Page 70 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 1614

Thread: HEAVY RAIN - Now with MOVE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
    Monday was dispatch e-mail, Thursday it came. So, 3 days.
    3 agonising days lol.
    Ugh, guess it's Thursday for me as well then.

Buggering bastards!

Psinext [E-mpire] Soldier 4 life...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillibuster View Post
    Found this posted at reddit. It's awesome!

[YOUTUBE]DmiPL5xUw8A[/YOUTUBE]
    lol that was well done. And when I thought about Heavy Rain being translated as a big screen movie, Se7en was one the films that came to mind that would be in the same vein as Heavy Rain.

And about the voice acting i'm with everybody else. The voice acting or slight accents didn't detract from the experience at all for me. Using foreign language VO's and sub titles (as some suggested before the game was released) would take me out of the experience much more then the slight accents.
    PS3 Aka. The Swiss Army knife of Consoles:If theres anything it can't do...you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    first game or rather experience i finished in two sittings, couldnt let down the control. Awesome.
    PSN ID =Overclocked_PSi
    writing all posts from the PS3s DS3 atm..

Post Thanks / Like

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like

Paulie, if i get back my original ps3 il send it too you, read that you still dont have one which is frankly sad considering your huge interest and enormous contribution too this board. Sorry for the OT.
    PSN ID =Overclocked_PSi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by overclocked View Post
    Paulie, if i get back my original ps3 il send it too you, read that you still dont have one which is frankly sad considering your huge interest and enormous contribution too this board. Sorry for the OT.
    Paulie?! LOL... you remembered!

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cliffbo View Post
    Paulie?! LOL... you remembered!
    how can i forget.
    PSN ID =Overclocked_PSi

Post Thanks / Like

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Dragon of Dojima is Back! Diresu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sapere Aude

Post Thanks / Like
    The soundtrack code will work once the store updates today.

Mike, is it safe to download Heavy Rain stuff or is the soundtrack still borked?
    Once the store is updated (at about 3) then the codes will work fine.
    EDIT:
    Soundtrack now live.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, they sure did take their bloody time, but the game finally dropped through my letterbox this afternoon. Just my luck that I have to go out now, so I won't be able to play it until this evening.

Ahh well, at least it's here!

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had a chat with a couple of gamers at my local store relating our experiences in this game and it was unbelievable! Almost everything he spoke about did not happen in my playthrough and i was like WTF? Are you sure we are talking about the same game Heavy Rain? It actually becomes unreal when you discuss a certain scene that seemed so linear yet had such a different reaction or outcome for everyone else. The more ppl i talk to about this the more impressed i become!!!!!!

Dragon of Dojima is Back! Diresu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC!D View Post
    I just had a chat with a couple of gamers at my local store relating our experiences in this game and it was unbelievable! Almost everything he spoke about did not happen in my playthrough and i was like WTF? Are you sure we are talking about the same game Heavy Rain? It actually becomes unreal when you discuss a certain scene that seemed so linear yet had such a different reaction or outcome for everyone else. The more ppl i talk to about this the more impressed i become!!!!!!
    Yeeeea. I was watching one of my friends play and pretty much found out the same thing. It's really cool. What I found really surprising is how missing one or two prompts in a fight makes the entire fight way different too in a lot of cases. Very impressive.
    Sapere Aude

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Well, they sure did take their bloody time, but the game finally dropped through my letterbox this afternoon. Just my luck that I have to go out now, so I won't be able to play it until this evening.

Ahh well, at least it's here!

Psinext [E-mpire] Soldier 4 life...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC!D View Post
    lol so true. When I played through my first time I pretty much got the "happy ending" if you will. But my brother completed the game after me and he didn't adapt to the QTE controlls as well as I did (and since he's left handed it's not as intuitive to use the right analog stick) and let's just say barely anybody survived at the end lol...
    PS3 Aka. The Swiss Army knife of Consoles:If theres anything it can't do...you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    For people trying to Platinum this (i.e: Me).....

ALWAYS PLAY ON ONE SAVE FILE!

I opened a new save for my other playthroughs thinking that's the only way I can save and still get different endings but apparently you are supposed to have all endings on one save for all the endings trophy!

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--!

I gotta a lot of re-playing to do...*sigh*

Also, IGN has a guide where you can play through once and then only go back to On The Lose to see all endings so I might delete all my saves and just follow that. Might make it simpler....Trophies are really confusing for this game

And apparently the Perfect Crime one doesn't always unlock for everyone.....That's gonna be even more annoying if I go through the whole game meeting the criteria for that trophy and then not get it...¬_¬

And for the freezing issue, funnily enough I only encountered it twice whilst I was logged into PSN whilst playing.
    So now I always play it without signing in.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, you n00b :P

Just a few more trophies to go until I get the Platinum. Need the Perfect Crime, Trial Master and All Endings trophies. Luckily there isn't a great deal of backtracking with those endings. Good luck with Kamikaze by the way, that one was a proper arseache.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Good luck with Kamikaze by the way, that one was a proper arseache.
    After checking the 'perfect path' to know which way I had to go, I done it on my first try lol.

Weird that, I read everyone going "omg so hard!" about it as well.
    But then again the whole QTE thing is easy for me.
    Other than some bits in the Mad Jack fight, I don't think I've ever missed a QTE on my 'normal' playthrough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
    After checking the 'perfect path' to know which way I had to go, I done it on my first try lol.

Weird that, I read everyone going "omg so hard!" about it as well.
    But then again the whole QTE thing is easy for me.
    Other than some bits in the Mad Jack fight, I don't think I've ever missed a QTE on my 'normal' playthrough.
    The only parts that were a problem for me were when I had to use the motion controls. I have nerve problems in my arms, so doing those parts were hard. The parts of the game where you have to shake the pad weren't a problem, it was just the parts where you have to jerk it left or right. The most annoying part of that scene was when you had the option to move either way. It would always register a movement to the left, even though I was moving it right.

Managed to get it in the end, but having to play that same five or so minutes before getting to that QTE section was a pain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe your jerking too hard Kiwi?

Thread Information