Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: MAG: Massive Action Game

Post Thanks / Like

MAG: Massive Action Game

Zippers newest game that will make you its online bitch!
    256 players baby!

MAG, says Andy Beaudoin, lead designer, is a new IP from Zipper. MAG stands for Massive Action Game. Battles of up to 256 players with large-scale airdrops, heli drops, multi-front assaults. Only real players. Teams being broken down into squads led by players who have proven themselves as strong leaders. -Eurogamer
    more soon.
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Hardcore Next-gen Gamer! Nameless's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should have called it Socom Ground Wars...

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!

I don't come round as often as I'd like LiquidEagle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a PlanetSide & SOCOM fan, I can't wait for this game!

Post Thanks / Like
    265 players is wicked to have. Just imagine all the chaos going on. But this game is still far away.
    Proud 1993 JDM WRX owner!

Your Amicable Overlord D3adcell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    This game seems like it can be a really cool concept. With 256 players you think all the games will be hosted on dedicated servers?

Hopefully they also have something like that did with clans in socom, for the squads. Be nice to have a good squad of 8 and be able to play with them everytime, instead of randomly getting assigned or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to be negative, but honestly how long do we have to wait for this fucking title. Sony developers have not had the best track record for releasing next-gen titles in a timely fashion... I would say Insomniac is about the only developer that seems to have project management under control.

Considering the scope of this game we would be lucky to see this in 2010...
    *I really Hope Zipper proves me wrong.*

Post Thanks / Like
    when they said massive numbers, I was thinking of R2 ans said 'okay, maybe 70 players'. then they stressed it and I went "maybe 100? nah, that's crazy for consoles". then bam! 256 bitches on one map! I fainted...

Quote Originally Posted by D3adcell View Post
    This game seems like it can be a really cool concept. With 256 players you think all the games will be hosted on dedicated servers?
    obviously.

Hopefully they also have something like that did with clans in socom, for the squads. Be nice to have a good squad of 8 and be able to play with them everytime, instead of randomly getting assigned or something.
    obviously. that is what clans are for. in fact, in this game there seem to be even higher organization.

PS. will a mod capitalize the thread title properly? stupid forum rule won't let me type in caps.
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to make sure of the camera perspective in the game; is this a 3rd person or FPS? for the size, it looks to be the first.
    - Steven Weinberg

- Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    What got me excited was the ongoing mission system.

So you can just hop in anytime and join a squad and have something to do with those 7 other new mates of yours.

This sounds like an excellent game.

My only worry?
    No, not lag; it's the release date.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really hope it is FPS !
    This game remind me of Battlefield on PC but with 4 times the number of players (64 on PC) : woot I can't wait for this one, even if this is going to be a looooong wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah lag has always been the culprit. Nothing worse then trying to play a game in a laggy server. Wonder how they are going to overcome something like this? Its gonna be interesting to see what happens in the next couple years of development.

Inventing the Universe CreativeWriter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredag View Post
    WOW!
    CGI, no?
    PSN (US): CreativeWriter

Post Thanks / Like
    ^Yup...

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course. The entire showing of this game was CGI.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by speed stick View Post
    Of course. The entire showing of this game was CGI.
    at least we get a choice now. we can moan about it being CG, we can moan about 'we've waited forever for this', we can moan that Sony never showed anything new, we can moan about sharing FF13... and of course we can moan about the fact that we've seen the other stuff before... i wonder what the solution is...

my advice to Sony: don't tell us anything at all, just release the game when it's made and whatever you do don't release games like LBP, Singstar, Buzz, SSHD portable, Ragdoll Kungfu, RAC (PSN), Movie downloads, because it's futile, everyone will only remember the 1 new shooter you announced with a paltry 256 player mode.

oh and don't bother bringing out 1 SKU to suit all with a cheaper price and an 80GB HDD

my sig is gathering relevance by the day

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masteratt View Post

My only worry?
    No, not lag; it's the release date.
    I was worried when they didn't mention it either...looks like another 09 release. but that's okay, I have bigger fish to fry till then.

Quote Originally Posted by jako View Post
    I really hope it is FPS !
    I think they'll make an option for both. you can play SOCOM as a FPS, right? even though it won't like a real FPS if that mode wasn't the main fous during the game design, yet still. I just think they'll go with 3rd person just so that you can get a better view of the world around you. we'll see.

This game remind me of Battlefield on PC but with 4 times the number of players (64 on PC) : woot I can't wait for this one, even if this is going to be a looooong wait.
    Battlefeild was held back on the PC for God knows what reason. it should've had the same player count as the previous titles- if not more. PC always had much more players online for decades- even during it's dial-up days.

Quote Originally Posted by speed stick View Post
    Yeah lag has always been the culprit.
    PSN is amazing in that department. i am not worried about lag at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by CreativeWriter View Post
    CGI, no?
    all the way- which is another reason that made me feel the release date is a little far off.

also, it is good marketing that even if you have real-time footage it would still be a good idea to pace your news and announce the title first, then a CG teaser/trailer, then gameplay, then show off the different modes, etc.
    - Steven Weinberg

- Lenny Bruce

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    256.....fuck all waiting for the server to get full.

Their ambition is so high almost to a fault here.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    you don't have to fill that to play a session you know. that's just the limit.

lol, I imagined Insomniac going "256 online? fuck, how did they do that and why did we get stuck with 60?!" lol
    - Steven Weinberg

- Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    you don't have to fill that to play a session you know. that's just the limit.

lol, I imagined Insomniac going "256 online? fuck, how did they do that and why did we get stuck with 60?!" lol
    Fast forward to Resistance 3 - 512 online.
    Insert extremem fanboy quote here.

Thread Information