Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Big Planet - Game of the Year version out NOW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffbo View Post
    LBP will shift more consoles than any other game in history

Post Thanks / Like
    i don't think it's a game that will sell as much as MGS out of the gate, but over a period of time, when word gets around, i believe it will sell consoles like no other game. show me a game that is the same as LBP... you can't because it's unique and that's why i think it will sell more consoles than any other game. if i'm wrong, i'm wrong... get over it people

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah it's an opinion and that's fine, but, we just try to ground our opinions in common sense, at least some of the time.

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLiLuLeLo View Post
    Yeah it's an opinion and that's fine, but, we just try to ground our opinions in common sense, at least some of the time.
    so don't ridicule me, explain why you think i'm wrong... decency costs nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    im with you cliffbo!

LBP is a game that should of been on the Wii but now its getting a 1080p treatment and 100X the physics. LBP is the family freindly game regie wish he had.

LBP is the Wii expantion pack for PS3. i say that because LBP is the speritual embodyment of what nintendow stands for. simple family freindly creative fun, and now its getting the HIFI treatment on PS3

BTW anyone have that pic of regie's face when LBP was shown for the first time?
    We the people...

Post Thanks / Like
    Explain to us why LBP will shift more consoles than any other game in history Cliffbo. It's a pretty absurd statement to make.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxmkii View Post
    im with you cliffbo!

LBP is a game that should of been on the Wii but now its getting a 1080p treatment and 100X the physics. LBP is the family freindly game regie wish he had.

LBP is the Wii expantion pack for PS3. i say that because LBP is the speritual embodyment of what nintendow stands for. simple family freindly creative fun, and now its getting the HIFI treatment on PS3

BTW anyone have that pic of regie's face when LBP was shown for the first time?
    no need to Fat's, Jax just did . this game will interest Wii fans all over the globe (including Japan) and will be instrumental in cementing the two console demographic

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    Explain to us why LBP will shift more consoles than any other game in history Cliffbo. It's a pretty absurd statement to make.
    because there has been a huge reaction to this game from pc/xbox/nitty/ps3/nongamers alike! this game has universal apeal something that to the best of my knolege has never been achived ever!
    We the people...

Post Thanks / Like
    because there has been a huge reaction to this game from pc/xbox/nitty/ps3/nongamers alike! this game has universal apeal something that to the best of my knolege has never been achived ever!
    exactly! it's an 'everymans' game

Post Thanks / Like
    You are by far the most sensationalistic person I've ever had the opportunity to speak to. There is absolutely no way that LBP is going to shift more consoles than any other game in history because to the majority of people, it still doesn't justify a £299/£349 console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fats View Post
    You are by far the most sensationalist person I've ever had the opportunity to speak to. There is absolutely no way that LBP is going to shift more consoles than any other game in history because to the majority of people, it still doesn't justify a £299/£349 console.
    so which game did sell the most consoles in history? explain why it did and then explain why this game can't emulate or better that record

No, not that frosty... <3frosty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im pretty sure Mario has universal appeal. You dont have your legacy cemented in Video Game history by not appealing to massive amounts of people.

Also, at this point, i dont think a game like this can sell a console by itself for quite a while. And lets be honest. When was the last time a game 2-3 years old continued as a hot item? How long do you think it will take before the PS3 in all its glory will get to the point where people might justify buying the console mainly for this one game? I dont see people flocking like sheep to a green pasture any time soon with its current price point.

Im pretty sure that most people would say that the original Mario Bros game sold the most consoles ever. Perhaps that was because it was bundled with the system, but the game console itself at the time was CLEARLY affordable by a mass audience from the get go. Suddenly, you pick up ur kid the brand new Nintendo console and it already has a game? Christmas shopping is done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by <3frosty View Post
    Im pretty sure Mario has universal appeal. You dont have your legacy cemented in Video Game history by not appealing to massive amounts of people.

Also, at this point, i dont think a game like this can sell a console by itself for quite a while. And lets be honest. When was the last time a game 2-3 years old continued as a hot item? How long do you think it will take before the PS3 in all its glory will get to the point where people might justify buying the console mainly for this one game? I dont see people flocking like sheep to a green pasture any time soon with its current price point.
    LBP is not a game that will sell well and then be forgotten or passed over. in fact quite the reverse. can you imagine how many levels there'll be after it's been out for 2 or 3 years?! it will remain fresh and accessible throughout the PS3s life cycle

Post Thanks / Like
    It trips me out to think that we're as far away from the original PlayStation as the Playstation was from the NES.

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

I don't come round as often as I'd like LiquidEagle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLiLuLeLo View Post
    It trips me out to think that we're as far away from the original PlayStation as the Playstation was from the NES.
    Aren't we further, now? NES was 1985 right? So PSOne & NES were 10 years apart, and we're 12 years from PSOne...

Post Thanks / Like
    LBP is not a game that will sell well and then be forgotten or passed over. in fact quite the reverse. can you imagine how many levels there'll be after it's been out for 2 or 3 years?! it will remain fresh and accessible throughout the PS3s life cycle
    You speak about this as if you know. Certainly, there is the possibility that a game will continue to be fresh when it can be given new content over and over. However, i dont see a game 2-3 years old SELLING a console, no matter how fresh it is. I doubt the games ability to keep all this new content flowing and coming in. There will be limitations. And i dont even know how deep this game can get. Perhaps there is a limitation (and there has to be) to how much you can actually do with the game. How much TRUE variety can be achieved.

You are walking a line that many people certainly will scoff at, but that doesnt mean we are sheep for doing so. That is ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by <3frosty View Post
    You speak about this as if you know. Certainly, there is the possibility that a game will continue to be fresh when it can be given new content over and over. However, i dont see a game 2-3 years old SELLING a console, no matter how fresh it is. I doubt the games ability to keep all this new content flowing and coming in. There will be limitations. And i dont even know how deep this game can get. Perhaps there is a limitation (and there has to be) to how much you can actually do with the game. How much TRUE variety can be achieved.

You are walking a line that many people certainly will scoff at, but that doesnt mean we are sheep for doing so. That is ridiculous.
    the amount of different level designs is infinite on this game... and that's not exaggerating at all. bare in mind also that users can make what they want. the sheep comment was for those that just scoff at others simply because the majority are doing the same.

I don't come round as often as I'd like LiquidEagle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man this game is going to be amazing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidEagle View Post
    Man this game is going to be amazing...
    if you can turn gravity off then that means you can create vertical levels, which will lead to further possible game modes, like pacman or pinball... think about it! it's going to be the best received game ever

Post Thanks / Like
    the amount of different level designs is infinite on this game... and that's not exaggerating at all. bare in mind also that users can make what they want. the sheep comment was for those that just scoff at others simply because the majority are doing the same.
    Different level designs. I just dont see infinite being possible bearing in mind that i will still have the same character and be limited in what he can do. Do i want to play 3,000 different levels that only seem "tweaked"? I can see maybe 30-40 truly unique experiences, and beyond that, nothing really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information