Page 29 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: HEAVY RAIN - Now with MOVE

Post Thanks / Like
    As Cage said at the ps.blog... the game is merely alpha and is yet to be optimized... So don't expect the full blown experience just yet.
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys must be watching youtube videos or something.
    The graphics from below looks amazing.

http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrai...p=60&ch=1&sd=0

And direct feed pictures...

[img]http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/985/985703/heavy-rain-20090521025309553.jpg/[img]

As for QTE:

Jayden wakes up from his slumber in his car to find it being moved by the magnetic lift and dropped into a crusher. Jayden also happens to be handcuffed to his steering wheel by this point, so before escaping you first need to figure out how to get the handcuffs off. Triggering a few icons around your hands has Jayden try to knock them or the steering wheel loose but to no avail. The trick here is that you need to look to the right, towards the glove compartment, which then shows that you can actually kick it open. Again, since the contextual icons stay with their corresponding objects, you won't see or even be able to trigger this unless you look around and at the glove box.
    In other word, it's not a movie. You still have full control.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/985/985796p1.html
    Insert extremem fanboy quote here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember them saying that you actually control where the character walks to, only that it's not exactly as in games where you just use the analog stick to go in any direction, but something like pressing R2 to make them walk and the like.

Post Thanks / Like
    Graphics look plenty fine to me in those pictures.

I hope when you walk around it's using the analog stick. For everything else I don't mind exactly what they do as long as it feels intuitive.
    "THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES." - Snatcher
    Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube
    Five Things We Won't See in the Final Fantasy VII Remake
    Best Controller to KB/M Program: http://joytokey.net/en/download (ask me if you need help)
    PSN ID: Londonstani // PS4 Gameplay & Screenshots
    Steam ID: curryking3 // PC Screenshots & 4K & QHD Screenshots

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching the movies, thoughts:

Definitely have to call it at this point, PS3 has the best graphics of any system.
    it's a frickin' CG movie that's real time on the Trey. End of story.

It has those annoying QTE where you have to rotate the analogue stick, I suck at those so much... They always get me killed on God of War.

Story driven video game film noir, I'm in man. I just wonder about stuff like how long it is, can they keep this quality up for a good 7-8 hour game? Are people going to buy this? I'd hate for this to sell 300,000 copies.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just need to know if i can handle the SIXAXIS stuff, i dont want to missout on particular things because of fucking motion controls.
    http://e-mpire.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19726&dateline=129306  9612

Post Thanks / Like
    It's obviously early footage, at one point the guy's chin went through his shirt :/ lol

I enjoyed the video...Although it felt like a lot of QTEs, so what?
    As long as the story is good and there is some investigation, I would love playing it.

There is a game on DS called Hotel Dusk which is basically just a novel with some interactivity but since the story and characters were great at the end it was still one of the best games I've played.

May I also add the way they do QTEs seem awesomely unique (although I agree with Applefiend the analogue ones may get annoying).

So at the end of the day I'm looking forward to this more than ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    For those complaining about the level of graphics, fear not, Quantum Dreams explained that this is just the "Alpha Phase", and it's still "unpolished" . Translation: They are still working on the graphics, so this video isn't what the final product will look like. The demostration GDC 08 video is the level of graphic detail, they can and will reach. Here is the link below explaining this:

http://www.crispygamer.com/features/...l-burns-3.aspx
    PLAYSTATION.4
    Playfrance.com PS4 News 24/24 the latest news.

"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.”Being true to yourself really means being true to all the complexities of the human spirit"

Post Thanks / Like
    "Duh" comes to mind.

On a Magic School Bus OG_Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol seriously, still has a year left.
    Check out my YouTube Channel and Other Pages:

Dragon of Dojima is Back! Diresu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And even in Alpha it looks ridiculously good.
    Sapere Aude

Post Thanks / Like
    saw the gametrailer footage, i now want to buy.

Post Thanks / Like
    right! i'm back in!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that it's in Alpha but between now and release it's just going to get polished. Just because it's in Alpha doesn't mean that it will look like a totatally different game when it's out. This is the basic artstyle and lighting that the game will probably have when it's out. Personally I don't care about all that to be truthful...I'm most worried about the voice acting. If they can knock that out the park, I'm sold.

Post Thanks / Like
    JOYSTIQ.Hands-on: Heavy Rain
    by Randy Nelson { May 27th 2009 at 12:45PM }

Everything we'd seen up until the point we finally got to play Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer wasn't actually Heavy Rain. It was either an early tech demo ("The Casting") or a gameplay proof of concept ("The Taxidermist"). The one thing present in every version: emotionally charged situations. Quantic Dream says it set out to tell a gripping story, so it developed the technology needed to create game characters that players could actually see as real people -- and environments that look as lifelike as they do dreadful.

