Memory: 1GB or better
    Video: ATI x800 or better, or Nvidia 6800 or better

I just built a new computer that has
    AMD 3200
    1 GB of mem
    and an Nvidia 6800.

now it is already almost out of date

Post Thanks / Like
    wow... just got done playing it and the graphics are jaw-dropping. i would even say better, or equivalant to any xbox 360 game i have seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reminder!!!!!!

Time to start the DL!!!!!!!

Wii Console Number: 7383 8158 8331 6868
    Smash Brothers Brawl Friend Code: 3136-6260-1728
    Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 1891-2032-6761

Gamer Profile & Collection

I Suck At Gaming - A Refuge For Us NOT So Good Gamers
    Forums are Online! Sign up today, what are you waiting for!

Post Thanks / Like
    the freakin helicopter fight at the end scared me.... play it, and you will see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damit, my 9800pro 256mb can't handle it. Thx for the info, I'm going to try and see if it works anyway.

And by looking at those screens, I can understand why the req is so high.
    Proud 1993 JDM WRX owner!

Post Thanks / Like
    I wasnt overly impressed really. Not much new there other than some lighting, I dont know why it was necessary for us to wait months and months on a 5 minute level full of glitches and bugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    i didnt run into any glitches.

and yes, the main point was lighting, although they were talking about other things.

lighting is as important as anything else when it comes to these new games though.

Freeman_JI
    Quote Originally Posted by IEatFriedPikmin
    wow... just got done playing it and the graphics are jaw-dropping. i would even say better, or equivalant to any xbox 360 game i have seen.
    The graphics were good, but still dated it's HL2 with HDR (duh ) no where near F.E.A.R or the 360 game Condemned which uses the Jupiter Engine (same as fear)

No dynamic lighting or shadowing you just get blinded when you look at the sun lol. I was quite dissapointed, their original premise was that they were going to upgrade all the lighting in HL2 what you get is basically bloom (i know its better though) You showed the stained glass window bit (which is the best looking part of the game) yet real Volumetric light looks alot better and reacts better when you / and or objects run through are in the light.

Also In this screen you can see the improvements over the static lighting HL2 has

(1) there is the dynamic light on the roof that reacts and lights everything correctly
    (2) the muzzel flash actually lights up the environment unlike HL2
    (3) All shadows are dynamic not the best example but the shelf unit and boxes all are emmiting a real time shadow.
    (4)nothing to do with lighting but you can see some nice particles in the pic something which HL2 has very little off (the original Halo 1 had tons though lol)

EDIT: I OWN BOTH GAMES

Post Thanks / Like
    idk... i cant see the 2nd pic, but from the 1st one, it seems like HL2 did a better job.

I dont own F.E.A.R. but I have played the demo. I might get it if I can find it on sale any time soon.

thats funny how HL2 is already starting to get dated after only a year. i still think it is one of the best looking games ever, including the 360 games.

Freeman_JI
    Quote Originally Posted by IEatFriedPikmin
    idk... i cant see the 2nd pic, but from the 1st one, it seems like HL2 did a better job.

I dont own F.E.A.R. but I have played the demo. I might get it if I can find it on sale any time soon.

thats funny how HL2 is already starting to get dated after only a year. i still think it is one of the best looking games ever, including the 360 games.
    Oh that sux I guess they don't like people (like me) directly linking their Pics

I've owned Hl2 for awhile the GFX engine is just so stale (now the physics engine is a different story) at least woundingchaney agrees with me (the patch fixes those bugs BTW) Hl2 still looks ok it's just i've been spoilded with 3dMark 05 and F.E.A.R

Post Thanks / Like
    The lighting was unbelievable, and that helicoptor was easy to take down. Just hit it like you do for the rest of them in HL2, plus you had all those metal plates up for shielding.

Wii Console Number: 7383 8158 8331 6868
    Smash Brothers Brawl Friend Code: 3136-6260-1728
    Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 1891-2032-6761

Gamer Profile & Collection

I Suck At Gaming - A Refuge For Us NOT So Good Gamers
    Forums are Online! Sign up today, what are you waiting for!

Thread Information