 400c.
* Credit cost for Shotguns has been changed to 400c from 600c.
* Credit cost for Improved Rocket Launchers has been changed to 800c from 1000c.
* Credit cost for Smoke Grenades has been changed to 200c from 300c.
* Credit cost for Poison Gas Grenades has been changed to 500c from 600c.
* Credit cost for Explosives Detector has been changed to 300c from 600c.
* Adjusted requirements for most Medal Awards. [hopefully made them easier!]
* Added progress bars to all Medal Awards. [noiiice]
* Changed vehicle icon visibility on the map to reflect its current status of visibility instead of its previous map state of “always seen.”
* Repaired display problem in the “Community” tab’s “Player Search” screen that improperly presented names with multiple non-alphabet characters.
* Statistics for “Enemy Vehicles Destroyed Assists” and “Enemy Turrets Destroyed Assists” are now correctly listed in proper category “Objectives.”
* Fixed display problem with player’s left hand placement when using foregrip and bipod on the Raven Apex 100 light machine gun.
* Fixed issue that prevented repaired roadblocks from “shining” to indicate that they can be interacted with.
* Previously-released downloadable content (Fast Attack Gear Pack, Trooper Gear Pack, Raven’s Spyder Body Apparel, SVER’s Hazard Body Apparel, and Valor’s Bulldog Body Apparel) is now accessible to all users without PlayStation Store access. [they weren't missing much lol. flash is so shit]
* Patched problem that prevented users to save loadout with DLC weapons following a “Respec” action.
* Repaired issue that caused renamed PSN IDs to be incorrectly identified as its previous name when logging in.
* Updated patching system to allow for faster download speeds when retrieving in-game updates.
I like how they are going to adjust how hard it is to earn the medals. I mean I'm almost there on getting all the medals anyways, but getting 1000 rocket kills in the bunker turret is so damn hard. You have to shoot two rockets and hit them directly to actually kill them that's why I just shoot them once with the turret gun and then shoot the rocket at them. I also like the progress bars for earning the medals. Nice little update honestly.
The update features some very needed improvements. It seems to make APC:s a lot more dangerous which I've been craving for since the beginning. It gives the attacker a lot more options.
It's also great that stability and fore grips become less effective with LMG's and the SMG costing a little less is a great thing as well.
And yes, the medal requirements definitely needed some adjustments, well some of them at least. I think the requirements for repair/destroy bridge medals and the bunker turret rocket medal were the ones that needed to be seriously lowered..
there's a video on the site:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...tation.Blog%29MAG Interdiction DLC on June 22
Posted by Jeremy Dunham // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive
It’s been just over four and a half months since MAG released worldwide and 930,000 battles, 1.7 million players, and 1.1 billion kills later, the time to expand is now.
Yes friends, everyone here at Zipper Interactive is proud to announce that beginning June 22, our first expansion pack, dubbed “Interdiction,” will be available to players all over the world for $9.99 US (prices in other regions may vary).
“But what’s in it,” you say? Well, for starters, we’re introducing a brand new gametype that we’re calling (what else?) “Interdiction.” Built for up to 128 simultaneous players, Interdiction challenges two rival factions to be attackers and seize control of three command posts with the aid of several heavily-armed convoys on three brand new maps (Lake Bayano Spur, Sovot Motorway, and Iron Cree Quarry). To make it even more interesting, we’ve made all three maps completely faction neutral – allowing all sides to play any map whenever they want – in addition to supplying every squad with their own APC vehicle (that’s 16 APCs on the map at once!). To win, players must capture and hold as many objectives as possible to increase their score while concurrently depleting their enemy’s. In short, Interdiction mode = crazy battlefield mayhem.
A new gametype and three new maps isn’t all we’re packing either. As an extra bonus, we’re also adding the ultimate in MAG protection, our “Heavy Improved” armor set. Trust us when we say that it doesn’t matter if you’re Raven, Valor, or SVER — if you don the Heavy Improved armor consider yourself a walking tank.
Oh, and one other thing, to reward you for spending your hard-earned dollars on our new DLC, we’ll also be including a handful of brand new in-game medals, ribbons and trophies! What are they? Glad you asked!
* Jump Start – Capture 2 Command Posts in a round of Interdiction
* Mowing the Grass – Get 10 kills with a vehicle turret in one round
* Dashed Hopes – Destroy 2 mines with gunfire in one round
* Cannonball Rally – Become an MVP (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) in a round of Interdiction
* Roadside Assistance – Capture 10 Interdiction control points over your career
* Landscape Architect – Get 50 kills with a vehicle turret over your career
* BOD – Destroy 20 mines with gunfire over your career
* Designated Driver – Earn 5 Interdiction MVPs over your career
* King of the Hills (Bronze) – Earn the Roadside Assistance medal while playing Interdiction
* Red Ball Express (Silver) – Earn the Designated Driver medal while playing Interdiction
* Road Runner (Gold) – Capture 3 Interdiction control points in a single round
And that’s the Interdiction Pack. Again, you can pick it up for $9.99 starting June 22, but don’t think that we’re stopping there – we still have a lot planned for MAG in the coming months. In the meantime, check out gaming sites like IGN for more on what we have in store!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)