Thread: (JOKE)Sony only releasing THREE units at launch!!(JOKE)

Nothing ever ends, Adrian. Sephiroth_VII's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

(JOKE)Sony only releasing THREE units at launch!!(JOKE)

Los Angeles , CA - Microsoft's Xbox 360 launch this week is the first shot in the battle between next-generation video game consoles with Sony's response, the Playstation 3, being released later next year.

Sony CEO Howard Stringer revealed that the company has learned from the launch of the Xbox 360 and will be employing similar but more aggressive tactics. For example, Microsoft managed to create an artificial sell-out demand for their new product by constraining the number of available units. Sony will do the same. In fact Sony will be releasing only three units on launch day.

"We also won't be telling customers which stores will be getting the stock to encourage the tradition of lining up in vain for days on end only to be disappointed. It's a part of the traditional fun of launch day," said Stringer.

Sony expects to set a new sell-out record. They are aiming for less than 10 seconds. Sony expects the headlines such as "Sony PS3 sold out in 5 seconds" will boost sales even more if they actually had more units to sell.

Sony will also follow Microsoft's lead in product quality. Stringer promised, "A console so sophisticated that it won't be working most of the time. This way, customers will know they have the latest in technology."

Finally, Sony has seen the benefit of the Microsoft dual-model approach but Sony will be releasing no less than three versions of the console over a staggered release schedule. The first version of the console to be available will ship without some of the optional goodies such as game controllers or video out ports, but will contain the revolutionary "Cell-Out" DRM processing unit.

"We will out-Microsoft, Microsoft on this one," said Stringer.
    OMG!!!
    Please say that it's a joke.
    It just stinks of sarcasm...
    Source
    PSN: Sephiroth_VII

Post Thanks / Like
    *Dies laughing* Oh man, that is great. They actually had me going for a while.... right guys? <_< >_>
    "Like the moon over the day, my genius and brawn are lost on these fools. ~haiku" Bowser, Super Mario RPG
    Do not feed your Wii chicken after midnight, nor get it wet. Doing so will cause a bad 80s plot to unveil itself, and a cuter, fuzzier Wii will have to kill it.
    PSN ID= "Hrama". Add me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, until i read it through. I believed that it was true(my only reason for posting).

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it was pretty believable at first. Good fake news though, but now it only increases my thirst for PS3 news.
    "Like the moon over the day, my genius and brawn are lost on these fools. ~haiku" Bowser, Super Mario RPG
    Do not feed your Wii chicken after midnight, nor get it wet. Doing so will cause a bad 80s plot to unveil itself, and a cuter, fuzzier Wii will have to kill it.
    PSN ID= "Hrama". Add me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's some real news:
    The Blu-ray DVD group led by the entertainment giant Sony has announced that they would unveil specific launch plans of their format at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January. However, the launch of drives and the discs in the market would only take place by spring 2006. Andy Parsons, a spokesman for Blu-ray said in a statement: “We’re sticking with the spring time frame.”

The Blu-Ray DVD group is competing with Toshiba led group, which is backing their own HD DVD format. And it becomes important for these two groups to come out with their product first in the market to get more consumers to check them out. Sony is already committed to ship their Playstation 3 gaming console with a Blu-Ray drive and that should really help them to get an advantage.

Parsons added: “At CES, you’re likely to hear some announcements from a number of companies as to when you’ll see our products on the market.” The Blu-Ray camp is supported by major entertainment industry giants like Disney, Fox, Pioneer, and Panasonic. However, HD DVD has the advantage of having the support of Microsoft, which powers more than 90% of the world computers through their Windows Operating System.
    Source

Its O.K!... I'll take it from here. O.D.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just read this on another site...and it reaks of sarcasm and a little bit of fanboyism.

Its sad knowing people will be visiting these sites and reading this article beliving it to be true. If only they were just as imformed as our great forum!

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    the part that made me laugh the most was when they said that the consoles wont work most of the time, and that will show people that they truly have something next gen, HILARIOUS!!!!

or when he said only three consoles will be released, and they wont tell consumers were to find them... HILARIOUS!!!!
    PSN:RoberTo

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL iI saw that "article" just before I came here. Good laughs, good laughs...
    "We Will out-Microsoft Microsoft" HAHA very good...

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    www .bbspot. com/News/2005/11/playstation_3_launch.html

Post Thanks / Like
    A POS console just means it's a good one *winks* Buy my POS console and brag to your friends "Hey man my console broke 10 times in one day!!" "Dude mine is SOOO much cooler, mine breaks AT LEAST 12 times a day." lol yes very good.

Brimming with possibilities kaphwan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A very nice stab at Microsoft. Well done.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

http://www.lostcitystudios.net/

Click.

Thread Information