Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rayman: Legends - XB1/PS4 versions also out

Post Thanks / Like

Rayman: Legends - XB1/PS4 versions also out

if ubisoft put down this leaked trailer
    you can download it here

some wiiU exclusive features in the trailer.
    Last edited by KRA; 04-27-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger
    I'm so bored with the conversations on this forum. They're so shallow and unrewarding.

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome no matter which console you play it on.

The Wii U NFC exclusive stuff seems like it could get interesting though.

I wonder if that is the first official actual Wii U gameplay video?
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    the wiiU exclusive stuff doesn't look that hot
    the asymetric multiplayer
    well they only show that one person with wiiu controler was moving platforms up and down
    and if that's all it is not interesting at all
    and the NFC skylanders stuff looks kind of gimmicky too.
    sure they could do better.
    I'm so bored with the conversations on this forum. They're so shallow and unrewarding.

Post Thanks / Like
    ubisoft keep deleting trailer from youtube
    but it is still avabile here

Quote Originally Posted by Ubisoft
    An internal video showing images of Rayman Origins' sequel has leaked over the Internet. This video was intended as a purely internal demonstrative video, and in NO way represents the final game, the final console or their features. This video was destined for internal production teams who often create game prototypes with work in progress development kits. Ubisoft confirms the development of Rayman Legends handled by Michel Ancel and his team in Montpellier.
    Last edited by KRA; 04-27-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eurogamer.Wii U-exclusive Rayman Legends to go multiplatform
    Delayed to September for simultaneous PS3, Wii U and Xbox 360 launch.
    By Tom Phillips Published Thursday, 7 February 2013

Rayman Legends is no longer a Wii U exclusive, publisher Ubisoft has announced.

The cel-shaded Rayman Origins sequel will now also be released on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

All versions of the game will be released simultaneously in September, marking a significant delay for the Wii U incarnation.

The game was originally intended to be a Wii U launch title, and a demo version was made available at the end of last year. A new release date was then set for 26th February, just weeks away.

"We heard from many Xbox and Playstation owners and Rayman fans who told us they really wanted to play Rayman Legends on their current system," explained Ubisoft's European marketing exec Geoffroy Sardin.

"We decided to give the fans what they wanted while at the same time broadening the audience exposed to this innovative and memorable game."

It marks the second loss of a Wii U exclusive in as many days. Yesterday it was revealed that the Wii U version of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge would also be released for PS3 and Xbox 360 - and with extra content.

that's a great news
    my girlfriend
    will be so happy
    although september seems so far away...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Looks awesome no matter which console you play it on.
    I prophesied that one.

Sucks big time that the Wii U version is delayed 7 months for no reason though.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

Post Thanks / Like
    The game is finished?

That just makes it about 100x worse for WiiU owners. That's a bitch move if true.
    "THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES." - Snatcher
    Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube
    Five Things We Won't See in the Final Fantasy VII Remake
    Best Controller to KB/M Program: http://joytokey.net/en/download (ask me if you need help)
    PSN ID: Londonstani // PS4 Gameplay & Screenshots
    Steam ID: curryking3 // PC Screenshots & 4K & QHD Screenshots

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by curryking1 View Post
    The game is finished?

That just makes it about 100x worse for WiiU owners. That's a bitch move if true.
    Yeah, it's finished. It had practically gone gold and the master was to be sent out for disc pressing this week.

Ubisoft Montpellier is pissed.

"I completely understand you but you have to understand one thing. This is not a decision taken by the development team, this comes from really really high up, so please don't pick on the game.

If you're pissed, imagine how we feel. Think on the situation, we've been making overtime with this game practically since May preparing E3, and then almost a demo per month (gamescon, Wii U presentation, shops, eShop, etc...) and at the same time trying to actually finish the game. We had a first delay because it was obvious we couldn't finish on time but we gave it all to be there on February. What face do you think we had when the week we had to close the game we're being told it's not going to be released? I couldn't believe it.

For practical matters, you'll have to wait for some months for the game to be released and will most likely serve for more content to be added and do it better. For us, this means we've spent 6 months barely seeing our wifes, kids, and friends for nothing because, after all, such a haste wasn't needed. Believe it, it was a hell to swallow these news.

Even then I'm firm in what I said back in the day, Rayman Legends is an excellent game and will still be, and the team that's making it doesn't deserve to have your back turned on them just because some men in ties one day took a wrong choice. This industry is really that shitty."
    - Xavier Poix

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I just read this too:
    Rayman Legends coming to Xbox 360 and PS3 is good news, but Ubisoft didn't get the praise it hoped for when it revealed a multiplatform release was coming at the expense of the Wii U's release date. Gamers were livid over the new September date, and many called for a boycott.

