Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: H-Hour World's Elite ( PS4 Kickstarter project ) SOCOM spiritual successor

Post Thanks / Like

H-Hour World's Elite ( PS4 Kickstarter project ) SOCOM spiritual successor

Did you miss SOCOM PS2 games and gameplay ?
    Are you a SOCOM-er ?
    If you have been playing The Last Of Us multiplayer,
    maybe some of you got a SOCOM feeling or vibe while playing it.

The creative director of the original SOCOM games wants to bring you the spiritual successor to those breakout PlayStation 2 shooters.

Here's your chance to maybe contribute to one magnificient and ambitious project for all the SOCOM fans all around the world. One of the creator of SOCOM has started a Kickstarter project to revive a SOCOM-like game which could defiitely be a spiritual sequel to true SOCOM series. ( I and II )
    On the paper the project looks really nice. The game is mainly targeted to the fans who played SOCOM I and SOCOM II.

Socom: H-Hour World's Elite KICKSTARTER PAGE
    SOFstudios Facebook page
    Little teaser

Update : SOCOM art director joined SOF studios and will be Level designing the game !
    I am really happy to announce that the art director of SOCOM, Russ Phillips, will be teaming up with me and the rest of SOF Studios to make H-Hour: World’s Elite. Russ is not only a phenomenal art director, he’s a level design force to reckon with. He was the creator and principle owner of some of the most memorable maps in SOCOM. Here are the SeaSniper maps to give you an idea which maps I’m talking about:
    PS : I kickstarted their project. Hope it ll see the light.

UPDATE :

Long summary of the promised features to return

Platform(s)

•PS4 & PC Confirmed
    •PC Demo to launch Dec 7th (based upon timeline in kickstarter- link to come).

Release / Important Date(s)

•Donate (basically a pre-order system) to the Kickstarter here: closes July 7th, 2013. http://www.kickstarter.com/project [...] ds-elite-0
    •Fully release January 2015, but i'm hoping they move it up to Nov 2014....
    •There will be a Developers vs Kickstarter Backers tournament at some point.
    •Mobile app March 2015 (tentative).
    •Single player is scheduled to launch 6mos post the multiplayer release of H-Hour. It is likely to be less than 20hrs of gameplay, DLC will add to the single player.
    •First H-Hour DLC will launch 3-4mos after the initial release.

Beta Timelines

•There will be a beta for PS4 & PC, not likely at the same time though.
    •July 2014 (closed beta- early kickstarter backers, etc.)
    •Beta registration will likely prioritize Kickstarter backers, but there will be plenty of room for a lot of beta testers through the various phases.
    •Beta updates are likely to happen in 1.5 week increments.
    •Participation (commenting on the kickstarter page) is a great way to get recognized for the H-Hour beta.

Technical

•7.1 Surround sound.
    •1080 on PC, maybe PS4 (not confirmed).

General

•H-hour will be very akin to SOCOM I & II: realistic, tactical, close quarters, but certainly fun (arcadey where necessary).
    •Game will ship as a multi-player experience only, at first. A campaign will follow down the road.
    •H-Hour will be round based.
    •H-Hour will only take 2-3 bullets to kill, keeping the game tactical and cover based.
    •H-Hour will be 3rd person, with a 1st person view ala SOCOM I & II (Zoom), the camera will be centered behind the back, like old SOCOMs.
    •There will be similar maps to some of our old SOCOM favs, but of course will different names and likeness to limit liability (ie, being sued).
    •Every map will be focused on a particular game mode, if it happens to support more than one game mode naturally, it will, otherwise there will be one map per game mode- ala SOCOMs of yore.
    •There will be 2 DLC packs per year (currently scheduled).
    •There is already an H-Hour 2 on the roadmap.
    •Personnel / Characters: Special Forces (globally) vs Terrorists (awesome!)
    •May have a training mode to play SF vs SF, but all other games will be SF vs Terrorists
    •Lean will return, ala SOCOM I & II, no sticky cover system.
    •Victory Dances of course will return, along with taunts and more...
    •After action reports with detailed stats / anayltics (largely built from the server backend and may be delivered as long as a day after game complete). Basic stats will be displayed at end-of-game screen.
    •No vehicles in MP.
    •All weapons will be available from the start of the game (no-unlocks).
    •Game modes will be 8v8.
    •Rounds will be alternating (for now, per Sears).
    •Map sizes will vary, ala SOCOM II.
    •There will be segmented lobbies (ala SOCOM II) whereby the top 1% can play together (Admirals) , the top 10% can play together (cookies & wings - commanders & captains), top 50% can play together (Lieutenant), then everyone else.
    Last edited by TEEDA; 06-24-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's so awesome PS4 games can have kickstarters! Woot.

