Thread: Help with MGS3

Post Thanks / Like

Help with MGS3

Ok, my friend and I are playing this game and we've gotten to the battle with The End. We can beat him easily enough, both of us, but we read on the internet if you Hold him up (sneak behind him and then press square) like 3 times with the M37 he gives you his camo.

However whenever we do it he goes like face down so we can't point it at his head or his balls with him seeing. Is there anyone who can help me to get him to drop his Moss Camo?

Koupa Klan

Highly Motivated Test Subject Ivory_Soul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you playing the original MGS3 or Subsistance? When I played Subsistence I just ran around everywhere until I saw him and popped him a few times with the AK and if you're quick enough and lucky you might be able to chuck a grenade at him to take a good chunk out of his health, and it finally worked. I never got him to drop his moss camo during the fight though and I don't think it'll drop his camo. I think you're confused that when you beat him he'll give you his M37 and moss camo, he won't drop it during the fight.

Post Thanks / Like
    The original. We've beat him before and got his Moisin Nagant but We haven't got his Camo. Also, How do you shake someone in a hold-up?

The FAQ says

To get the uniform, you must sneak up behind The End and hold him up. He'll go to the ground with his hands on his head. Point your weapon at his
    head/crotch a few times. He'll refuse to give you anything the first two times,
    but on the third time he'll shake and drop the MOSS UNIFORM. Be careful,
    though. Soon after he gives up the camo, he throws a Stun Grenade to distract you.

He doesn't face up though he goes down on his stomache.

Koupa Klan

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was 3 ways to get him if i remember right.
    PSN ID =Overclocked_PSi
    writing all posts from the PS3s DS3 atm..

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if this is what you're doing wrong, but I'll elaborate on this:

I did obtain the moss camo in Snake Eater (which gives you up to 100% stealth in End's area). What I exactly did was sneaking behind him three times in three different places. You do not have to point three times at him in one of the positions he goes to, you just have to hold the gun for a few seconds each time. I hope that helps.

3 ways to beat him:

1) His stamina runs out - you obtain the Mosin Nagant
    2) His health runs out - you just beat him
    3) He dies of old age (by not playing the game for a week during End's battle or setting PS2's clock manually) - you get to see a new cutscene

Alternatively, you can also kill him before reaching his area by shooting him while he's being pushed on his wheelchair before fighting The Fear. You'll have to face the Ocelot unit instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got it wen I played through myself.

Get the shotgun, find where he is and sneak up on him, get within in about 5 metres and pull out the shot gun holding the O button (DO NOT RELEASE!) When he goes like "HUH?! where'd you comer from" Go into First person and then use either the R2 or L2 depending which side you're on to go aim at his head. Do it 3 times and he gives you the moss camo.

Make sure you don't put the gun away at all.

Koupa Klan

Thread Information