Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any chance for PS3 Sony games to cost $50?

Veteran Citizen VideoGame mania's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Any chance for PS3 Sony games to cost $50?

Microsoft do sell their games,can Sony make it? I mean PS2 first party games were $40-50

Post Thanks / Like
    Games like Heavenly Sword and Genji will probaly be $50.
    Currently Playing(BC): Final Fantasy Origins, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Final Fantasy Anthology and Final Fantasy XII.
    Currently Playing (PS3)(Singleplayer):
    Currently Playing (PS3)(Online): Killzone 2 and LittleBigPlanet.
    Recently Finished:

Post Thanks / Like
    The majority of 360 games sell for £50 over here, some for £44.99. I'm expecting the same price plan for the PS3.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^...especially when we're forking over $600 for the PS3 Exclusive and additional peripherals.

Post Thanks / Like
    expect 50usd
    We the people...

Wish I was cool enough for a title PUNK em 733's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most should be 50usd, but those huge blockbuster types that take forever to make will be prolly 60 usd.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    PSN: iPUNKem733

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Kaz already said they'd be between $59.99 and $99.99?
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Wish I was cool enough for a title PUNK em 733's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck selling any game for 100 bucks.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    PSN: iPUNKem733

Veteran Citizen VideoGame mania's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper
    I thought Kaz already said they'd be between $59.99 and $99.99?
    yes he did,but it's not fair if it's true.Sony has the system twice as expensive and if games cost above $60 they would be digging their own grave

Freeman_JI
    Its all down to the publisher to get their money back, next gen game budgets are increasing so you have to sell more at a higher price. Can you do that for $49.95 I believe so esp if development teams use off the shelf pre-build engines, physics, Sound, AI packages.

The exeption are games like MGS which have always been expensive over here. MGS 2-3 $119.95AU

because a) proprietary engine - everything b) large team and Hideo would command a decent sallary

So yes and no IMO

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure kaz was being vague to cover his ass.

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    For first party games yes, for third party games no.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe later on in the generation

Post Thanks / Like
    50 for MS first party/produced games and 60 for 3rd party games, it seems reasonable that Sony would follow the same strategy but who knows. Hell at this point maybe PS3 games will be cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    HAHA, this is gonna mess up EU games shop., because loads of import online stores are doing free delivery on items, and damn if not the region free PS3 wont
    make importing US titles an attractive option for EU gamers saving at least £10,00 = $ 18,00 !

I study this
    Post Thanks / Like
    no. Sorry, but just plain NO. If hardware prices go up, game prices should go down. The reason game hardware is so cheap typically is because they are selling it at a loss (we all know this) to make it up in the price of games. Either you make your money on the system, or the games. Don't split it and hit me twice.

When I heard the PS3 would be comming out for $600, I was stoked because maybe, just MAYBE they would state that games would sell for $40 a pop and with the same size share going to developers as last generation. That means Sony would make less money off each game sold, but also take a far less hit from initial sales of consoles. This would make sence if they had a long-term goal in mind, and had that kind of time to turn a profit.

If that was the final pricing plan, that would be a huge hit on MS. Not only are the games better looking and with more content, but they're $20 cheaper as well. I was really hoping to see that.

It also gives gamers a HUGE reason to support the PS3, if they know they'll be getting a lot of games for it, than the PS3 pays for itself after 10 new games. 10 games, $20 cheaper = $200 less spent than MS.

Also, if there weren't enough reasons already, cheaper games would also cut into the used game industry. If you've noticed, there aren't too many greatest hits games and sports games being traded back in because it's not worth it. They're priced cheap enough as is, so you're not saving all that much by going with a used game. Kinda the same way with DVDs. You can buy used ones for cheap, but for $5 more, you can buy it new. And at $20? no big deal really. Movie budgets seem to be going up too, so why aren't we seeing the same trend in hollywood?

C'mon Sony, either charge us for the system, or charge us for the games. but not both. That's just cruel.

*madhouse's offical creepy old guy* Smokey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    people you have to realize its more than likely its going to cost alot more to make games on these dear next gen harware, not cheaper. its gonna be a fact of life
    my PSN name is smokey777
    Originally posted julps31
    The truth. MGS has aged gracefully. MGS1 = MILF

total destruction
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoGame mania
    Any chance for PS3 Sony games to cost $50?
    Maybe you should be asking where it is possible that PS3 games will cost $99. If anything, I find THAT the be a stretch over the $50 figure.

I study this
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey777
    people you have to realize its more than likely its going to cost alot more to make games on these dear next gen harware, not cheaper. its gonna be a fact of life
    So all games will rise about $10-$15 every generation from now on? Why is it that this is the first time that games have needed a price hike? There have been other nextgen systems before, they've never needed the hike, but why are we getting it now?

I know that it costs a lot more for games to be made on these systems right now, but that's only really a short-term kinda thing. Think back to any other older system, they were a pain to develop for right off the bat. What about 5 years from now, once all the tools are made, and making games will be far easier since Devs will have had the time and experience with new hardware. They will still cost you another $10.

If you try to counter me with the argument "AAA titles require more resources to be put into them" Yeah, just like huge big-budget movies require huge bankrolls, but they make their money back on volume. Games should be striving to do the same kind of thing. Prices on games should be going down, not up. Lower prices will increase market penetration and more titles will sell.

Otherwise, I'm going to buy mostly used games if they keep rising the prices. So how are they going to make money off that? Raising the prices of new games even more, making the problem worse, not better.

Post Thanks / Like
    no PS3 game will cost less than $60....here might be a hint

http://www.gamersreports.com/news/3600/

Thread Information