Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Online

Nothing ever ends, Adrian. Sephiroth_VII's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus...
    PSN: Sephiroth_VII

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.........You have your Konami ID, which you should have created when you visited the website. Then, you have the Game ID which you created after you made the KID. From there you login to the Konami servers(metal gear online) and create a character and give him a name. The character name is the one that you use to communicate(add/remove/invite/message/etc.) Its the one displayed in rounds above your head, and on the stats/rank page.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidEagle View Post
    Use that skill effectively, I guess. Fast Movement & Assault Mastery were definitely the first to level up for me.
    Guess that means more headshots with the rifles, or just higher hit percentages. As far as Fast Mov goes, whenever I'm not in contact with the enemy, I switch to my grenade and speed around that way. Hopefully, that's what levels that skill up.

Post Thanks / Like
    MGS4 bundle is deploying in Europe

Posted May 6th 2008 6:30PM by Majed Athab
    Filed under: Hardware, News
    Well, guess it turns out that Europe is getting a Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle after all. The only drawback is that this bundle doesn't include a DualShock 3 (SIXAXIS only) unlike the recently revealed Japanese "welcome boxes" and North America's own bundle. The new Snake-tastic bundle is another 40 GB system which will be available by the international release date of June 12. The bundle is currently set at €439.99.
    http://www.gametab.com/news/2587699/

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since we're a week away from getting MGS4 we need to start thinking of clan names. From the beta it looks like we can't use any of the Metal gear names like Fox-Hound or Outer Heaven/Haven so we need to think of a new one to go by.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why the fuck wouldn't they put DS3s in the Euro bundle? That's just retarded!

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    So when are they supposed to be releasing the DS3 over here anyway?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know, don't care... I imported and paid less than what I would have to pay here anyways!

Que Welcome Back Cotter theme Passive's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    interesting.

Metal Gear Online to be region locked

"The server connected MGO notice"
    The game itself is a server in Japan. Whether in English or Japanese.

However, the purchase of the licensed importer of the same players, the Japanese version of the English players and players can not Versus.

If you need to play games with your friends, you must purchase the same language version.

Not a licensed importer of commodities, have the opportunity to be well connected.

Moreover, we will not provide any assurance and have the opportunity unable to provide any services.
    Source if you can read it :P

Looks like i wont be playing along side you guys =[

PSN: ZeroSum--

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know, don't care... I imported and paid less than what I would have to pay here anyways!
    ^Werd.

Matt, I imported one through yesasia for £30 mate, including shipping.

That's less than what's Sony is going to charge us for sure and I got mine in I can't remember exactly but it didn't take ages and it arrived in perfect condition.

So if you want one, go to yesasia and get yourself one for £30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Passive View Post
    interesting.

Source if you can read it :P

Looks like i wont be playing along side you guys =[
    WHUT TEH FECK?

seriously? in this age of gaming, a region locked online game?

So i wont even be able to play with my friends since i have the us version on pre-order

Post Thanks / Like
    and i wont be able to play with any of you =[ as im in AU. damn bullshit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Better than spending 4hours trying to login to a game lol

Konami + NextGen online = Epic fail.

I personally won't even touch MGS4 online (well, maybe give it a quick go) so yeah, it doesn't concern me but I'm just saying, the stability will be improved greatly due to this.

Post Thanks / Like
    well i dont really intend to spend much time on MGO. But region free is sort of a standard these days tbh.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is really dumb.

Are patches able to solve this? Maybe they are currently getting the architecture in place and we will be able to one day?

Again, dumb move.

I'll be making Filanthropy again.
    Loyalty to the End

Post Thanks / Like
    okay, I haven't been following up on this and I have a question:

I have a US PS3 and a US MGS4 but I live in Australia. can I play MGO? if so, do i log-on to American or Australian servers?

thanks.
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Um, it should depend on where your PSN account is regestered to. But it if its ISP/server based you would log onto aus servers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just remembered; when creating my stupid Konami ID, I could only register as an Australian. when trying to log-in now from my PS3, I keep getting an error message that tells me the servers are either down or I am not logged in to PSN properly.

I'll try logging into my Australian PSN then give it another go.

sorry, it's been a while and the registration process was too idiotic.
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Japan updates (but soon to be worldwide, I'm guessing)

July 4th:

New modes - Team Sneaking (Que?), Headshot Kills Only (I wonder if this will even make it to the states considering it's basically HKO already)

July 17th:

Bonus Pack (1200yen) - Johnny and Meryl playable, Female PMCs can be created (can I grope them?), 3 new maps (I'd club a seal to DEATH if one of those maps is Shadow Moses), Official Survival Battle can be played

Sweet. This should hit the states soon. And what's really sad is that it'll beat out Warhawk's next update, and that game's had a 4+ month head start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Team Sneaking is already up apparently and it's FUN. Thank God for the box, though, cuz if you have a numbnuts on your team that gets spotted too quickly, you can always switch to it when your stealth fails. This mode is going to push me to step my knife, pistol, and CQC game up.

Thread Information