- Voice Changer
- Music settings. Bitmapping.
- DivX (not in divx3.11 though), VC-1(wmv) (you have to enable wma playback in the system settings in order to be able to play wmvs)
- BluRay 1.1
- BluRay Disc Settings Tool added.
FYI: Sony just took the page down.
Hehe voice changer per EQ that could be funny.
I hope it doesnt get abused to much. LOL
Wow, WMV? I really hope it supports the .wmv so that I don't have to rename my files, but in any case it's huge news as I never expected it - despite Blu-ray supporting VC-1 as standard. To me particularly it's more important than DivX, but we're getting both anyway
^renaming from .wmv to what?
Does this mean I can play discs with .avi files on in my PS3?
Also, what is bitmapping? I noticed it a while back when looking through some settings.
If I can finally download the 1up show on my PS3 and watch it then I will be truly happy with this update.
Playstation Network: Derrick_Barra
Xbox Live: Derrick Barra
i wish support subtitle file with divx
(xbox360 did not support subtitle file )
my new PSN: saud264
I guess if something has already been subbed, it will still work?
it would be great to be able to use subtitles but i am with VGA on this.
and where are my music visualisers!
i have read somwhere long time ago that there will be new one every month starting september!
ehh it was with those news that pes2008 is 3*better on ps3 i think
Finally! Guess my HDD will finally have something to store
It's also a great excuse to install a bigger (and somewhat faster) internal HDD or simply get an external HDD to store all the video content. I also hope the DLNA servers are upgraded so that they give this native support and perform better as there won't be a need to transcode WMV and DivX.
So, who here can help me with finding the perfect converter for my needs:
- RIP my DVD collection into something with the same video and the same DTS/DD 5.1 sound + subtitles.
Anyone? Harddrive space is not an issue, however, a DVD-rip shouldn't be more than the original.
Find out what features are included in PS3 system software update 2.10.
An update to the PS3 system software was released on December 18, 2007. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 2.10 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 2.10, you will need a minimum 120Mb of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
The PLAYSTATION 3 system software version 2.10 update includes the following:
* Voice Changer
The Voice Changer feature has been added to voice / video chat. Visit the Voice Changer guide in Help & Support under PS3 at eu.playstation.com for more details.
Using this feature, you can change the tone of a voice that is input from an audio device such as a microphone. High and low-pitched tones can each be adjusted to five preset levels. You can vary the tone when using voice / video chat under Friends.
Other new or revised features in version 2.10
* You can now select [Type 3] as an option under Settings > [Music Settings] > [Bitmapping]. This bitmapping process was developed specifically for the PS3TM system to enhance audio playback.
* DivX and VC-1 (WMV) have been added to the types of files that can be played. *
* Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported. **
* [BD Data Utility] has been added. ***
*- To play VC-1 (WMV) format files, you must go to Settings > [System Settings] and set [Enable WMA Playback].
- Copyright-protected files or files that were encoded by using DivX 3.11 cannot be played. - Files that are 2GB or more cannot be played.
** You may now be able to use several additional features such as playback of two videos at the same time with Profile 1.1-compatible Blu-ray Discs. The available features vary depending on the disc.
*** The management data that is used by the Blu-ray Disc is saved.
* This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions.
* The new system software will preserve any settings previously made to the PLAYSTATION 3. Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
* Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
Oh, that would be interesting. Would that mean the PS3 systems manufactured from now on would sport the DivX logo?
Would be cool, but I have my doubts.
support to wmv/vc-1 I love this!
(ps3 going be better and better each fw launched)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)