Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SOCOM 4, God Of War sequel and Resistance (I-8) for PS3!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation SOCOM 4, God Of War sequel and Resistance (I-8) for PS3!

PS3 E3 SECRETS UNVEILED! PLUS PS HUB UPDATE!

Exclusive: One major PS3 monster confirmed for E3, PS3 God of War goodness and flagship title encounters Resistance!

10:05 You'll probably already have read yesterday's story about the proposed PlayStation HUB, the new codename for Sony's planned PlayStation online service for the PS3.

It was a great scoop from our friends over at Next-Gen.biz and immediately sent our news antennae into overload as we digested details on what Sony had in store for its PS3 and PSP online service - you can find out the full details by hitting the link below.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=134343

Subsequent to this report, we spread our tendrils across the world wide web to track down further details on the service. Speaking on conditions of strict anonymity, one of our own ultra secret and highly reliable sources informed CVG that HUB details were being kept firmly under lock and key for the moment and that, while the HUB moniker is one of the favoured names, it's still hasn't been finalised and is just one of several proposed titles being considered.

However, CVG's very own deep throat went on to reveal further hot info on PlayStation 3 titles that will be actually be there and in the flesh at this year's E3, with an 'absolutely gorgeous looking' SOCOM 4 confirmed for the show and likely to be a PS3 launch title.

You want more PS3 loving? Well, you'll get it in the form of a newly confirmed PS3 God of War title, which we have to say has us salivating in utter delight because its PS2 debut was absolutely cracking - we can't wait to swing Kratos' chains in anger all over again on Sony's next-gen machine. God of War PS3 may not actually make it to E3, but is apparently well into development; and interestingly, both it and SOCOM 4 will also be appearing on PS2, underlining Sony's commitment to its favoured current-gen son for the next few years.

Finally, we've got one last nugget of PS3 goodness to share with you, as we can exclusively reveal that Ratchet and Clank developer Insomiac's amazing looking PS3 shooter I-8 - and one of Sony's biggest PS3 titles - has been renamed. Prepare to meet ....(sound of drum roll) Resistance.

More exclusive PS3 goodness on CVG soon.
    Link: CVG

Woohoo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just read this about 10 seconds ago on CVG, great news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Deep throat, reminds me of hmm.. now what was it actually...

But hopefully their mole really knows something we didn't and now do.

So many games so little time..

I don't come round as often as I'd like LiquidEagle's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sct-i/on
    Deep throat, reminds me of hmm.. now what was it actually...

Metal Gear Solid?

Sounds awesome, and expected , can't wait for E3 (I just got my badge confirmation on Monday )

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    "newly confirmed PS3 God of War title", when was this confirmed by Sony? It's funny that this has popped up the day after the 'HUB' article appeared on Next Gen and Zipper looking for network coders for a next gen game.

Oh, and Resistance has been bounced around for months as the name for I-8.

CVG are full of it.

total destruction
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Powercell
    "newly confirmed PS3 God of War title", when was this confirmed by Sony? It's funny that this has popped up the day after the 'HUB' article appeared on Next Gen and Zipper looking for network coders for a next gen game.

Oh, and Resistance has been bounced around for months as the name for I-8.

CVG are full of it.
    I'm not sure if you are familiar with CVG, but they've been very reliable from what I know. The first I can confirm is when people thought Sony/PS3 wouldn't be at last years E3, but CVG getting the news from this "reliable insider" of theirs that told them otherwise.---------> Last year

Nothing ever ends, Adrian. Sephiroth_VII's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Bows to god"!!!! I'm a believer!!!! I've prayed for the last 7 months, 3 weeks, 12 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes, and 23 seconds that this would happen!!! OH JOY!!!! GOD OF WAR!!!!

