Page 111 of 536 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 10715

Thread: Console Sales and Debate Thread

*madhouse's offical creepy old guy* Smokey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ......... View Post
    true...but compared to last gen, how different are they? They cost more money that's for sure and look prettier.
    i dont know why but i laugh everytime i see this written.. how are they meant to be 'Different' i mean theres only so much ya can do. other than add more players make them prettier i mean.....
    my PSN name is smokey777
    Originally posted julps31
    The truth. MGS has aged gracefully. MGS1 = MILF

Post Thanks / Like
    honestly, few if any games last gen had the same edge-of-your-seat intensity like some games I've played this gen have. HL2 did that for me, but that was for PC. Resistance, COD4, HS, Uncharted, MGS4, Warhawk... all of these games get my blood pumping. None have been rivaled in experience by any game last gen IMO. There were some awesome games, but none have sucked me in to the point of making me break a sweat from the adrenaline rush like a good game of warhawk.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno, this gen games are more compelling to me too... I've played through more games in one year than I have on my PS2. Not that that is something to write home about (I didn't have the cash to buy games), but still
    Kept you waiting

*madhouse's offical creepy old guy* Smokey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh they get me going too, MGS4, COD4 (driving game still waiting) Resistance FOM. but... MGS1, Silent Hill etc on PS1. MGS2, Silent Hill and more on PS2, V8 Supercar games on PS2. PS3 the Biggest thing is they look Stunning on HD WS good fun but there is alot wanting yet
    my PSN name is smokey777
    Originally posted julps31
    The truth. MGS has aged gracefully. MGS1 = MILF

Post Thanks / Like
    edit: Im interested to see the sales effect from this e3 whenever vg has it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    PS3 Worldwide Hardware Sales Pass 14 Million Mark

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-171053.aspx?CT=1
    Insert extremem fanboy quote here.

Post Thanks / Like
    NPD June 2008 (Stolen from NeoGAF):

PlayStation 3 405.5k
    PSP 337.4k
    Playstation 2 188.8k
    Xbox 360 219.8k
    Wii 666.7k
    Nintendo DS 783k

01. PS3 METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUN OF THE PATRIOTS KONAMI 774.6K (Does not include bundles with PS3 hardware)
    02. NDS GUITAR HERO ON TOUR ACTIVISION 422.3K
    03. 360 NINJA GAIDEN II MICROSOFT 372.7K
    04. WII FIT W/BALANCE BOARD NINTENDO OF AMERICA 372.7K
    05. WII PLAY W/ REMOTE NINTENDO OF AMERICA 359.1K
    06. 360 BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY ELECTRONIC ARTS 346.8K
    07. WII MARIO KART W/WHEEL NINTENDO OF AMERICA 322.4K
    08. WII LEGO INDIANA JONES: THE ORIGINAL ADVENTURE LUCASARTS 294.5K
    09. NDS LEGO INDIANA JONES: THE ORIGINAL ADVENTURE LUCASARTS 267.8K
    10. PS2 LEGO INDIANA JONES: THE ORIGINAL ADVENTURE LUCASARTS 260.3K

Dollar Sales -- Jun 07 -- Jun 08 -- CHG -- YTD June 07 -- YTD June 08 -- CHG

Video Games -- $1.10B -- $1.69B -- 53% -- $6.1B -- $8.27B -- 36%
    Video Games Hardware -- $399.2M -- $615.1M -- 54% -- $2.34B -- $2.88B -- 23%
    Video Games Software -- $542.2M -- $872.6M -- 61% -- $2.89B -- $4.30B -- 49%
    Video Games Accessories -- $161.7M -- $202M -- 25% -- $861.8M -- $1.09B -- 27%

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice numbers for PS3 there.

Seriously though out of all the consoles listed above the only one i dont have is a DS. Maybe i should buy one to see what all the fuss is about i mean comon 783k!

Hey! Hey! Street Fighter! Hisham's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    honestly, few if any games last gen had the same edge-of-your-seat intensity like some games I've played this gen have. HL2 did that for me, but that was for PC. Resistance, COD4, HS, Uncharted, MGS4, Warhawk... all of these games get my blood pumping. None have been rivaled in experience by any game last gen IMO. There were some awesome games, but none have sucked me in to the point of making me break a sweat from the adrenaline rush like a good game of warhawk.
    If you sweat while playing games you need to get in shape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sony Releases PlayStation Sales Numbers
    Posted by Dustin S. | Jul 17, 2008 19:59

Many people have been doubting the growth and even the eventual success of the PlayStation name brand after slumping sales to begin the PS3 life, but recent sales may have turned them away. We have the official sale numbers right here for your viewing, and to be honest they don’t look bad at all.

The sale growth has not only gained impressive numbers on the PS3 console but Sony is seeing tremendous improvements along all 3 consoles on the board. PS3 Hardware Sales Exceed 311% Year-Over-Year with total PlayStation unit sales over the 405,000 mark. The sales of the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle were a major help to the PS3 sales, and even beat out Xbox 360 sales by 84%. This year, the PlayStation name brand has already had a 90% sales increase year by year.