The project sounds very cool. Will back.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't have internet when I had the PS2, so although I played the original SOCOM, I never went online with it. I hope I can catch up with this project.

Quote Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
    That's so awesome PS4 games can have kickstarters! Woot.
    Yes, I am very surprised. I wonder if that has anything to do with the new PS4 publishing policies? I'd like Sony to go into detail about 'self publishing'. I am EXTREMELY excited for the notion of F2P games on consoles not just because of free games from the end user's point of view, but also because it shows that consoles are finally opening up and growing/expanding in terms of policies and lowering restrictions.
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Will buy if it gets a release. I never got the full SOCOM experience at the PS2 time, and I still want it, so definitely there if it makes it to PSN or whatever.
    "THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES." - Snatcher
    Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube
    Five Things We Won't See in the Final Fantasy VII Remake
    Best Controller to KB/M Program: http://joytokey.net/en/download (ask me if you need help)
    PSN ID: Londonstani // PS4 Screenshots
    Steam ID: curryking3 // Steam Screenshots & Flickr Screenshots

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by curryking1 View Post
    Will buy if it gets a release. I never got the full SOCOM experience at the PS2 time, and I still want it, so definitely there if it makes it to PSN or whatever.
    SOCOM had a really amazing community. Also the gameplay was pretty unique when it came out. It also was defined as more refined that Counter Strike.
    You can definitely see the gameplay differential to other games in some vids on youtube. You could have tournament games lasting hours and hours because both teams were really playing strategically with tons of draws. I remember having a game which lasted mostly 2 hours had have such a good time with fair play teams on both sizes.
    Unfortunately after SOCOM II, SOCOM III aimed at a bigger slaced with tons of vehicules and things, but with innapropriate maps which where to big for the gameplay...ANd when there was only 1 players on both teams... Was just insanely unplayable ans the wait was too much.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is amazing, with developers allowed to publish on their own on PS4... Sony has definitely opened up to a whole new world of possibilities...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pari View Post
    This is amazing, with developers allowed to publish on their own on PS4... Sony has definitely opened up to a whole new world of possibilities...
    Well now the problem is that they need at least 2 million $ to make full PS4 development ^^ .
    But when you see pledges like that game which is a classic board social game

Zombicide: Season 2
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...icide-season-2
    8,944 Backers
    $2,255,018 pledged of $25,000 goal

you never know....

Post Thanks / Like
    IN MY FUCKING VEINS!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111
    http://e-mpire.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19726&dateline=129306  9612

Post Thanks / Like
    My hope is that this game will do well, Sony will realize they have a chance to breathe life back into one of their IPs, and they bring the team on board first party to begin work on a proper SOCOM reboot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update : Long summary of the promised features added to original post.
    pledge is now 96 000 $ of 200 000 $ with 13 days left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Half way to go in 12 days.

P.S. General question: what is the policy for extra money that exceeds the goal? I know if it isn't a lot more, they just throw it into the game/project. But what if it was really a lot? Can the project owner do whatever or what?
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    Half way to go in 12 days.

P.S. General question: what is the policy for extra money that exceeds the goal? I know if it isn't a lot more, they just throw it into the game/project. But what if it was really a lot? Can the project owner do whatever or what?
    I believe it has to go to the project (though misuse might be hard to prove if you are kickstarter), though what they do with it is up to them. Generally, for games anyway, is once they reach their goal they start adding new goals and tell everyone what they plan to add if they reach them.

