Page 21 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: HEAVY RAIN - Now with MOVE

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually it's way way more like this...

When a PS3 exclusive game is only 6 hours the xbot says: Man lol I thought Bluray was going to make games bigger lolololol

When a 360 exclusive game is only 6 hours the PS3 fanboy says: What? Do I give a fuck? I am too busying playing all these PS3 games.
    Insert extremem fanboy quote here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then the Xbot goes: What PS3 games?

Anyway, let's try and focus on the actual game, rather than all that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, get back on topic, everyone.

Dragon of Dojima is Back! Diresu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I knew we haven't seen much on that game but I didn't think it would be that far off.
    Sapere Aude

Post Thanks / Like
    i'll deal with the consequences! more fun and plenty of replay options

"Yes, there will be the opportunity for players to reply as much as they want from where they want, but we would really like to encourage them not to do so - to continue to play with one story bearing with the consequences of their actions," he told us.

"This is what's exciting about it," he added. "This is a story that you told. It's pretty unique. So why would you want to do everything perfect and change what you've done. You will be able to redo what you like but we recommend not to."
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=197626

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that is more entertaining. play the entire story, then go back and change our actions and see how it ends up. because if you keep chosing every option to see what immediately happesn then go with one to progress then doing that again for every junction in the game, you will see random actions and ending like looking at a story board. you won't 'feel' the complete story properly. you won't 'get it'.
    I think this was proven with Indigo Prophecy.
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    I felt that when playing some RPGs where you were given the option at some points, and even on other games. However, Heavy Rain goes to the next level.

And cliffbo, that was posted weeks ago. CVG loves to post old stuff, although it's not that bad as some people don't find out soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VG Aficionado View Post
    I felt that when playing some RPGs where you were given the option at some points, and even on other games. However, Heavy Rain goes to the next level.

And cliffbo, that was posted weeks ago. CVG loves to post old stuff, although it's not that bad as some people don't find out soon.
    yeah i know it was but i thought it a missed opportunity to discuss this aspect of the game so posted it up

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    looks amazing.
    but you know what? Sony shouldn't really go all out with devs that don't have experiecne in making games. sure, they can invest in new tech and take chances with new people, but don't go all the way bat-shit insane with expensive projects with nobodies. they did that with Ninja Theory who never made a single game before Heavenly Sword- and it showed. the game is fantastic in every way except in game design. Quanitc Dream have only released two games, but still, their Indigo Prophacy game had novelty but in everything else, was an average game.

what I am trying to say here is that I feel it would be a better investment to put that much money in high caliber teams. Sony, of course, did that but seeing how much these other guys are getting, one can't help but say "what the fuck?!". and although hindsight is 20/20, I think Sony could've managed their external projects much better than what they did. Harrison is gone now. hopefully, European PS3 development will be better now.
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Team Ninja made Kung Fu Chaos on the Xbox. Was a mediocre game, but HS was orders of magnitude better than KC and they're gettin' better.

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some artwork:

Post Thanks / Like
    It seethes that type of artsy-ness that I can't really understand but I know it's artsy... Interesting at least... but at the same time I can't help but feel there are a million similar pictures and all of them, without being related to Heavy Rain, could be as telling lol.

The middle picture looks especially surreal though. That one is definitely my favourite. Seems like an artist's studio? Except obviously, for the 99% of people not in photography or art, it's made to look eerie to all of us. I'd jump to the red dots being blood at first sight at least lol.
    "THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES." - Snatcher
    Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube
    Five Things We Won't See in the Final Fantasy VII Remake
    Best Controller to KB/M Program: http://joytokey.net/en/download (ask me if you need help)
    PSN ID: Londonstani // PS4 Gameplay & Screenshots
    Steam ID: curryking3 // PC Screenshots & 4K & QHD Screenshots

On a Magic School Bus OG_Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So it seems Sony is the publisher for the correct?
    Check out my YouTube Channel and Other Pages:

Post Thanks / Like
    of course they are. what do you think all the fuss is about? a small dev like this wouldn't normally be able to afford the tech or financing for such projects look at how far Media Molecule got, thanks to that.
    - Steven Weinberg

- Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it was suspected to be Atari >_>

Post Thanks / Like
    By who? By the people who have NOT followed this game at all since more than two years ago?

Post Thanks / Like
    the rain really sets a nice mood to it, in a creepy way.
    aaahh shiiiit

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VG Aficionado View Post
    By who? By the people who have NOT followed this game at all since more than two years ago?
    actually it wasnt even known who the publisher would be even 1 year ago -_-

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    looks amazing.
    but you know what? Sony shouldn't really go all out with devs that don't have experiecne in making games. sure, they can invest in new tech and take chances with new people, but don't go all the way bat-shit insane with expensive projects with nobodies. they did that with Ninja Theory who never made a single game before Heavenly Sword- and it showed. the game is fantastic in every way except in game design. Quanitc Dream have only released two games, but still, their Indigo Prophacy game had novelty but in everything else, was an average game.

what I am trying to say here is that I feel it would be a better investment to put that much money in high caliber teams. Sony, of course, did that but seeing how much these other guys are getting, one can't help but say "what the fuck?!". and although hindsight is 20/20, I think Sony could've managed their external projects much better than what they did. Harrison is gone now. hopefully, European PS3 development will be better now.
    Heavenly Sword and Lair might not have paid off like Sony would have hoped, but look at LBP Motorstorm and Heavy Rain--all look interesting, doing something new, and Sony's backing 100%

You gotta take some risk--and despite HS gameplay direction, I'm sure countless devs learned from Andy's performances and motion cap work...Cut-scenes is titles like Assassin's Creed or the original Resistance don't even seem interesting now because of the amazing expressions in Heavenly Sword.
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Thread Information