BTW:
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VG Aficionado again.
    Bah!!! Stupid rep system...
    PSN: Sephiroth_VII

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_VII
    "Bows to god"!!!! I'm a believer!!!! I've prayed for the last 7 months, 3 weeks, 12 days, 21 hours, 59 minutes, and 23 seconds that this would happen!!! OH JOY!!!! GOD OF WAR!!!!
    I coulnd not agree with you more! On top of GoW you cannot forget the possiblity that SOCOM 4 may be a launch title! Awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth_VII
    Bah!!! Stupid rep system...

Anyway, even though it was nice to see that info, most of it was a no-brainer. There's no news to get too excited about just yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    nevermind, misread delete.
    PSN:venomlvjr

Nothing ever ends, Adrian. Sephiroth_VII's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know. But after the dissapointment of TGS, I'm so happy to see some actual info.
    PSN: Sephiroth_VII

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing that sounds even REMOTELY real is the I-8 = Resistance news. All the other stuff sounds like hogwash, especially the decidely idiotic PS2/PS3 versions of both SOCOM 4 and Resistance.

Im not a baby, Ima MAN, Ima an ANCHORMAN indiekid4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
    The only thing that sounds even REMOTELY real is the I-8 = Resistance news. All the other stuff sounds like hogwash, especially the decidely idiotic PS2/PS3 versions of both SOCOM 4 and Resistance.
    I concur. Socom 3 only came out...what 6 months ago? And PS3 is suppose to launch this year. I doubt we'd have another Socom ready by then.
    PSN: iNdieKid

NO. 21, We'll Never Forget You

Post Thanks / Like
    It's not exactly like CVG to just "make up news" though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure Zipper would've been one of the first developers to get a dev kit for PS3, and they've probably been working on SOCOM 4 since well before 3 was released. I don't see what's so hard to believe about that.

With GOW, I doubt it's too far along, but they would've rolled right off the first into the sequel I bet. If Kojima could get that MGS4 made between E3 and TGS, I can see GOW's graphics atleast coming along well

Hope we see more on I-8 soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Related news:

Zipper Hiring for PlayStation 3 Title

Socom developer Zipper Interactive's website advertises job openings for work on online-enabled next-generation games.

ImageZipper, which was recently acquired by Sony, is looking for a senior server engineer and senior network engineer to work on a next-gen "large-scale multiplayer game". A few other positions are open for current and next-generation console work.

Although a PlayStation 3 version of Socom hasn't been announced, considering Socom's online-centric gameplay and the overall success of the franchise, it seems fairly obvious that Sony and Zipper are ramping up efforts to bring the series to its next-gen console.
    Link: Next Generation

Post Thanks / Like
    Now this is all very good news.

Judging on how efficiently Insomniac functions, it's possible that Resistance could be a "launch window" title as well.

However, I do hope that Sony doesn't force Jaffe too much. He put in a lot of work and spirit into that game, so the last thing we need is for it to be a sudden cash cow, y'know.

Damn, the double-edged sword of success. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I doesn't matter how credible they've been in the past. This news, with the exception of the Resistance bit, sounds extremely odd. And if this is indeed true, then Sony's gearing up to the worst launch of the next gen consoles by giving people a reason to avoid the PS3 version and get one for the console they already have.

Just like the Hub news, this is best taken with a healthy dose of salt.

total destruction
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere
    I doesn't matter how credible they've been in the past. This news, with the exception of the Resistance bit, sounds extremely odd. And if this is indeed true, then Sony's gearing up to the worst launch of the next gen consoles by giving people a reason to avoid the PS3 version and get one for the console they already have.

Just like the Hub news, this is best taken with a healthy dose of salt.
    We will see, but I sure hope they are wrong as far as the hub news.

Post Thanks / Like
    If we go and assume all of this is true, then we've got a very scatterbrained PS3 experience with first and second party ports lumped over the inevitable EA ports and all other sorts of shovelware at launch, and a console far from ready for primetime.

If it's all false, then where's the surprise and work these guys are putting into games especially given an increasingly unlikely Spring window (simply because of a lack of media). Either way, it's pretty ugly.

Thread Information