Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Drumpf Administration

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well after less than a day of the White House denying the story, Trump confirmed that he did it.

Which of course will lead to this

Also this, which he has yet to follow up on, about a guy he just fired

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Bestey DeVos doesn't understand why people hate her.

1. States should have the flexibility to decide whether private schools that accept students with publicly funded vouchers can discriminate any students for any reason

Rep. Katherine M. Clark (D-Mass.) said that one private school in Indiana that is a voucher school says it may deny admission to students who are LGBT or who come from a family where there is “homosexual or bisexual activity.” She asked DeVos whether she would tell the state of Indiana that it could not discriminate in that way if it were to accept federal funding through a new school choice program. Clark further asked what DeVos would say if a voucher school were not accepting African American students and the state “said it was okay.”

To Clark’s question about whether she would step in, DeVos responded: “Well again, the Office of Civil Rights and our Title IX protections are broadly applicable across the board, but when it comes to parents making choices on behalf of their students …”

Clark interrupted and said, “This isn’t about parents making choices, this is about the use of federal dollars. Is there any situation? Would you say to Indiana, that school cannot discriminate against LGBT students if you want to receive federal dollars? Or would you say the state has the flexibility?”

DeVos said: “I believe states should continue to have flexibility in putting together programs …”

Clark interrupted, saying: “So if I understand your testimony — I want to make sure I get this right. There is no situation of discrimination or exclusion that if a state approved it for its voucher program that you would step in and say that’s not how we are going to use our federal dollars?”

DeVos said she didn’t want to answer a hypothetical question. Clark said it wasn’t hypothetical, and asked if she saw any circumstance that the federal government would tell a state that it could not allow a private voucher school to discriminate against students.

At that point time expired, but DeVos was allowed to respond.

DeVos: “I go back to the bottom line — is we believe parents are the best equipped to make choices for their children’s schooling and education decisions, and too many children are trapped in schools that don’t work for them. We have to do something different. We have to do something different than continuing a top-down, one-size-fits-all approach. And that is the focus. And states and local communities are best equipped to make these decisions.”

Clark: “I am shocked that you cannot come up with one example of discrimination that you would stand up for students.”

The chairman of the subcommittee said she wasn’t required to answer. She didn’t and the discussion moved on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reasoning for not being apart of the Paris Accords of the 3 countries not apart of the accords

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good that he's pulling out of the Paris agreement. I mean, the whole world is uniting against his policies and more may be made about climate change than otherwise.

France taunts US by editing White House video on climate deal

I'm liking this new French president already.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Qatar is behind all the funding and not the one your celebrating. Dense motherfucker here.

Shithawk
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't believe people keep ranting about this bullshit and ignore more important general chat forum!
    "You boys have loaded up a hair-trigger, double barrelled shitmachinegun, and the barrel's pointing right at your own heads".

Post Thanks / Like
    So, today alone Trump's Press Secretary launched into a profanity-laced tirade against the White House Chief of Staff and the White House Chief Strategist. Trump continues to try to bully Attorney General Jeff Sessions into quitting, still talks about potentially firing him, and now even Republican Senators like Lindsey Graham are saying there will be "hell to pay" and it will be the "beginning of the end" of Trump's presidency if Sessions gets fired.

The knives are coming out. The white house is shredding itself to pieces. Grab the popcorn.

Post Thanks / Like
    The uniform of racism

also the beating happened in a police parking garage next to the police department, yet no police around.
    https://www.google.com/maps/@38.0304...=en&authuser=0

Post Thanks / Like
    Trump is a Nazi/KKK sympathizer, there is no backing away or spinning this.
    Mr. Trump repeated that assertion on Tuesday, criticizing “alt-left” groups that he claimed were “very, very violent” when they sought to confront the nationalist and Nazi groups that had gathered in Charlottesville, Virginia to protest the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee from a park. He said there is “blame on both sides.”

“Many of those people were there to protest the taking down of the statue of Robert E. Lee,” Mr. Trump said. “This week, it is Robert E. Lee and this week, Stonewall Jackson. Is it George Washington next? You have to ask yourself, where does it stop?”

Mr. Trump defended those gathered in the park to protest the statue’s removal, saying, “I’ve condemned neo-Nazis. I’ve condemned many different groups. Not all of those people were neo-Nazis, believe me. Not all of those people were white supremacists by any stretch.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Post Thanks / Like
    Drumpf might be looking at a war on North Korea soon.

Shithawk
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I mean, dictatorship in NK is a good thing. Don't wanna fix that.
    "You boys have loaded up a hair-trigger, double barrelled shitmachinegun, and the barrel's pointing right at your own heads".

Droppin' The Verse Now Viper the Snake Spatula's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't wait until Mitch McConnell dies so I can shit on his dumb grave
    Please let me die alone

[22:54] XboxEvolved360: Im just saying Im hungry
    [22:54] XboxEvolved360: and because of that hunger
    [22:55] XboxEvolved360: I think I have a better chance of doing it
    [22:55] XboxEvolved360: if you make realistic goals then you are just another person
    [22:55] XboxEvolved360: if you make crazy goals
    [22:55] XboxEvolved360: and you dont make them
    [22:55] XboxEvolved360: oh well

Thread Information