It is 1337. This is what the DS should have been in the first place. After playing with a lite, I don't know how I even managed to play with the POS Phat.
The stylus roxors too.
And what was wrong with it? Was it form the launch group? Cause mine seems fine so far.
No. Black ones don't have that problem. My original was from launch, but that wasn't the problem. The R button didn't work. I guess they kept it anyway for some odd reason, but yeah, the new one is so great! It's like a new experience all over again!
I broke my available-only-in-asia navy blue one... and bought a black one today at the px...
Save a horse! Ride a 1337GheyCowboy!
I thought you said you don't like the lite? Cuase the buttons are higher. (which I totally forgot about actually)
The reasons I dislike the Lite include:
1. The face buttons are higher and thus harder to play Band Brothers on.
2. The edges are more squares and more uncomfortable.
3. The bottom half has that tiny lip around it's top and I think that feels uncomfortable.
4. The stylus comes out the right side, so if I am holding it and playing left handed, my right hands gets mashed into that empty slot and it hurts.
5. I don't like its power button.
6. I don't like where Start and Select are located.
However, they are so cute and the screen looks so much better, so I can't help but want one.
Replying to Lucent's post:
1. I did notice that, but after a few minutes in the game, you totally forget.
2. Don't really like that part.
3. I'm not really understanding what you mean by "lip." Do you mean around the touch screen?
4. The question is, though, "are you left handed?"
5. I like its power button, because I don't accidentally get in the game and slide my thumb up.
6. I like where they are, but they're too small. I like the click noise, though.
Yes, they are so cute, and the screen looks so much better, so I can't help but love the one I have.
DS Lite pwnzors DS Phat. Also I got it free from NNow, so that may have something to do with my love of it.
I find the DS Lite to be really disappointing, mostly for the reasons Lucent already listed. The only thing it has going for it are the size and the new screens, and possibly the stylus too (haven't really had a chance to use one, but I don't have a problem with the old stylus).
What do you mean by "the buttons are higher"? Are they closer to the hinge? I never noticed that.
Actually, I don't like the new stylus because it's made it so that the GBA cartridges stick out. If they used the same stylus as before, it wouldn't have to go in from the side (I think, it's been a while since I measure the old one gear up against the Lite) so the GBA slot could have been moved further up - or at least, that's my theory.
And I hate the new buttons. All of them. Except maybe the shoulder buttons, can't remember what they're like. The face buttons are bleh, the Start and Select buttons are in completely the wrong place, and they way they made them so tiny AND clicky buttons instead of pushy buttons, it makes them a pain to press. Half the time, they just mush into my thumbs skin instead of moving anywhere. And the D-pad, that's the part I hate about the Lite the most, and the reason I'd never get rid of my Phat for a Lite. It's easily the worst D-pad Nintendo has ever made. I'm not really sure how to explain what's so bad about it, but I can go from Mario Kart champ to a complete n00b just by switching from Phat to Lite. It's completely useless for powerslide-boosting.
In my opinion, they need to remodel the Lite. Give it the Phat's D-pad. It also needs the Phat's Start and Select buttons, but they can be in either the Phat's positions, or they can be in the Lite's position but on the opposite side of the screen. Then they need to make the four face buttons just like the GBA buttons (either vanilla GBA or the SP, doesn't matter), but have them spaced out a bit more than they are right now. For me, that would be the true DS lite, and well worth upgrading.
Well, I hated the phat. I really hate the stylus, which is so damn small it's hard to hold, (though I should be used to holding small things. ) and hurts my pretty girlish hands. It also was a bunch to carry with one hand while trying to D pad + R.
I didn't like the buttons being so small and clicky. I actually really hurt myself playing nanostray, but I forgot what I did. I just remember the sharp pain. I agree about start and select. But I really never used those anyways.
I didn't like how there was a inside out lip around the touch screen, so shit could get stuck under it. I really despised the rim around the DS Phat. That shit would burn my palms.
I like how it is is easy to play with one hand with the lite. The whole thing just lays in my hand, instead of having to grab it to hold it up. I also like how it's a square, I never liked the uneven curves of the phat. Also the hinge is very nice, earphone plug is very easy to fit into (damn you phat rim!), stylus is a joy to use, it has that little GBA filler, which is actually very nice itself, better screens, better BATTERY, etc.
At least some people still like the phat.
2. The Phat also has "pointy" corners, they're just on the side instead of on the face. they only bug me when i've been playing elite beat agents for like 3 hours straight with my hand resting on the edge.
3. i have no idea what lip you're talking about.
4. again, i'm left-handed, and have never noticed that at all. however, it is annoying to have to pull the stylus out of the right side using my left hand.
5. personally, i don't really have a preference between the power buttons. it's just a freaking power button. but a lot of people complained that they accidentally turned off the phat when their finger slipped off the d-pad, so...
6. yeah, start and select are a little weird, but you get used to it easily.
1. The stylus is MUCH more comfortable than the Phat's toothpick.Originally Posted by Gookanheimer
2. If the stylus was the only thing getting in the way of the gba slot, they wouldn've moved it higer, but still on the side, so that it wasn't in the way. but if they moved it to the back, it'd have to be tiny again.
3. i don't know what you thought was wrong with the buttons, but they all feel fine to me. ESPECIALLY the shoulder buttons.
4. start and select, again, are a bit annoying, but they're not so hard to presss that it really requires any extra effort. maybe your thumbs are too fat.
5. the d-pad was a bit weird to get used to, but i'm just as good at mario kart now as i ever was (or at least, i would be if i had played recently). sometimes it's hard to press diagonal with the lite's d-pad, but other than that, i don't see anything wrong with it.
Big thanks to Ihsiin for the sig!
Smash Bros. Friend Code: 4768-7238-0108
Mario Kart Friend Code: 2578-3745-5774
Wii Console Number: 7428-2244-6935-6135
Save a horse! Ride a 1337GheyCowboy!
Omfg, Neo Double Games LITE!
The Atari-like graphics were kind of hard to see; most of the back-light was escaping through the sides. It didn't matter, anyway, because I couldn't actually play this game. The game played itself and ignored the buttons I pushed.
I dunno how people can have so many gripes over the Lite.
My hands are absolutly massive, and I've never had the corners bother my hand or been bothered by the buttons (even though my thumb covers the entire set of buttons and then some)
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)