Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Viewtiful Joe to the PS2?

Veteran Citizen Generic Wheaties's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Viewtiful Joe to the PS2?

A presentation with Capcom's Hideki Kamiya suggests that Viewtiful Joe may come to the PS2.

Capcom's very own Hideki Kamiya held a presentation at the Tokyo Game Show opposite the Nintendo area. In the presentation Hideki Kamiya confirmed some old news and tossed a few rumors into the fire as well. For the old news, as reported in the past, Hideki Kamiya confirmed that Dead Phoenix is in fact cancelled.

Second, and more surprising, Capcom is considering porting Viewtiful Joe to the PS2. Viewtiful Joe is a 2-D side-scroller that was first planned as a GameCube exclusive. The game has received great reviews in Japan, as well as recent reviews in the States. Hideki Kamiya stated that the game was intended to be played by many people, and he is dissatisfied with the sales so far and would like many more people to enjoy what they have made. However, Capcom sees technical issues in attempting to port the game to the PS2, which is the biggest concern.

Source: GameFeed

I really hope it dose come for the ps2, and I can almost gurantee you it will, because its sold out on the capcom website and its been getting a lot of good reviews.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
    However, Capcom sees technical issues in attempting to port the game to the PS2, which is the biggest concern.
    They might have to tone it down a bit though.
    Koopa Klan

Bowser, CJ, DLX, Goku2057, KamiKaZe, Kenshin, Link 182, RyanK, Speed Stick, Tommy, Suzuki Fanboy, [[Tavis]]

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Port it to the PS2 due to bad sales?

http://www.nintendonow.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12457

^^^^^^^^^^
    I think it will be just fine on the GC sales wise.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got Viewtiful Joe today and PS2 CANNOT handle it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't it say "Gamecube only" or something on it? That would be pretty gay if it went to PS2.

Freeman_JI
    They could port it to xbox without much effort

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeman_JI
    They could port it to xbox without much effort
    The xblox general audience would shun such a game. It's 'cartoony' style does not appeal to them. It's not fully polygonal. Mayn, not all, xblox owners would feel their manhood was being threatened if it were ported to the xblox.

I'm just playing, I'm sure it could be ported over without too many problems. Most of what I said was sarcasm but there is some truth in there.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

Post Thanks / Like
    PS2 could handle Viewtiful Joe.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    GameSpy: Sudo said that he picked the GameCube for Gotcha Force because it's a family-oriented console. Mikami seems to simply like Nintendo as a company, and its creativity. Why did you bring Viewtiful Joe to the GameCube?

Inaba:Actually, it's really a good system -- it's a good platform that can do everything that we wanted to do, everything we set out to do. It let the game run at a good framerate with good graphics, and it can put a lot of characters onscreen with all of the effects that we wanted. But even more so, we have done some marketing studies that suggest that the GC has a lot of action gamers on it and we thought that VJ would be good for that platform.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really agree with Viper. Most people got the X-box because Nintendo was "too kiddy," and they will view Joe as a kiddy game because of its visuals. Because of this, it wouldn't sell good. Period.

Le Cabalry: Dwhittenempire, goku2057, Milly, Zac, Alias, Colin™, Spatula, mysterio, Nathan, C.J., Resident Darkness

Post Thanks / Like
    gee every morning i wake up and see good news for the Cube i have to pinch myself

but i really can't believe how well the cube is doing recently...first Soul Calibur 2 is selling like bloody hotcakes (Here in Aus its the 6th best selling game this week - up from 9th last week) and with Viewtiful Joe and F-Zero to come...*drools*

i just hope they do as well here as they are doing elsewhere....i still can't believe VJ has sold out in some places...

To sign or not to sign? That is the question isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    If GC could handle it Ps2 could.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do I not see the PS2 handling MP? Or RE, RS: RL? You make it sound like the PS2 can do any GC game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please don't use abreviations, I don't know wha t you just said

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil, and Rouge Squadron: Rougue Leader.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why can't it? The way I seriously can't see a graphic difference, and performance. And look at those little discs, seriously how is it that those little discs can hold more than the regular size. (j/w, not dissing the cube)

Post Thanks / Like
    The little discs don't hold more, and PS2 has crappier hardware.

Spoon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Panther
    The little discs don't hold more, and PS2 has crappier hardware.
    exactly, but crappier means older, thus it cant replicate graphics/loading of other hardware. (dosent mean it can't have good games, cause it does have good games.)
    May Peace Be With You

Freeman_JI
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper
    The xblox general audience would shun such a game. It's 'cartoony' style does not appeal to them. It's not fully polygonal. Mayn, not all, xblox owners would feel their manhood was being threatened if it were ported to the xblox.

I'm just playing, I'm sure it could be ported over without too many problems. Most of what I said was sarcasm but there is some truth in there.
    No problem, no need to be apologetic.

I'm not sure if the xbox public would diss it we'll see when Rare's Game hits how our demographic handles it.

And one more thing NO the PS2's "theoretical version" of Viewtiful Joe would sux UNLESS Capcon spends alot of money time re-developing the game for PS2 (which could happen) I hate the PS2 so i hope it stays on Cube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
    Why can't it? The way I seriously can't see a graphic difference, and performance. And look at those little discs, seriously how is it that those little discs can hold more than the regular size. (j/w, not dissing the cube)

err... 95% of games dont come anywhere close to using all the space on a GCN, ps2 or xbox game..

anyway, it's doubtful a xbox could handle metroid prime (well, at least w/o massive load times which would make the game completely non-fun)... the ps2 certainly couldnt. Graphics would be the least problem getting it over.

Thread Information