The overall growth in sales in June were 311% with a month to month growth of 94%. The exclusive Metal Gear Solid title was also the best selling video game with over 774,000 copies sold in the month of June. Other titles have also had a 300% growth with the PS3 hardware as well, which does not include the Metal Gear Solid 4 bundle. The PlayStation Network has also gained over 10 million account world wide with over 180 million downloads already purchased.

While this is amazing news on a business standpoint, this only marks the beginning for the PlayStation 3. With Metal Gear Solid 4 just the first blockbuster title to come out this year, we can expect sales to keep rising with such titles as Socom Confrontation, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, and the long awaited Resistance 2 hitting store shelves later this year.

With this exciting news, we can only expect Sony to keep delivering the goods.
    Metal Gear Solid 4 tops US June sales

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - a PlayStation 3 exclusive - was the best-selling videogame in the US in June according to data released today by the NPD Group.

"While the attached media report does not include units bundled with hardware, if included MGS4 sold-through nearly 1 million units," said NPD Group analyst Anita Frazier.

Total Hardware sales in June amounted to USD 615.1 million, a 54 per cent increase from the same period of the prior year, with software sales of USD 872.6 million - up 61 per cent from June 2007.

Nintendo - which saw lifetime sales of the Wii surpass those of the Xbox 360 this month - placed four Wii and two DS titles in the top ten. LucasArts LEGO Indiana Jones game charted on three different platforms, with the Wii version leading the DS and PS2 versions.

"Wii Play continues to achieve an attach rate of over 50 per cent to every new Wii hardware system sale," Frazier said. "I can't think of another game that has ever had that kind of performance after 16 months at retail."

The top ten best-selling videogames in the US for the month of June were:

* 1 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3) 774,600*
    * 2 Guitar Hero On Tour (DS) 422,300
    * 3 Ninja Gaiden II (360) 372,700
    * 3 Wii Fit (Wii) 372,700
    * 5 Wii Play (Wii) 359,100
    * 6 Battlefield Bad Company (360) 346,800
    * 7 Mario Kart Wii (Wii) 322,400
    * 8 LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (Wii) 294,500
    * 9 LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (DS) 267,800
    * 10 LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventure (PS2) 260,300

Post Thanks / Like
    Why IS Wii Play doing so damn well? I don't understand...it made sense when it first came out because people needed Wii-motes

Post Thanks / Like
    i think it's bundle with the console

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pac4life View Post
    Why IS Wii Play doing so damn well? I don't understand...it made sense when it first came out because people needed Wii-motes
    Um, people still need Wii-motes. It's at 29 million now, you think only the early adopters needed Wii-motes?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonXe View Post
    i think it's bundle with the console
    That's Wii Sports which is bundled everywhere but Japan (where it still has over 3 million in actual retail sales).
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's an optimistic lad for you...

Hirai told the Financial Times that Sony is targeting 150 million PS3 sales during the first nine years of the console’s lifecycle.

Released in 1994, the original PlayStation has sold 102m units, while the PlayStation 2, now in its ninth year on the market, has sold in excess of 140m units.

"It's not fun for me replicating the PS2 numbers. I've seen that movie already," Hirai said.

"I want to try to see if we can exceed the PS2 numbers after nine years, otherwise why are we in this business?"

At the end of its fiscal year in March sales of Sony’s PS3 totaled 12.85m units. The company said last week that it is “well on its way” to hitting its ten million sales target for the current financial year.

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    He had a double shot of the Sony kool aid that morning.

If the PS2 can't do 150 million, the PS3 can only dream.

Wait a moment, he either just lied or the editor of that article made an error. The PS2 only just shipped 130 million as of a few months ago. Where did the extra 10 million just come from? And 9th year? Uh, we are still in 2008, yes?
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC!D View Post
    Nice numbers for PS3 there.

Seriously though out of all the consoles listed above the only one i dont have is a DS. Maybe i should buy one to see what all the fuss is about i mean comon 783k!
    you know... my 9 yearold nice has lost 1 DS and broken another she's on her third and about to ruin it as a result of using a pencil as a replacement stylus.

witch rases the question...

how much of the DS's sales are spoiled brat replacements? seeing how most 6-18 yearolds in the US have 0 sence of taking care of anything because we are a nation of spoiled shits.

wonder if japan is any differant?

side note: some how i got a tiny crack in the screen of my 1st gen PSP...
    We the people...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, how may DSes are just people who want a different colour.

I got three PSPs and I don't even like the bloody thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoPlayStation View Post
    NPD June 2008 (Stolen from NeoGAF):
    us? worldwide?
    We the people...

Post Thanks / Like
    my ex had a ds with a couple of games. My favorite oddly enough was Brain Age. It was just so addictive to get the best time. Of course when you have to scream the colors the shit will cheat and think you said something else.

Thread Information