Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any indictation of Killzone?

Post Thanks / Like

Any indictation of Killzone?

Has any of the team seen any gleam of hope for something Killzone related at this E3? I'm not just saying this from the graphics standpoint but also because I own and enjoy the first game.

Post Thanks / Like
    dont hold your breath, Phil kinda screw them by saying its "render to specs", so they can't show anything until its close to finish. I highly doubt its going look as good as the trailer..maybe 1/5 of the trailer. There just isnt enough processing power and bandwidth on the PS3 to do that CGI trailer in realtime...

PSINext forever
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Killzone is in any way represented at this show, it is utterly beyond me.

My take is that they probably will use Killzone - and progress made on the game - as a PS3-interest booster closer to the consoles launch, or perhaps as a foil to a MS game down the line.

I'm thinking it's probably being kept in reserve - and under development - until the time that it's 'needed.'
    Respect to all those who debate their positions using facts and reason rather than rumor and passion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, then again everyone thought the tech demos for the PS2 would never be achievable and lo and behold it has surpassed them. When I see Gears of War and Metal Gear Solid 4, I can see a very close approximation of the trailer within a couple of years. Man I hope Sony at least says SOMETHING however small about Killzone this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    how many days of E3 are left? tomorrow or friday?

After looking at 'heavy rain' I'm not sure what isn't possible on PS3.

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are probably right that it will be used as a silver bullet against the 360 and Wii.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismt
    Well, then again everyone thought the tech demos for the PS2 would never be achievable and lo and behold it has surpassed them. When I see Gears of War and Metal Gear Solid 4, I can see a very close approximation of the trailer within a couple of years. Man I hope Sony at least says SOMETHING however small about Killzone this year.

I might get flame for this but..

I seen the orginal PS2 tech demo, the PS2 did not surpass them IMO. Those tech demo had far better lighting. I wonder what CPI thinks about this subject also?

the Heavy Rain demo is just that a demo, from a unknown company , its not a game. Will the final game look as good as the demo? i dont know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saibo
    I might get flame for this but..

I seen the orginal PS2 tech demo, the PS2 did not surpass them IMO. Those tech demo had far better lighting.
    You're wrong. PS2's better (majority of them)titles make the demos look down right conservative. Did you just see pictures or did you see them in motion. I remember seeing them in a magazine and saying wow. A little while back I saw the actual clips on some japanese file host, they're not that good at all, I'd say games were surpassing them by like 2002.

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Sup guys, I'm garf, I'm redundant. Garfunkel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only demo that wasn't surpassed was the old man demo
    Less invasions, more equations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLiLuLeLo2003
    You're wrong. PS2's better (majority of them)titles make the demos look down right conservative. Did you just see pictures or did you see them in motion. I remember seeing them in a magazine and saying wow. A little while back I saw the actual clips on some japanese file host, they're not that good at all, I'd say games were surpassing them by like 2002.
    Im not "wrong", its a matter of opinion, if you ask CPI he'll probably align to my opinion on this matter also. I seen most of them in motion and pictures. In most cases the "lighting" is better in the demo compare to the final game(GT,FF).

Of course i always had this opinion since the beginning.

@Yes_its_me, im not talking about the Old Man demo at all..more like all the other demos.

But i think we are getting off topic, and its kinda pointless to debate.

Post Thanks / Like
    how can you have an opinion about empirical data? like, 'it's my opinion that the sun is not exploding hydrogen.' Or more like 'Michael Johnson is a faster runner than me.' What's the debate about something that just is or isn't? That's where you lose me. >_>

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd also say that you're wrong Saibo, it's a known fact that a lot of games released on the PS2 have well surpassed those tech demos. I'd like to start a comparison thread but I can't be bothered!

Post Thanks / Like
    Too be honest Gears of War looks just about as good as Killzone (except for the explosions).

Post Thanks / Like
    man killzone isn't even the high bar anymore. mgs4 proved that last year.

Sup guys, I'm garf, I'm redundant. Garfunkel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    @undercover cop
    and the framerate......
    Less invasions, more equations!

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah it looked like 30fps.

Post Thanks / Like
    On gaming age they dig out the old man in Silent Hill 3 everytime the old man tech demo head is mentioned, surpassed early on. Don't have it handy. The problem is you'd never make a game wih just a floating head.

I think the best quote I heard is "Sure we'll have graphics like Killzone, but it'll take a couple of years" So 2007 for Killzone at the earliest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes_It's_Me
    the only demo that wasn't surpassed was the old man demo
    Like that othe guy said, Silent Hill 3 already suprassed the Old Man Demo.
    Insert extremem fanboy quote here.

Are you ready to step up? Junox50's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Back then, people would think a game like God of War, Metal Gear Solid 3, or Tekken 5 was impossible.

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you all looked at the PS2 launch titles recently? They look like n64 games! Imagine, in 5 years we'll say the same thing about the PS3 launch...

Thread Information