Page 2 of 564 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Console Sales and Debate Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisham View Post
    DMC4 = multiplat now, so people like me who have both systems can see compare which one is better before buying it too, which could also hurt Sony. DMC was never a system seller in the first place (RE is probably more notable). But w/e, I still have faith Capcom will still make it a great game.
    Feature-wise, both are going to be the same (not even achievements will be exclusive to the 360 version). However, the previewers are pointing out that the extensive use of the R1 button ever since the first DMC doesn't feel right on the 360 pad, as they found it more uncomfortable than on the PS3 controller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Voa View Post
    ^ So that Nintendo can release Super Smash Bros Brawl? For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction my friend.
    Super Mario Galaxy didn't help Wii in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Hisham
    DMC4 = multiplat now, so people like me who have both systems can see compare which one is better before buying it too, which could also hurt Sony. DMC was never a system seller in the first place (RE is probably more notable). But w/e, I still have faith Capcom will still make it a great game.
    Dynasty Warriors 6 is multiplat too. And the 360 version sales are very low.
    A game released for PS3 and X360 in Janpan is like a PS3 exclusive game.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 360 sales are relatively high for a 360 game in Japan, but in absolute terms they're still very poor.

Post Thanks / Like
    And I guess we can tie this in with Wii shortages?
    which ties in with Stringer's tongue in cheek comment

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dnpmakkah View Post
    So Nintendo only had 36000 Wii units in stores this past week?
    yep... you see what i see. come on Viper, you have to be honest here and admit that Nintendo would have had more units on shelves than that... Sony beat them fair and square, just like Nintendo have been beating them fair and square for a while now. things are changing for the average buyer, they are beginning to pick substance over fad. their are hardcore Nintendo fans out there that will always be Nintendo and will continue to buy games like mario or Metroid prime, but a huge slice of Nintendos market have bought the Wii for fun and to play on 'special occasions' like parties and christmas.

things are beginning to pan out as many other forum users have suggested (and many analysts). the novelty will begin to wear off more and more. the Wii fit will help swing it back nintendos way for a while, but it will falter once again. Long live the Wii, i say, and long live the PS3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffbo View Post
    yep... you see what i see. come on Viper, you have to be honest here and admit that Nintendo would have had more units on shelves than that... Sony beat them fair and square, just like Nintendo have been beating them fair and square for a while now. things are changing for the average buyer, they are beginning to pick substance over fad
    Yeah, and keep in mind that the mega hype (and possibly very good) game "U R Mr Gay" (SMG) came out too, which till end of the week of 18th November "only" sold 384k units, which is rather bad, I think. (Mario Party DS sold about the same number of units in 2 weeks rather than 3)
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Japanese Wii allocations have been diverted to the US and Europe. They are also holding back many units for the launch of Wii Fit on Dec 1.

PS3 hardware in Japan has been doing much better with the new SKU. Software, not so much. PS2 in Japan did the same thing. Hardware sold like crazy since it was the cheapest DVD player in Japan and DVD software spiked but PS2 software was weak. I recently saw that BR movies have increased in sales in Japan lately while PS3 software still falters (though DW 6 is doing damn good).
    you just can't let Sony have a scrap of victory can you?... oh well black friday should be a good look into the season.
    We the people...

Saru mo ki kara ochiru PSXBatou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxmkii View Post
    you just can't let Sony have a scrap of victory can you?...
    +1000000000000

Had it been the Wii there would have been 0 commentary from said person... However since it was the PS3 with superior sales we can let the excuses/hating begin....
    <Sigurd> a sprite is anything not static...
    <SRElysian> a sprite is a variable object
    <SRElysian> be it 2d or 3d
    <TorMuck> a sprite is a fucking soda
    <TorMuck> you god damn geekass bastards

Post Thanks / Like
    if PS3 can repeat this success, for another 2 weeks, then you can safely say that we have a trend, and if Uncharted does well in Japan, then 'Good times ahead for Sony'. we can also safely say that MS are dead in that territory

Post Thanks / Like
    if PS3 can repeat this success, for another 2 weeks, then you can safely say that we have a trend, and if Uncharted does well in Japan, then 'Good times ahead for Sony'. we can also safely say that MS are dead in that territory
    I doubt Uncharted will fare much better than RnCF tbh. It's just not a japanese game. Look at Tomb Raider and the like. Those games didn't sell there either.

