Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Call Of Duty: Black Ops II

Your Amicable Overlord D3adcell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masteratt
    Quote Originally Posted by masteratt
    Oh you know the bit in trailer SMG turned into a pistol it looked like. You know what would be nice? If we lose the secondary weapon slot and the primary weapon has a '2nd weapon' builtin. And when you press triangle (or Y), it switches to it in a transformer style
    This could also help with balance, "oh you want a super awesome rifle? well your secondary is going to be a slow shooting heavy recoil pistol".
    Pistol/SMG already exist, model 18 etc. Just looked like that was maybe a way to reload or just extending the shoulder rest. Would just be changing the fire mode from single shot to semi or fully auto though to go from pistol to smg.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D3adcell View Post
    Would just be changing the fire mode from single shot to semi or fully auto though to go from pistol to smg.

Yeah but this looks cooler

And if changing the fire rate was enough, we wouldn't have SMGs and Rifles to begin with. Imagine transforming AK47 into a Uzi for example.

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KRA View Post
    horses, robots...
    why not robot horses ?
    Maybe!

Those APCs looked very much like the ones in MGS4 btw. Which is cool...Just that makes this game have more in common with the MGS franchise than MG: Rising *zing*

Post Thanks / Like
    • The villain will be a man named Raul Martinez, who in 2025 is pitting the Chinese and US governments against each other by hacking into their drones and other robotic weapons.

• The story is was written from the ground up by Dark Knight and Batman Begins co-writer David Goyer. Goyer joined the first Black Ops part of the way through. He wanted to "create a memorable villain" with Martinez.

• Vehicle segments will be back, including one piloting a futuristic VTOL airship. Part of the VTOL mission was mostly on-rails, but the second part involved free-flying and dogfighting with drones.

• The Black Ops II story will be branching—it will feature choices and variable outcomes. Wait, what? Yep.

44 More Things at Kotaku

More info on 'Strike Force'

Very nice stuff.
    Last edited by masteratt; 05-02-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hm... someone else get a "Guns of the Patriots" vibe from the story of the trailer? Or rather more than just MGS4, but 1, 2 and 4?

"I just design it and nobody asks what happens when the enemy gets the key"? That's quite similar^^

Doesn't look too bad, but I've grown too bored by the COD SP (don't really care for MP, at least for more than 5 hrs), as the format is ALWAYS the same... sadly, because I like the setup pretty much.
    Kept you waiting

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Segitz View Post
    Hm... someone else get a "Guns of the Patriots" vibe from the story of the trailer? Or rather more than just MGS4, but 1, 2 and 4?

"I just design it and nobody asks what happens when the enemy gets the key"? That's quite similar^^

Doesn't look too bad, but I've grown too bored by the COD SP (don't really care for MP, at least for more than 5 hrs), as the format is ALWAYS the same... sadly, because I like the setup pretty much.
    same boat...I usually end up buying every COD when it drops in price, but can't seem to stay with it for more than a few hours. I think the war theme in general has just been done to death in a realistic setting. I'm tired of seeing soldiers, which maybe the reason I was able to finish Resistance SP, set-pieces weren't as good as COD (and of course not the mp) but the story kept me hooked to the end. COD games usually have excellent writing too, but I don't get the fascination with telling friggin war stories . So many books/movies/games about it that it's just all around dry material to me unless done in a completely fictional and interesting setting like "hunger games" for example.

Still horses are cool'-)

I'm not sure I can really get down with a COD until next gen where 60fps fraggin looks Amazing again...
    Last edited by OmniStalgic; 05-02-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Considering how UGLY!!!! Treyarch's games are on PS3 and the fact that they dont even remotely get even close to 60FPS on PS3 i sincerely hope there is a Vita version because i have no doubt it will probably run and look a lot better than the PS3 version. These guys cant code for shit on PS3. Maybe Vita will be easier for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    True, one thing IW has over Treyarch is the tech. Not saying IW's tech is amazing, but both consoles run more equal with IW games.

First CoD where I have Xbox, gonna be awesome playing with brother. We kicked ass even on split-screen on Blops (hard as shit to see), so teaming up on full screen is going to be a blast.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's easier to program on Vita, sure, but it's also a LOT less powerful... so expecting anything even remotely PS3ish (quality wise, not quantity) is a bit... much I guess. Most direct conversions (most notably MK9 and Wipeout) run or look notably worse than their PS3 brothers (MK9 is severely cut down in terms of geometry and Wipeout only barely reaches 30Hz and probably also has less complicated meshs, too... but it's a launch game, so some leeway is allowed).

Well... the CODcast by Giantbomb was quite interesting... seems like they really tried to revamp the single player, even with branching choices and stuff... might give it a try... at least rent it for PS3.
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah you and Omni posted the "same old" stuff right after the article I linked. Which gives 48 very interesting facts about Blops2. The bit about choice was in that article

You guys are right on IW's side. "Same old" indeed, I couldn't take MW3 after two weeks. But Treyarch's games always feel fresh, they know what they are doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    In..teres...ting?......:/

Whatever just keep Treyarch on, don't care who makes the other one. Can't do worse than what IW managed with MW3 anyway tbh. Soon as Treyarch ones start going to shit, that's when CoD will start to die.

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going from rumors it seems they were working on a Sci-fi shooter, maybe just branded it.

Your Amicable Overlord D3adcell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
    In..teres...ting?......:/

Whatever just keep Treyarch on, don't care who makes the other one. Can't do worse than what IW managed with MW3 anyway tbh. Soon as Treyarch ones start going to shit, that's when CoD will start to die.
    You don't have much faith in Activision. Just give them a chance with Neversoft, they will have you using a fucking claymore accessory that doesn't work half the time and sell it at 90$.

Post Thanks / Like

It appears my assumption was correct. The game has original sci-fi weapons instead of weapons that actually exist in reality.

And there also appears to be some multi-team deathmatch.
    Last edited by Crazybone126; 08-07-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me likey Getting on 360 this time around (to play with brother mainly) so if anyone is a CoD addict like me, add me on 360. GT: masteratt

Glad dolphin dive is back .

As are puppies "Our hounds will tear them to shreds!"

Body physics on dead bodies seem to kick in sooner as well, almost immediately as they are killed.

Planting shields is smart.

Really can't comment on more, it's all about the 'flow' of MP for me and that you don't get a full taste of until you play it for a few hours yourself.

Very pleased with what I saw there though. Treyarch are smart devs.
    Last edited by masteratt; 08-07-2012 at 10:01 PM.

*madhouse's offical creepy old guy* Smokey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    TBH it doesnt look too futuristic so not too bad
    my PSN name is smokey777
    Originally posted julps31
    The truth. MGS has aged gracefully. MGS1 = MILF

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember, it's only taking place in 2025, that's pretty much just 12 years away. Not much is gonna change in that time frame. Crazy thought, but for us we can look at pictures/film and know that it was taken a century or so ago, but in the future because everything's going to be digital and digital quality doesn't degrade, it's going to be nearly unidentifiable to know when a picture or video was taken in 2012 or 2112. Ladies and gentleman, we are nearing the peak in technological advancement.

*madhouse's offical creepy old guy* Smokey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazybone126 View Post
    Ladies and gentleman, we are nearing the peak in technological advancement.
    this i agree with
    my PSN name is smokey777
    Originally posted julps31
    The truth. MGS has aged gracefully. MGS1 = MILF

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol, no. People said that in industrial ages too. Don't be so small minded We'll literally never stop advancing (technologically).

Thread Information