Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Sony Conference Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Sony E3 conference - June 4, 6 PM PST / 2 AM UK

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sony-...ference/094494

The briefing will take place on Monday June 4th at 18:00 PST (that’s 02:00 on the morning of Tuesday June 5th in the UK).
    A bit soon to start discussing it I guess, but there's a chance some new games will be shown this week, so we might as well discuss them here.

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, I was hoping it would be late to avoid my classes.

the other two on Monday:
    10:00 AM PDT - Microsoft
    3:00 PM PDT - Ubisoft

Wonder if Konami is gonna have a one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hoping for a big Vita blowout, hopefully a relaunch basically.

Put up or shut up for Agent, nice demo of that new Naughty Dog game for sure. God of War reveal. Even if it's only a Vita God of War. Team Ico pull your finger out.

2004 E3 all over again. PSPs and last PS3 games.

God knows I'm done buying 360 and Wii games, think PS3 has a couple more stunners in it before it shuffles off this mortal coil. Maybe 3 or 4.
    Last edited by BahnNZ; 04-17-2012 at 02:54 AM.

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Official Sony Conference Thread

Event: Sony E3 Press Conference

When: June 4th, 6:00pm PT/ 9:00pm ET/ 1:00 am GMT

Viewing Options: TBA

-----
    Last edited by Viper; 05-05-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I streamed it via GameTrailers last year. They streamed the whole All Access thing and it was in very nice HD quality (i.e: Not "internet HD"). I am hoping for a similar experience.

As for Sony: It's funny how I absolutely hated portable announcements now all I want is VITA VITA VITA.

Last Of Us GAMEPLAY.

And of course, surprises. Preferably ones that haven't been 'leaked' at a Soho restaurant by a loud mouth employee.

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm predicting the same thing as last year, Nintendo having the most exciting conference because of new hardware showcases, Sony following second with most games we know about, and a few surprises, but there ace could be Vita this year. And MS having one or two surprises, but really nothing but Kinect and strong 3rd party support.
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Some stuff

E3 is just around the corner, and we're already pumped for Sony's press conference.

Sony is enticing the entire world by announcing their plans for this year's major industry event. First and foremost, they say they will announce "the future of gameplay and innovation," which has gotten people talking.

Many like to assume this statement is in reference to the new PlayStation console, the PS4. Others just say they're talking about new software titles, which might make more sense at this particular moment in time. At any rate, Sony also says they'll show off over "20 new gaming experiences," which certainly implies some exclusive fireworks. You can probably expect a bunch of new game announcements for the Vita, as Sony continues to throw their weight behind the new portable.

Furthermore, if you plan on attending, Sony will have over 200 playable kiosks for you to test out upcoming software. For the past few years, many have agreed that Sony won the day at E3 (for a variety of reasons); might they wow everyone again...?
    http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/11127.html

Press Site:http://www.sceainvites.com/press.php

E3 site w/ countdown and live coverage for the whole week, Seems to be a preview before the show:http://us.playstation.com/e3-2012/

Post Thanks / Like
    And the Sony Hype Machine starts up....Hope we're not disappointed.

Edit: Viper, it's 6 PM PDT/9 PM EST. Not 3 PM EST.
    Last edited by Leedogg; 05-05-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    JESUS is LORD!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    perhaps it would be a good idea to provide any links to live streams in your first post when the show starts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble-Grunger View Post
    perhaps it would be a good idea to provide any links to live streams in your first post when the show starts
    That's the plan. It's why Viewing Options is in there.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Won't get hyped at all, last shows were too fucking boring.
    http://e-mpire.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19726&dateline=129306  9612

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    That's the plan. It's why Viewing Options is in there.
    cheers. i'm sure i'm going senile

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAce View Post
    Won't get hyped at all, last shows were too fucking boring.
    Overall, I do agree... they did have some high points, though... but never ANY real "WOW, that's fucking great" moments.
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet they'll keep God of War Ascension's single player for the big finale. I don't expect any surprises at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Segitz View Post
    Overall, I do agree... they did have some high points, though... but never ANY real "WOW, that's fucking great" moments.
    That's because too much gets leaked before the show. If they'd plug those leaks a little better, they'd have some great presentations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well this should be their good year because of how they've had the releases set up, where in the middle of the major low. 2011 being a big release year should mean them preparing games for 2013. Depending on who is getting ready for next-gen it could be a pretty good show.

We know about new games from Sucker Punch, Quantic Dreams, 2 games with Guerrilla one being Killzone 4. Media Molecule should be working on something new, Ready at Dawn is rumored to be working on a PS3 game. Polyphony is up in the air.

Santa Monica should be big enough to have 2 games going, that second game is likely a shooter though so not sure how people will react to that.

Big question marks remain for the main studios in Europe and Japan.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's because too much gets leaked before the show. If they'd plug those leaks a little better, they'd have some great presentations.
    i actually look forward to the three weeks prior to E3 more than E3 itself... and i reckon that's a pretty good strategy and not unintended leaks

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, it's not even that... the stuff that does get leaked (well, beside PS3 Slim and PSP Go) were "expected" stuff... For all I care, Agent was still the best announcement they made in the past years... and there was NO game to speak of, then... or even today.

It's... yeah, we get 1000 sequels and then there's Tom Ricitello with Tiger Woods and Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed... but they have to have more "Gabe Newell" and "Kevin Butler" moments (well... not really butler, but rather game makers). Sony NEEDS to understand that the E3 pressers are what start viral and public PR movements (i.e. word of mouth)... and with "RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACER" and "ALL REAL TIME" and "ONE TO ONE CONTROLS", you do NOT get that. You get ridiculed... and nothing else.
    Kept you waiting

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even Kevin Butler will get stale though...Phil Harrison was the man I looked forward to at E3. He communicated well, and presented himself as if he was speaking to press/consumers/developers alike, and genuinely made me believe there was someone who had a passion for Playstation products, and wanted only the best software to grace the system. That philosophy may still exist at the company but nobody seems to be stepping up to convey it.

Best bet, get Kaz to present the entire presentation with a few devs coming out if they want to present there games personally. Show a ton of new games for Vita and show that titles are in the works for the platform and ensure consumers it's going to be a successful brand. Keep at least 2 titles complete secrets and reveal at e3 and then reveal what all of WWS is working on, and just to get PS buzz rolling, to a PS4 teaser.
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Time chart from Neogaf, MS and EA times based on SpikeTV/Gametrailer start times, From what I remember they did some reveals before the shows so who knows. I guess I'll handle the EA and Ubisoft threads again this year? Luckily all shows fit into my school schedule perfectly.

Thread Information