Thread: Capcom turns to the the silver screen

total destruction
    Post Thanks / Like

Capcom turns to the the silver screen

Japanese publisher Capcom has announced that it is planning to forge ever closer ties with the movie business, with pre-production already underway on cinematic conversions of several of its key titles following the success of the Resident Evil movie.

Devil May Cry is the latest game franchise to be confirmed to be heading to the silver screen, and it joins properties including Onimusha, which is to come out as alive action movie in 2006, and Megaman (or rather, Rockman, to give it its Japanese title), which will spawn an animated feature shortly, having already been developed into an enormously successful anime TV show.

On the flipside, the company is also planning to engage with movie producers who are seeking original games based on their properties, with the firm hoping to create titles which continue the universes of popular films rather than simply creating licensed tie-ins.

A good example is Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge, which Capcom launched in Japan to a decent commercial response a couple of weeks ago, and which will arrive in the west in the near future.

Source
    First of all, I don't if I should be excited about this news or not seeing how Hollywood normall screws up on games they make into movies.

*cough*Street Fighter*cough*

Anyway, moving on.... The first time I saw Onimusha, I thought there was a movie already out for this game since the actor from the Professional was staring as one of the main characters in the game. This was a game I was looking foward to hitting the silver screen, although you probably would have mistooken the game footage for that anyway. Here's hoping all goes well -- at least for this film.

Penguin... Penguin... Penguin! imported_The_One's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol... I know what you mean by the first Street Fighter movie ... Weird idea they turned the MOVIE into a game... which was already based on a game, so it was a game, then a movie, then the movie into a game... Wow, confusing.

Let's hope the DMC movie goes well, oh yeah, same with Onimusha .
    "Please understand that in cases where the OS itself is acting in an unstable fashion, this software could behave in unpredictable ways. Unfortunately, this happens to be the case at all times with Microsoft OS's." - Japanese PC game disclaimers!

Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information