In Japan, there'll be however DMC4 and MGS4 to look out for, as well as other "soon to arrive" articles... I have no idea, what japanese publisher will bring out over the course^^
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt it will happen.
    There was a weight concious girl in my school talking about wii fit the other day - (shakes head) - its called outdoor exercise.
    So far I see wii fit as a peripheral that will boost sales due to it being different and the average person seeing the possible gain they can get from it but without having much merit for what it claims to be designed for. - But you know I could be wrong (not like we don't have a wii downstairs <secretly preorders wii fit>).

I have no doubts that it will sell though. I also have no doubts that members of the general public are stupid and that there are too many FPS games on the market and that 'casual' has been used in place of 'crappy' games and gamers suck too (in general - yea I'm talkin bout you fanboy!)
    Man what a disappointment games are becoming. - But yea it will sell and playstation the sales streak will be broken.

Question - Have sales picked up since Christmas is coming in general? Or do people start shopping in December - or what? - I think people are more likely to buy a playstation for them self and a wii for someone else but that's just my speculation

Nothing ever ends, Adrian. Sephiroth_VII's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't want to start a new thread for this, but:

Quote Originally Posted by Qj.net
    PS3 outsells Wii in Japan for the 3rd week in a row

Notwithstanding a minor drop in hardware sales, the Sony PlayStation 3 continues to be the dominating console in Japan. Media Create, Japan's reliable source for weekly sales numbers in the video game industry, revealed in a report for November 11 to November 18 that the PS3 sold more than the Nintendo Wii in Japan for three weeks now.

Nintendo continues to top the handheld scene, but the Wii only came as close second in the console race. With 39,178 units sold, the PS3 enjoyed a small lead over the Wii which only got 36,230 off shelves. The Microsoft Xbox 360 is having a hard time trying to keep up after selling 6,525 units, trailing the Sony PS2's 8,855.

Just like previous months, the Nintendo DS is still top-seller with 76,069 sold. The Sony PSP, however, is not far behind as it posted 65,609 in sales. The ranking, by units sold in a week, follows:

1. Nintendo DS: 76,069
    2. Sony PSP: 65,609
    3. Sony PlayStation 3: 39,178
    4. Nintendo Wii: 36,230
    5. Sony PlayStation 2: 8,855
    6. Microsoft Xbox 360: 6,525
    And PS2 is still outselling 360 with more than 2.000 consoles, loll!
    PSN: Sephiroth_VII

Post Thanks / Like
    If those numbers are correct than 3 weeks for Sony is fairly good considering they were barely moving any units up until a few weeks ago. The numbers have been steadly declining the past 3 weeks so next week Wii will probably take the weekly lead once more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn that was a close call though but still, FUCK YEAH!

Viper if you post something negative...God help me I will SHRED YOUR SOUL!

Nothing ever ends, Adrian. Sephiroth_VII's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^Possibly. And like I said, unless it's for 4 weeks in a row, don't expect me to be that excited.
    PSN: Sephiroth_VII

Post Thanks / Like
    It probably won't hold up for 4 straight weeks just yet but if it keeps close than that is still pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shhhh, positive thought guys, positive thoughts!

I'm sure some crazy game will catch the Japanese gamers' attention on PS3!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gegenki View Post
    I doubt it will happen.
    There was a weight concious girl in my school talking about wii fit the other day - (shakes head) - its called outdoor exercise.
    So far I see wii fit as a peripheral that will boost sales due to it being different and the average person seeing the possible gain they can get from it but without having much merit for what it claims to be designed for. - But you know I could be wrong (not like we don't have a wii downstairs <secretly preorders wii fit>).

I have no doubts that it will sell though. I also have no doubts that members of the general public are stupid and that there are too many FPS games on the market and that 'casual' has been used in place of 'crappy' games and gamers suck too (in general - yea I'm talkin bout you fanboy!)
    Man what a disappointment games are becoming. - But yea it will sell and playstation the sales streak will be broken.

Question - Have sales picked up since Christmas is coming in general? Or do people start shopping in December - or what? - I think people are more likely to buy a playstation for them self and a wii for someone else but that's just my speculation
    what i can't understand is that the Eyetoy has already done this ahead of the Wiifit (sound familiar) i think it was called 'Kinetic' difference is it actually got you fit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4d5anfjnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmoLE1lvF54

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard they only allocated 36,230 Wiis for Japan

Post Thanks / Like
    yea... my mum brought Kinetic...
    It was crap... It got turned on once.
    Needed a better camera. Might work better with a PSEye

Thread Information