Before we played an all-to-brief scene from the game's total of around 60, designer David Cage dropped a couple of major details on us. First, players will assume the role of four distinct characters in the game, each with their own scenes and whose paths never intersect as they attempt to answer the game's tagline -- "How far are you prepared to go to save someone you love?" –- and solve the mystery of the titular Origami Killer.
    Gallery: Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer

It turned out the character we'd play as, an FBI profiler named Norman Jayden, could face (and potentially succumb to) death to this end, in which case players will continue on, never seeing that character's scenes. In fact, all of the characters can die and there's a proper ending to wrap things up in that case, too. All four characters will also bring something unique to the table in terms of what they add to the gameplay experience. In Jayden's case, it's his ARI –- an "augmented reality" system that allows players to see and analyze invisible clues in the environment.

The scene we played, "Mad Jack," took place in a junkyard run by ... well, Jack –- a character Jayden believes may be tied to the killer. As rain poured down (yes, heavily) Jayden's car drove up to the run-down garage, its tires leaving deep tracks in the mud which quickly filled with water.

We got our first taste of what we were told is a final interface – and it's very slick, very unobtrusive. It's essentially clean, crisp white text and button icons that orbit Jayden or appear over anything he can interact with. They're contextual – bringing up the choices as we pressed another button to make Jayden walk through the downpour, his arms crossed from the cold, we were presented with what was on his mind: the cold, the investigation and his drug dependency. Agent Jayden is addicted to a synthetic drug, and his access to it – or lack thereof – factors into gameplay.

We could have approached the piece of heavy machinery being manned by Mad Jack, but instead ventured indoors. With a quick movement of the right analog stick we activated his ARI, casting a green hue over the environment. Clicking the right stick sent out a "pulse," revealing evidence – footprints, liquids, airborne particles – invisible to the naked eye. We walked up to tire tracks, pressed a button, and Jayden touched them with his special ARI glove. The system analyzed the tread pattern and confirmed a match to the model of car used by the killer. The footprints were also his (or hers). More disturbingly, an analysis of splotches on the garage floor confirmed they were human blood. Following an obvious trail of it, we came to an acid bath – and uncovered the human remains still inside.

Here's where the demo switched from detective work to live-or-die action. Mad Jack didn't like that we'd discovered his secret and tried to kill Jayden. This lengthy sequence, comprised of quick time events, continued through the shop and out into the rain. We found after watching others play it that how players perform with each action results in a fitting outcome. There are only so many mistakes allowed, though, the penalty for which is Jayden's death by a variety of means.

At one point, his nose begins to bleed from drug withdrawal, and if players aren't able to perform the very tricky button combination presented to them, he'll black out and wake up inside his car – inside of a compactor. This especially intense sequence required us to knock open the glove box while handcuffed to the steering wheel, retrieve a gun from it and use it to blast the restraints off in a very impressive way. There were a couple of instances where we needed to shake the Dual Shock 3 in order to tug at Jayden's bonds – a sign that SIXAXIS actions will undoubtedly pop up elsewhere in the game.

We got to play out the entire sequence, though, as the freed Jayden and Jack slugged it out in the rain and mud using their fists and anything they could grab as weapons, finally prevailing when Jack was ground up under the treads of his own equipment. Our note upon completing the demo reads, "Whew!"

From its interface (which will become harder to see as characters become more stressed) to its amazingly lifelike actors and settings, there's really nothing on any current platform we've played that looks or feels like Heavy Rain. Ultimately, though, so much will depend on the storytelling, but given the experience Quantic Dreams has in this department, our hopes are high. Well, until the last third, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger
    I'm so bored with the conversations on this forum. They're so shallow and unrewarding.

Nothing beats a hangover...the next day. Fillibuster's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    well that's a given. But a good woman can give a blow job while thinking about what she's going to make you to eat when she's done.

Post Thanks / Like
    There were a couple of instances where we needed to shake the Dual Shock 3 in order to tug at Jayden's bonds
    Fuck, looks like i wont be able to play it properly just like RDKF.

K, i wont follow anymore news about it then and when its out i will just rent it to try it out or something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAce View Post

K, i wont follow anymore news about it then and when its out i will just rent it to try it out or something.
    Maybe you can switch it off... At least I hope so, for your sake!
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAce View Post

I guess it depends on the nature of the controls - it looks like they're just shaking the controller, not actually using it to accurately influence anything onscreen. Besides, even if it can't be turned off, at least with heavy rain you still get to see an ending

Post Thanks / Like
    Well but shaking the controller is, beside moving it quick to one side, the most difficult thing for me (see RDKF, where i cant even make a fucking fireball thing).

Stupid motion controls ruin one of the few things i still can do.

Thread Information