Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally, someone who agrees...

Post Thanks / Like

Finally, someone who agrees...

I been saying for the past couple of months that the N-Gage's future looks bright and there are some games well worth playing. For example, Ashpalt GT is shaping up a lot better on the N-Gage after it's letdown on the DS.
    -----------------------------------------
    The Verdict

The N-Gage wasn't perfect, and it launched onto a bit of a rocky road. But Nokia has come back in surprisingly strong form and is out to prove that it will revise content, system and goals to match the demands of the users. When I first previewed the N-Gage titles for IGN at E3 in 2003, I was amazed by the graphics and what was being thrown onscreen. But the games just didn't play that well on the system. It felt like novelty in capability.

The N-Gage QD and the evolution of the titles in regard to gameplay show a great deal of innovation and revision. Very rarely will you find a system manufacturer willing to stop on a dime and reconfigure everything because of user comments. Is the N-Gage QD the best handheld system out there? I wouldn't even wager a guess because the market has shifted so much now that there are no direct competitors anymore. The only competition is in the fact that gamers have limited amounts of green in their wallet.

As a phone-enabled gaming device though, I think the N-Gage QD has tremendous potential. Nokia has bounced back from a difficult launch and tackled the issues head-on, both in terms of system design and gameplay. Gamers have always been somewhat at the mercy of the companies they support, and Nokia seems very different in that respect now. The N-Gage is a system that won't replace your other handhelds and consoles. It's not a 'GBA-killer' but it's the most adaptive system currently on the market. And whereas a year ago, possibly even last May, I would have been hesitant to recommend the platform, I would say that my outlook has shifted to very optimistic at this point. If Nokia can deliver on their plans, the N-Gage should stand the test of time.

-ign.com
    http://ngage.ign.com/articles/548/548656p3.html

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well its good that they actually do something now.

Post Thanks / Like
    NGay? oopss well, lets see if they get lucky, only one game draws me, which is Pocket Kingdoms by Sega, looks good!
    Dont cry over my mortal body, but rejoice in the eternity of my soul and my dreams who will keep on living for as long as you shall remember me.

Post Thanks / Like
    they still actual make Ngages? .....why?

"George Bush simply said "Parents just have to be better parents." He should trying telling that to my clients in Paducah whose three daughters were gunned down by 14-year-old video gamer Michael Carneal, who trained on Doom to become a more efficient killer. What did they, as parents, Mr. President, do wrong? Was sending their kids to school their mistake?" - Jack Thompson

0|-| t3|-| n03s! I'm a blogger!

-= Official Flocke of D.I.C.K.S Sack Wrangler =-

Post Thanks / Like
    Because people like you have closed minds and they want you to see beyond Nintendo...

Post Thanks / Like
    . . .

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beyond Nintendo a system like Neo Geo Pocket Color, Wonderswan, Game.Com, soon to be PSP, Nomad, etc were good.

Before DS most of the games were bad to ok but even with the ok games it was never enough for me to actually buy one gaming-wise.

I'm not the human you thought I was. Teh Roxor!'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by X2_revolution
    Because people like you have closed minds and they want you to see beyond Nintendo...
    You can't assume that I don't want an N-gage because my mind is "closed." I don't want a N-gage because... well, it blows when compared to the PSP, DS, and even the GBA. (GBA not because of power or features, but game selection.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how many people who bash the N-Gage have actually played it, or even actually seen one. I have one, and I admit I regret buying it, mostly because of the price, but that doesn't mean I don't have fun with it. It's like buying a nice car for way too much money; you may regret paying so much for it, but that doesn't make the car useless.

Flying High With The Flocke Of D.I.C.K.'s
    1337 Sub-Commander Gollum

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the N-Gage has a good looking line-up this Christmas. If people would throw thier biased out the window they would see that.

I'm not the human you thought I was. Teh Roxor!'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think the lineup is good. I don't want to play any of those games, and I certainly wouldn't buy an N-gage so that I could play them. There's no bias involved.

I need my rape whistle. Michael Bluth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, seriously man, the N-Gage sucks. That screen was an absolutely terrible idea. The only game I'd ever play on a consistant basis would be Tony Hawk. Aside from that......... maybe Worms or something, but that line-up sucks ass. I'll stick with my GBA and wait for a PSP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the NGAGE have online games?

Post Thanks / Like
    The concept is a good one and I was intrigued by the idea, but the games simply do not play well on the N-Gage. The controls are archaic and are sloppy and so is the gameplay.
    "A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have your attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action." (Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross)

My stories, Coercion, and Avarice, and Conduit available for the Kindle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually forgot the N-Gage actually existed for a while. hahaha...
    Ephesians 6:12: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not being bias. From launch until now we basically had nothing. I could say the same to you about how you're just saying that because its not Nintendo.

Post Thanks / Like
    There was nothing on N-Gage till now? What about Pathway to Glory, Ghost Recon, Ashen, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Tomb Raider, Crash Nitro Cart, and Rayman? I admit the line-up has been weak but to say there has been nothing.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously you'll talk that way. A game like Tomb Raider is nothing. They frickin ported something that isn't worth going back to anymore. If they ported something like Starcraft where it is worth going back to that be something.

I need my rape whistle. Michael Bluth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by X2_revolution
    There was nothing on N-Gage till now? What about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Crash Nitro Cart?
    There we go.

Post Thanks / Like
    N-gage is very very ghey. i tried it, hated it, did multiplayer, hated it

Thread Information