Edit: I've looked through their website and can't find a definite answer anywhere. I may need to try to start a project to get an answer but I don't feel like going through that.
    Last edited by venomv; 06-25-2013 at 12:02 PM.
    PSN:venomlvjr

Post Thanks / Like
    I am asking because I am baffled by the example Teeda posted (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...icide-season-2): The goal is 25k, they raised 2.2 million!

Edit:
    Found this:
    What happens when a project is overfunded?
    When a project is overfunded backers sometimes wonder: what happens with all that “extra” money? If a creator has a funding goal of $5,000 and raises $25,000, what do they do with the $20,000 they didn’t ask for?

What the creator does in that case varies greatly depending on the project.

Most of the time what seems like “extra” money isn’t extra at all. Ten times the funding often means ten times the backers. More rewards have to be produced and distributed, and creators need that funding to do it (and sometimes some of their own money too).

Sometimes when a project is overfunded it lets the creator put that money back into the project to create something better for the backers and themselves. More songs on an album, additional game elements, better materials, etc.

In other cases, overfunding leads to better margins and the creator may even profit from the project. This often also means that the creator can continue the project beyond Kickstarter and backers are part of that story.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/backer+questions
    Seems like they can do whatever they want with it, really. Cool.

Sorry for the slight derail, Teeda. I get caught up in the technical side sometimes.
    Last edited by Z; 06-25-2013 at 01:14 PM.
    - Steven Weinberg

- Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Even if it only comes out to PC, I'll get it.
    SOCOM II was one of the best gaming experiences in my life (until it started to lag and cheaters popped up everywhere).
    They could re-release SOCOM II, make it 1080p @60, iron out some glitches and I'd pay full price for it.
    http://e-mpire.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19726&dateline=129306  9612

Post Thanks / Like
    I am asking because I am baffled by the example Teeda posted (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ide-season-2): The goal is 25k, they raised 2.2 million!
    That link didn't work but I found it. That is a ton of money for a board game, if they though they could do it with 25K I'm not sure what they would do with all that (Better board and card art is obvious if putting money into that would help in their case), though they do have expansions for it already in the works, they can always make more of those.
    PSN:venomlvjr

Post Thanks / Like
    I am asking because I am baffled by the example Teeda posted (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...icide-season-2): The goal is 25k, they raised 2.2 million!

Edit:
    Found this:

Seems like they can do whatever they want with it, really. Cool.

Sorry for the slight derail, Teeda. I get caught up in the technical side sometimes.
    It's okay no worries

Well the 200 000 $ are for the PC version and obvisouly the PC Alpha or beta to be distributed to each backers.
    The PS4 goal requires 2 000 000 $ for proper development =/ if If I haven't misunderstood.
    Like GTAce I ll get it on PC though I have to really invest into a new one. That game could really be the motivation to get a new one.

I really hope they ll have the required ressources to add more on the game. I really loved Zipper team back with SOCOM I and II. You could feel all the work they put together in that game.Even if it was not perfect but flawed. This team has such an ambitious project. It could be the Operation Flashpoint/ARMA III equivalent of thirs person shooterbut on a smaller scale. ( not open world ).

by the way new update :

terrorist model WIP revealed

We wanted to share a few more character images from H-Hour with you. Please bear in mind that these are works in progress and there will be many days of polish and tweaking as we continue to work with the characters in the game.
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...0/posts/519224

Post Thanks / Like
    generic skinhead, give him an iPod and we're good to go. :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I thought this was a small indie-like project. I was expecting something looking like the old Counter Strike games or something (modest graphics, a lot of limitations). This project just went way up on my watch list.
    - Steven Weinberg

- Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally, goal has been achieved.

$201,714 pledged of $200,000

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEDA View Post
    Finally, goal has been achieved.
    Yes! The ball is in your court now, SOF. Go nuts.
    - Steven Weinberg

- Lenny Bruce

Thread Information