Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: HEAVY RAIN - Now with MOVE

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLiLuLeLo2003
    it's hard to express tone over the internet, if not impossible, but I say 'bastards' with in a casual way, not a scornful way. If they are a new company then let's give them the benefit of the doubt and a chance to embarass themselves like everyone else. Sure you have a 'right' to be cynical, but that doesn't mean it's called for.
    true. im actually more interested in the SH technique they are using, since im not a programmer im going to have wait for CPI opinion on this. This game is by far the most impressive "looking" game, thats understandable since they are using SH.

I want to know from CPI if SH can work for huge scene, and outdoor scene...what im saying is you "might" not get that kinda look in a more game type huge level,or outdoor scene. But my understand of SH is very limited. That was my point, thats why im abit cynical...

PS > new company shouldnt embarass themselve at all, just be realistic with their presentation. or maybe thats asking too much for a new company. Since they are "new" they might be shooting kinda high..

Post Thanks / Like

Presenting the prequel to Indigo Prophecy: HEAVY RAIN!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very impressive, I'll merge this with the E3 Thread, because those pics are awesome.

As far as I'm aware the same guys did Fahrenheit, which was an awesome game!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    anythings possible. is this off of a dev kit or is this to spec? what's their situation? cuz if they're waiting for a publisher or funding they might not even have a dev kit (interstellar mercs) and are just rendering this to technical restraints. Bearing that in mind, maybe this is what phil harrison means when he keeps saying 'the overwhelming power of PS3' (he's said that a few times). PS3 does have a higher peak performance than 360, it's just harder to utilize cell. so the more we know about the developer behind this demo (which, after all, is a closed room with one moving lady), the more we can draw some reasonable conclusions. My personal philosophy on life in general is give everyone their day in court before you pass judgement. Whatever the case is I'll take it in stride, you know?

and I feel sorry for the artists who have to make an entire game at that level of visual awesomeness.

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my another cutscene and target visuals.

"BOY CRIES WOLF" remember the story

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indigo Phropehcy was a major slept on game! I cxant wait for the next one

They call me 'The Dude' in real life! yoshaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can download the 640x480(30mb) wmv trailer from gamespy below

http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/8...32/vids_1.html

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    im gonna have to agree, excellent work on the first pic, rest are okay.

Brimming with possibilities kaphwan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um, so at which point is it appropriate to *freakin cream* over these screenshots?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

http://www.lostcitystudios.net/

Click.

Post Thanks / Like
    F the screeshots, did you see the VIDEO? Holy crappola. Nothing short of amazing. Question is can they pull it off in an actual game. Nevertheless quite a friggin achievement. Particularly the close-ups.
    The danger of our culture.- We belong to a period of which the culture is in danger of being destroyed by the appliances of culture. -Nietzsche

Im not a baby, Ima MAN, Ima an ANCHORMAN indiekid4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not worth trying to understand what goes through makes mind. Nothing will make him happy unless everything is photo-realistic in his eyes. Regardless, this game looks amazing! I am in awe of the lighting and shadows. Hopefully this game plays as well as it looks!
    PSN: iNdieKid

NO. 21, We'll Never Forget You

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, and that chick's boyfriend better be sorry for not doing the dishes...again!
    The danger of our culture.- We belong to a period of which the culture is in danger of being destroyed by the appliances of culture. -Nietzsche

Post Thanks / Like
    What's Indigo Prophecy?
    If this is the same people that made Fahrenheit then I'm even more interested, that was a great game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by satriales
    What's Indigo Prophecy?
    If this is the same people that made Fahrenheit then I'm even more interested, that was a great game.
    Indigo Prophecy and Fahrenheit are the same game. The name just changed between the Europe version and US version.
    Insert extremem fanboy quote here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by indiekid4
    It's not worth trying to understand what goes through makes mind. Nothing will make him happy unless everything is photo-realistic in his eyes. Regardless, this game looks amazing! I am in awe of the lighting and shadows. Hopefully this game plays as well as it looks!
    um this demo(yeah i dont call it a game), if it can be applied to practical game it very close to photo-realism as your going to get this generation. SH lighting fakes global illunimation, but like i said it has it short coming, works well with static objects, but not dynamic ones(moving objects). Maybe they figure a way around the short comings!? Still "makeitlookreal" should keep an eye out for this game.

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    The video is scary. lol hopefully they forget about the stupid monster that was in indigo prophecy

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLiLuLeLo2003
    anythings possible. is this off of a dev kit or is this to spec? what's their situation?
    It was running off the PS3 rack mount on the show floor at SCE's booth. The video clearly shows the real-time artifacts, aliasing etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    The video is actually quite scary, the close up of her face when she's crying is very realistic.

They call me 'The Dude' in real life! yoshaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

ZOMG! the 720p direct-feed trailer with full voiceacting!!! And it's also longer than the gamespy/IGN trailer. In short, it's a MUST WATCH!

http://www.playsyde.com/news_2983_en.html

My only gripe is how her teeth show at times in the video. That's some odd animation lipsynching but it's just a tech demo and not a final game.

The final game should have some really COOL animation. I'm sold!!!

Thread Information