5 8.33%
  • heavenly sword

9 15.00%
  • gt5

5 8.33%
  • other

11 18.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which games are going to make ps3 a huge success?

Post Thanks / Like

which games are going to make ps3 a huge success?

which games do you really think that's going to push ps3 over the realm of reality

Post Thanks / Like
    Assassins without a doubt. Getaway and an outside chance for Afrika...

trying not to state the obvious contenders here

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with all those but Killzone. It's going to be a hot subject on forums whatever it ends up being like. By the time the first 100% real screenshots and video footage appear, all fanboys from either side will say "It suxorz!" and "It pwnszord!" indistinctively, and I myself believe it has the potential to be a good game that could help sell a good amount of PS3 units. The first Killzone was not totally bad at all and PSP's instalment looks like it's going to get good reviews, so I still have faith in it while I want to be cautious for the time being.

I have to add FFXIII to the list as a strong title in Japan and worldwide too, but specially in Japan. Warhawk will be interesting for many mainly because of the new controller. UT2K7 will be a popular game among those who don't want to upgrade their PCs by buying a single GPU for the same price of a console. Lair is very promising. MotorStorm has the potential to become a classic first gen game. Naughty Dog's project has yet a lot to demonstrate, but it's shaping up really nicely. Resistance could be quite a solid launch title. DMC4 is my most anticipated game right behind MGS4. Can't wait to see RE5 and GTAIV. BTW, Sony's 1st party games were the most successful ones in their cathegory this generation; this fact is going to entail some very positive consequences, I think (GOW3, next Getaway, Eight Days, etc.).

Post Thanks / Like
    8days without a doubt. also endless saga

Nothing ever ends, Adrian. Sephiroth_VII's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, good idea, but I would've liked a few more options(FF XIII, GTA4, Team ICO's next game, etc...).

Now, I think MGS4, FF XIII and RE4 will really push the consoles. Not to mention SotC2, which will be... Well, I'm at a loss for words... Of course, Warhawk will really shoecaser the controller, same for GT5. Maybe we'll be able to use it as a a steering wheel in GTA4!!

Well, any ways. That's my list, with MGS4 on top of it.
    PSN: Sephiroth_VII

Post Thanks / Like
    is anyone else interested in the new Ratchet and Clank game? remember that 1 screen? i still think that it might sell a few. maybe. (even though i have no intention on buying ps3 anytime in the nex 2 yrs. Damn Sony)
    i represent the uninformed consumer.
    [/url]I'm trying to become more than what was predicted of me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitri
    is anyone else interested in the new Ratchet and Clank game? remember that 1 screen? i still think that it might sell a few. maybe. (even though i have no intention on buying ps3 anytime in the nex 2 yrs. Damn Sony)
    I think there wasn't any screenshot of R&C's PS3's title, although if you're talking about the video, it looked damn great and definately intrigues me. I thought it was really disappointing to learn that it didn't appear at E3 at all. Along with some 10 more expected titles, its absence contributed to make Sony's conference underwhelming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Other, FFXIII or Assassin's Creed.
    PSN:venomlvjr

Post Thanks / Like
    I voted for GT5 myself, only because I'm a huge fan though and believe that GT5 will (At least it should, as the potential is there)be absolutely massive. I'll admit that it's a tough choice though, I mean, just look at the quality titles that have been listed so far in this thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    i've just got this gut feeling that Afrika is going to be something very special.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that it is Cliffbo, as it stood out quite a bit in my opinion. My only gripe is is that I know very little about it, so I'll just have to wait and see!

Post Thanks / Like
    Afrika looked amazing, but beyond that we know nothing, unfortunatly.
    PSN:venomlvjr

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fats
    I hope that it is Cliffbo, as it stood out quite a bit in my opinion. My only gripe is is that I know very little about it, so I'll just have to wait and see!
    this game seems to have slipped by unoticed. but when i saw the giraffe eating the leaves and twitching its ears in a frighteningly realistic way, i couldn't help thinking: 'why go to all the trouble of creating photorealism for a game that will have little appeal?'

is it a first party game?

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually think Lair could move some ps3's. The devs have a good track record. I was actually kinda upset that sony didn't show more of the game at e3.

I´m going HOME, guyz Insane Metal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I´m expecting a lot from Heavenly Sword. I think the game looks incredible so far, and will easily be one of the most successful games on the PS3.

Post Thanks / Like
    theres so many new and great games for PS3...its gonna be a huge success as the PS2 and PS1

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of poll is that?!? It doesnt even have Final Fantasy for god sakes! Also no one game will make the PS3 a success, its a combination of all the great games.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    useless poll as none of these games alone are going to make the system a sucess , some of them combined will .

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of these games will make it a success like Infernal said man...if your asking what will be have the largest role in making the system a success-then I think it depends on what part of the world your talking about. In Japan-FF13-nuff said. In Europe-maybe Getaway or GT5. If Killzone turns out good, it' has the potential to be a real system sellar in the U.S especially cuz all the hype it got from it's pre-rendered video-easily the biggest game of E305...No one can know for sure-but there are some really good multi-platform and exclusive games headed to PS3-and that's allways good for any system that wants to sell well.
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    I really think naughty dog untitled game is going to be a silent hit also.

Thread Information