Thread: Splinter Cell movies...on the PS2!

Post Thanks / Like

Splinter Cell movies...on the PS2!

Head over to GameSpot and if you have GS Complete you can see the movies of Splinter Cell on PS2.

I have Complete and I watched the movies. The game looks beautiful! Looks just like the xbox version's and it retains all of the wonderful lighting effects.

CAN'T WAIT TIL THIS GET'S RELEASED ON MARCH 18, 2003!

Post Thanks / Like
    Im A Huge Metal Gear Solid Fan, and Ive made myself a promise to get this game for My Gamecube(I Prefer the Gamecube controller over the PS2 controller when it comes to third person Perspective games) Cant Wait..

Also the Game looks just as good as the XBox Version..The Xbox may be the most powerfull machine but its not by much people..

Post Thanks / Like
    once again, that looks terrible.
    Thats what I'm talkin' about!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Galcian
    once again, that looks terrible.

I Dont think so. at least not in my opinion.

I need my rape whistle. Michael Bluth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ahahahahahahahahaha that looks so horrible! They took out so much stuff. Suckers. Here's a compairison, thanks to someone from TXB (XBox ones taken by screen capture device from a user):

PS2:

XBox:

Notice: no burner and all the stuff missing in the back

PS2:

XBox:

Notice: The extra window where you can see other characters in a different rooms, all of the extra objects, etc.

PS2:

XBox:

Notice: All the knives and food. Kept the same lighting? I don't think so.

PS2:

XBox:

Notice: How the curtains actually look like material, and not cement.

Microsoft still fucked up, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I Can live without those little details, other than that the game looks the same to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Although the Gamecube Version should almost be as good as the Xbox Game, and better than the PS2 game, Which is why im getting it for my Cube(Other than the controller thing i stated before). I Reckon the game might take up 2 mini-Discs tho.

Also The Screen captured Xbox screens are much darker thus making it seem like theres better lighting in the Xbox Version in that kitchen Pic..I Wouldnt be surprised if they didnt look that diffrent from eachother when the game is actually released.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was watching the movies, I thought it was on Xbox actually. Besides, you can always downgrade screenshots with Photoshop, guess we'll wait and see when the game actually comes out.

It will be exactly the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Virtual
    When I was watching the movies, I thought it was on Xbox actually. Besides, you can always downgrade screenshots with Photoshop, guess we'll wait and see when the game actually comes out.
    The above is where I thought you had some credibility, or atleast some insanity. Then I get to this:

It will be exactly the same.
    You are seriously one fanboy in uber-denial. Ontop of that, why would any company purposely DOWNGRADE screen shots? Do you know how incredibly retarded that sounds? "Yeah, uh, we wanted to make people think our game looked better when it came out, so we made our screen shots look like crap". That makes a hell of a lot of sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea virtual, I bet you haven't played the xbox version so you have no room to talk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is someone a fanboy just because they predict the game will be the same?? Youre messed up man real messed up. I Do think the Xbox version is and always will be the better graphical version, but i personally thin when both games are released the diffrence wont be monumental. Excuse me if i dont think the Lack of food on the counter in the PS2 Version of the game will have any effect on the games fun factor at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    obviously you have never seen this kids comments on the xbox vs. ps2, or xbox vs. anything for that matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if hes acted like a fanboy in the past then i hereby take back that gesture.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about adding-in the fact that the XBox version will have about 7 or so more levels than the PS2 version? That seems like quite the valid argument.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whoever told you that is completely Stupid, The PS2 and GCN versions will feature "an extra level"..So Im Not sure where you got that info, but id like to see a link.

Post Thanks / Like
    the ps2 version looks like shit compared to the x box
    R.I.P.-Victoria N.Shell-1986-2003
    "...it isn't really a matter of the lack of inner anal sex jokes that irks us now."
    - some gay homosexual fag

"Zac's on the mound, Tim is pitching"
    -Crow
    [/center]

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DarkLink-xXx
    Whoever told you that is completely Stupid, The PS2 and GCN versions will feature "an extra level"..So Im Not sure where you got that info, but id like to see a link.
    hahahahahahaha. Hello, the XBox version will be getting the "extra" level included in the PS2 and GCN version the same time or possibly before VIA XBox Live, along with the rest of the levels being available on XBox Live and through the Official XBox Magazine.

ut oh spaggtie Os! Suzuki_Fanboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL those PS2 pics literally look like shit compared to the XBox ones. Honestly...they do. This game has amazing graphics (on XBox) and the PS2 can't rival those graphics. The GCN might be able to, though. Geez...look at how bumpy the stuff in the PS2 ones are, and the surfaces are so plain...the lighting is like every other game (it's supposed to be dark, dipshits. That's the point of the game)...ah...ports. So awesome
    I AM IGNORANT BECAUSE I LIKE BASKETBALL

Thread Information