Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1614

Thread: HEAVY RAIN - Now with MOVE

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be the first time a patch would include that much video content, they just won't do that. Also, they'd need something to add another selling point to a re-release.

Does it include the DLC? I might consider it at some point.

Post Thanks / Like
    It does include DLC, full list of content:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/...ion-is-coming/

It will include the following bonus content on the disk:

* The Taxidermist playable scene
    * 3 x dynamic XMB themes for your PS3
    * Full game stereo soundtrack
    * Making Of videos: There are 9 Making Of videos totaling in around 45 minutes in length. They feature a behind the scenes insight into the game’s development with interviews from the development team and the game’s cast. If you’re a Heavy Rain fan, they’re not to be missed!
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/...ion-is-coming/

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC!D View Post
    Again you cant just make that assumption. Maybe Sony dont think their new IP resonates with the Playstation brand. It could be many reasons. The same could have happened with Insomniacs new IP. Lets not begin the David Cage hate campaign just yet and wait and see.
    i'm not!........................ just yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried the MOVE demo:

Poisitives
    - I don't need a Nav controller, DS3 worked comfortably here (dunno how it'll do in more intense games like Socom 4 though).

- The push motion works satisfyingly in fight scene....That's about it.

Negatives
    Opportunity wasted! Most movements feel random. I don't know why they didn't just make you copy the movement exactly as it appears on screen. Also it's annoying you keep have to point the ball in different direction (Up, right, left, directly at the Eye) to do different things and it becomes a real hassle especially as sometimes you have to change ball direction in a short amount of time and the on screen prompts aren't always clear.

I hope when the patch for the full game comes and I'm playing from the start and 'get into it' and get used to it slowly, it'll be better. And if not, who cares, it's a free patch.
    Sad that at the moment it seems like an opportunity wasted though.

Also: Game might come Oct 6th but the free patch is 22nd Sept I believe.
    Last edited by masteratt; 09-20-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazon deal of the day Heavy Rain for $40
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...ag=rssfeeds-20

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
    Tried the MOVE demo:

Poisitives
    - I don't need a Nav controller, DS3 worked comfortably here (dunno how it'll do in more intense games like Socom 4 though).

- The push motion works satisfyingly in fight scene....That's about it.

Negatives
    Opportunity wasted! Most movements feel random. I don't know why they didn't just make you copy the movement exactly as it appears on screen. Also it's annoying you keep have to point the ball in different direction (Up, right, left, directly at the Eye) to do different things and it becomes a real hassle especially as sometimes you have to change ball direction in a short amount of time and the on screen prompts aren't always clear.

I hope when the patch for the full game comes and I'm playing from the start and 'get into it' and get used to it slowly, it'll be better. And if not, who cares, it's a free patch.
    Sad that at the moment it seems like an opportunity wasted though.

Also: Game might come Oct 6th but the free patch is 22nd Sept I believe.
    Good summary. A few gestures felt less intuitive or more difficult to execute (especially during the apartment fight) than just using the controller. Motion controls only stick if it feels MORE natural than using a controller. Some things didn't feel that great on HR. And some of the symbols weren't clear (particularly for me, the one where you twist it to turn the key in the car).
    Perfect example would be knocking on the door. It's set up as two distinct motions that abstract knocking on a door but really, you should just be able to shake the controller as if you were knocking on a door. Could be better. But hey, free update.
    Last edited by LaLiLuLeLo; 09-21-2010 at 04:12 PM.

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsnakejej View Post
    Amazon deal of the day Heavy Rain for $40
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...ag=rssfeeds-20
    damnit i knew i should have waited.....i bought it sunday for $56

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLiLuLeLo View Post
    Good summary. A few gestures felt less intuitive or more difficult to execute (especially during the apartment fight) than just using the controller. Motion controls only stick if it feels MORE natural than using a controller. Some things didn't feel that great on HR. And some of the symbols weren't clear (particularly for me, the one where you twist it to turn the key in the car).
    Perfect example would be knocking on the door. It's set up as two distinct motions that abstract knocking on a door but really, you should just be able to shake the controller as if you were knocking on a door. Could be better. But hey, free update.
    Pretty much, that knocking example you gave was an excellent example and if you are not using MOVE like that, don't use it at all tbh.

And yeah, no gain, no loss but my only worry is that many hardcore people will buy this as their first MOVE game and be left highly unimpressed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay I'm taking back the bad things.
    When you start the full game from the start, you get a better 'feel' for it and understand the controls much better than in the demo. I really enjoyed it thus far.

Although it's not 1:1 obviously, many gestures make you do accurate things that makes it feel 1:1. Like the drawing at the beginning, he rubs out the pencil lines at the speed you are shaking MOVE. Turning car keys feel awesome, brushing teeth was superb as well. And opening and closing a wardrobe door never felt more satisfying

I'm really going to enjoy Platinum'ing this with MOVE.
    Last edited by masteratt; 09-24-2010 at 10:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the update for the preexisting version out?
    EDIT: So it is. Time to play.
    Last edited by LaLiLuLeLo; 09-25-2010 at 04:26 AM.

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Hardcore Next-gen Gamer! Nameless's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys summed it up well the Heavy Rain move update felt tacked on and not well executed...
    I thought this would justify another play through, but I was good after playing for about 10 mins.

Anyone new to HR will get to experience the game either way and choice is good, but there could have been more thought put into the move controls.
    It just makes me think games are obviously much better when the control scheme is built from the ground up.

We should see some really exciting things with the move next year and 2012...

<-MAG Platinum Picture :) Bsack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I figured I'd want to play HR with a controller anyways, so it's good I didn't have my hopes up for it to be good with HR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it's a step sideways, except in the action scenes it's more intense and fun, but you can't halfstep if you want to make the case for the motion controls. It should feel like a step forward, not sideways.

I will have the penne alla arrabiata TimmyJ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shit. I've been intentionally staying away from Heavy Rain because I wanted to play it with Move, and now I find that the Move scheme's kinda shitty. Well bugger me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Izzard - Dress To Kill
    Thank you for flying Church of England, cake or death?

You don't eat pigs, we don't eat pigs,
    It seems it's been that way forever.
    So if you don't eat pigs and we don't eat pigs,
    Why not not eat pigs together?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not shitty.
    Just not as good as it could have been.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does Move really add much to it, or should I just save myself the price of the controller (until Killzone 3) and play it with the DS3?

Post Thanks / Like
    Couple of activities I honestly felt were better with MOVE and really fun to do (even opening a wardrobe brought a smile to my face lol).
    Other than that, not much difference between two schemes.

But it sounds like you already have intentions to get MOVE, so yeah, this is definitely a good game to get MOVE with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I've got the PSEye so I'm halfway there (whoa livin' on a prayer!) already. Looks like I'll be getting this and Move together then. Cheers dude.

Post Thanks / Like
    No prob, hope you enjoy.
    Get Sports Champions as well, awesome showcase of MOVE and more importantly, an awesome game.

Thread Information