The trouble with boycotts is, however, they rarely ever punish the publisher. The developer, who has no say over when the game releases, is the one for the chopping block should Legends fail, while Ubisoft writes off the series and entrenches itself further in content guaranteed to sell. It's often hard to remember the studios when we go after the companies they're beholden to.

One anonymous Rayman Legends developer hoped to bring that perspective to the discussion, and took to a Spanish message board to vent frustration over Ubisoft's decision and remind us it wasn't the studio's idea. The post was translated by NeoGAF for the English-speaking world. If you think you're mad, he says, imagine how those who worked on it feel.

"I completely understand you but you have to understand one thing," the mystery developer said. "This is not a decision taken by the development team, this comes from really really high up, so please don't pick on the game.

Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/anonymous...HsGXK2grFD0.99
    Completely bitch move, WiiU owners should get to play it first. Their system is out, let them play.
    "THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES." - Snatcher
    Best Controller to KB/M Program: http://joytokey.net/en/download (ask me if you need help)

Post Thanks / Like
    Duplicate post.
    Last edited by curryking1; 02-08-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this probably has to do with MS's stringent policy and to a lesser extent Sony's. As i understand it the only way you can get your content on Xbox is if it is released the same day as on its competitors consoles. In the case of Sony you can release it later but only if it has additional content. I am guessing this might have something to do with it. Although you would think Ubi is a big enough publisher to get a pass on this. Alternatively Ubi might be thinking Wii U doesn't have a bright future so decided not to scatter the launch.

Still i sympathize with Wii U owners just like i did with PS3/360 owners losing out on Bayonetta 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC!D View Post
    I think this probably has to do with MS's stringent policy and to a lesser extent Sony's. As i understand it the only way you can get your content on Xbox is if it is released the same day as on its competitors consoles. In the case of Sony you can release it later but only if it has additional content. I am guessing this might have something to do with it. Although you would think Ubi is a big enough publisher to get a pass on this. Alternatively Ubi might be thinking Wii U doesn't have a bright future so decided not to scatter the launch.

Still i sympathize with Wii U owners just like i did with PS3/360 owners losing out on Bayonetta 2.
    I just found out about this MS policy and from what I'm hearing, this is the reason why.

"Titles for Xbox 360 must ship at least simultaneously with other video game platforms, and must have at least feature and content parity on-disc with the other video game platform versions in all regions where the title is available. If these conditions are not met, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released on Xbox 360."

Can't believe MS is actually able to get away with this but there you go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    I just found out about this MS policy and from what I'm hearing, this is the reason why.

"Titles for Xbox 360 must ship at least simultaneously with other video game platforms, and must have at least feature and content parity on-disc with the other video game platform versions in all regions where the title is available. If these conditions are not met, Microsoft reserves the right to not allow the content to be released on Xbox 360."

Can't believe MS is actually able to get away with this but there you go.
    Well i have been saying for years and years haven't i ?

This company lives to monopolize every business venture it competes in. This is the reason i always want them in last place. I don't hate them because i am a Sony fanboy. I hate them because i know exactly what they will do to the gaming industry if they get to the top. They are one giant bully that scoffed at the petty anti trust fines that were handed to them in the past.

I am sorry if i upset fanboys but MS and Apple are so anti consumer it's not even funny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Couldn't they just have said they want to release for say PS3 and WiiU first?

Then just release WiiU, then backpedal and say now they want an Xbox 360 one after the fact?

Ubi probably just went with the simplicity and didn't argue. Or the loopholes are tightly sealed on Xbox releases.

That's really lame anyway. Rayman looked like an awesome game to showcase WiiU. It has a lot of overlap with NSMB obviously, but still this whole Rayman excitement after it went with gorgeous 2D art was great and would've done well on the system....

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rayman dev team protesting the delay

Rayman creator and highly-respected game designer Michel Ancel has appeared alongside members of the Rayman Legends development team in a series of photos protesting the game's delay by company bosses.

Ancel and his team appeared holding a banner baring the words: "Sortez nous Rayman. Soutient a Ubi Montpellier."

"Release Rayman. Support Ubisoft Montpelier." (Thanks Eurogamer.fr for the translation).

Rayman's crying face is seen in the middle of the poster.

A speech bubble emanates from his mouth. It simply says "SVP" - "please".
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...rayman-legends

Post Thanks / Like
    You know it's a bad decision when the development team and series/character creator are protesting their own company.

Post Thanks / Like
    No that means it's a really, really, really, REALLY bad decision

Post Thanks / Like
    Now confirmed for Vita for August 29 with the other versions
    http://www.eurogamer.es/articles/201...l-29-de-agosto

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information