Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ign Nintendo Revolution A Go!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ign Nintendo Revolution A Go!!!

About time, ign finally has their Revolution site up.
    http://revolution.ign.com/

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Site looks nice, can't wait till Matt post those developers interviews about the Rev.

Post Thanks / Like
    That header is awesome.

I'm not the human you thought I was. Teh Roxor!'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And with a few new articles, too. Interesting stuff.

Although to think that the Revolution will come out a YEAR from now is a bit depressing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also that the alpha kits are only slightly better than xbox is depressing. How much better could the final be?

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that MP3 screen isn't from Revolution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teh Flock

Post Thanks / Like
    See, when NNow puts pressure and the fans speak out, things can change.
    Ephesians 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, hearing that the devs are only slightly more powerful then an Xbox was a bummer to read, but they're still based off the Cube hardware right. I'm still pretty confident that the Rev games will look nice.

I'm not the human you thought I was. Teh Roxor!'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That screen is from the very short clip which was played at E3 which was supposedly MP3. I wouldn't worry, I think it was made with gamecube hardware and will undoubtedly be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBake Platinum
    Also that the alpha kits are only slightly better than xbox is depressing. How much better could the final be?
    Well, I actually didn't expect it to be much better. But I guess it could get quite a bit better. But then again, I don't really care if it does.

Post Thanks / Like
    at least we know it will be cheap. I am glad I wont have to pay $400 or more to play games on a system.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't a doubt that gameplay will make up for it's lack of power.

Post Thanks / Like
    So Viper's theory of the developers using souped up Gamecubes as their Dev. kits was right. However that still doesn't really tell us anything. We still don't know how powerful the actual Revolution is or how powerful its graphics chip is.

And I wish the Revolution would come out on the first week of November, just so that I could pick it up closer to my Birthday. (Even though it wouldn't make as much sense financially.)

Playstation Network: Derrick_Barra
    Xbox Live: Derrick Barra
    Steam: nnowderrickbarra
    Onlive: Derrickbarra

http://www.derrickbarra.com

Post Thanks / Like
    yay! Now, everyone, get set for some innacurate, to-be-withdrawn-and-contradicted news articles about the REV! yaaayyyyyy!

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read the latest article on what developers know about the Rev that are already working on it.

The Revolution isn't all that much more powerful when it comes to graphics compared to.... I won't even say Xbox 360. I'm willing to say Xbox and that machine wasn't far in power compared to GCN. The only problem I have with that is that better graphics can add to gameplay to a certain extent. It doesn't have to go for super sexy, but the really really good thing I see is that IMO we could get a console slightly cheaper than $200. Just compare that to the power differences between N64 and GCN power and price ranges at launch. I personally hope some games start off at a price slightly lower than $50. That's a kickass deal we might get.

Post Thanks / Like
    The new site is pretty to look at, and the information is nice to recieve, if not a little despressing. The lack of power in the Revolution isn't a deal breaker by and means (as I believe anyone one would generally agree), but i also think it's fair to say that nothing is final quite yet. The GPU is basically still completely unknown and as I believe Viper mentioned in another thread here, they wouldn't make a brand new GPU if it was a mere upgrade from GCNs.

It's obvious we won't be seeing 360 quality, but if all games look as well (or dare I say, better) than RE4, I don't think we'll have too much of a problem. With the exception of Kameo, I think RE4 is the best looking game (exclusing PC) I've ever seen. PDZ looks good, and clearly is of a much high res, but RE4 still catches my eye far more. Now the waiting game really picks up, since it's coming closer and closer to being over.

I'm still a little taken back by how recently development for an online SSB started considering nintendo also wants it to be a luanch title. Is one year really enough time to get that done? I'm not sure how much man power is put behind the usual game (SSB is going to have 50 people and it's own office), but is it enough?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm 75% sure that SSB will be delayed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know many people that will simply fall down and cry if that happens, and I hope it doesn't since it really is the perfect multiplayer game for launch.

Personally, i can live without it in exchange for some really good exclusives in its place (like a GOOD new Mario, I really don't like Sunshine). A really good FPS (since Metroid likely won't be out for a while) would make me happy as well, considering Rev was built for FPS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to take a stab at 85%. I dare not go 90%.

Post Thanks / Like
    SSB NEEDS to be at launch, or at least close afterwards. Sure it will be great if we get both metroid and mario at launch, but i would rather one of those be delayed over SSB. That game needs to be THE killer app for the revolution, with free online play and such. nintendo cannot afford to have that game delayed.

Post Thanks / Like
    They can't afford it being terribly flawed or not being cram packed like SSBM was. IMO, This next smash bros needs to be as giant of a leap from Melee was as melee was from Super smash bros 64.

It's a once per generation game that must last you the entire generation, and must be perfect.

Thread Information