Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK PS3 Event -14th Oct- Digital Scarborough

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb UK PS3 Event -14th Oct- Digital Scarborough

http://www.digitalscarborough.org/in...d=12&Itemid=27

DEVELOPING FOR PLAYSTATION 3 (WITH 30 MINUTE Q&A SESSION)
    SATURDAY OCTOBER 14TH 2006
    (11AM-12.30PM)

Cost: £5 A new games platform always presents new challenges and opportunities for game developers. Igor Makaruks of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, introduces the PLAYSTATION 3 - due to launch next year. This technical presentation will provide an overview of the system architecture including the Cell processor and the new graphics processor (RSX) along with the Blu-ray storage medium. It will also include information about the new development tools and is aimed to give potential developers and new media companies an insight into PLAYSTATION 3 title development.

Over a few cups of coffee you will also have the chance to discuss and listen in on PLAYSTATION 3 games development topics with Igor Makaruks in a 30 minute Q&A session. If you would like to attend please book your place via the Book Online page.
    Lets hope one of our kind UK members is able to attend this event & share some new information. Not sure if any of the larger sites are covering this, but something possibly worth watching out for.

"Without Speculation There Is No Good & Original Observation" Charles Darwin PSN ID:ARCHV

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really, really hope that one of our UK members is able to attend. That would be fantastic.
    My PLAYSTATION 3 Entertainment System from the MASTER GURU of E-mpire OMEGA has arrived! Thank you so much for this amazing and generous gift!

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, this is the technical event I was talking about in a couple of other threads. it turned out to be in the UK.

I am sure large media outlets are attending and will deliver us the goods.

thanks for the heads up Archy.
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope MILR's wish will be fulfilled..LOL
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniCloud View Post
    I PRAY MILR's wish will be fulfilled..LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    if not, we would have to put the poor thing out of his misery.

*sharpens axe*
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I want to know is this a meeting that is going to be covered by NDA or can anyone attend? Also, I hope this is going to be a highly technical meeting and not one filled with fluff. Quite frankly, I would love to finally get the goods on the RSX and PS3 after a year or more of searching.
    My PLAYSTATION 3 Entertainment System from the MASTER GURU of E-mpire OMEGA has arrived! Thank you so much for this amazing and generous gift!

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope we can get something out of it.. does somebody know where can we find some info about it? any video, news or whatever.. do u think we can get something good about of it?
    "God never close a door without open a window"

"Computers are getting smartter, but Humans are getting more clever"

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    A good news day then hopefully. UK time also!
    PSN ID =Overclocked_PSi
    writing all posts from the PS3s DS3 atm..

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    If reporters and media people are going to be there then I hope they will at least take very detailed notes even if cameras are not allowed. I would however love to see the presentation that is made via video.

Sup guys, I'm garf, I'm redundant. Garfunkel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am most interested in the QandA season, but reporters are dumb and ask stupid questions like "what is your vision of the RSX" instead of "is the RSX based even slightly on G80"
    Less invasions, more equations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wheres, the meeting at? I may be able to attend if not too far from home.

Post Thanks / Like
    (11AM-12.30PM)
    Is that UK time? If it is it's already over, about 47minutes ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well there's still another event today:

PLAYSTATION 3:A PARALLEL UNIVERSE
    (2PM-3PM)
    We are increasing the performance of our computing systems, but not exactly the way it's been originally expected: the megahertz (or shall we say gigahertz) myth is now indeed just a myth taking next generation computing into an entirely new direction. PlayStation 3 is one of the first next generation systems to move in this direction utilising the revolutionary Cell Broadband Engine developed by Sony, Toshiba and IBM to provide massive computing power consisting of multiple cpu cores on a single chip.
    The PlayStation 3 provides a parallel architecture that requires advanced, multiprocessing aware applications in order to make the most of the hardware and software design available. This presentation demonstrates the new challenges for developers when developing for multiprocessing systems as well as techniques used to solve these problems.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reporters are usually pretty dumb. Not all of them, but many in the gaming world. So few of them seem to be willing to ask any hard hitting questions at events such as E3, TGS, Leipzig, or other events. There have been tons of precise questions that need to be asked (even if no response would be given) but instead only fluffy questions were given.

I hope someone reports back from the event as soon as posible. It would be great to know what happened!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it must be totally over by now, although that second session is about to start.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone here know anyone else that may have attended? If so, please try to ask them. It would be facinating to find out what was discussed.

Post Thanks / Like
    ah, I had a timer running all the time but I don't check it often since the events are at least a few days way. when I checked it, it reminded me of the other event I was talking about. it is called Gamers' Day and it is the pre-launch party in the US. as for the date, it is probably in the 19th. so only four more days.
    - Steven Weinberg

- Lenny Bruce

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates so far?

Post Thanks / Like
    For what I can tell, we wont know nothing about this conference at all.. shame.
    "God never close a door without open a window"

"Computers are getting smartter, but Humans are getting more clever"

Thread Information