Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foreign Gamers Beware...the US is watching you!

Dragon of Dojima is Back! Diresu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
    They are milking this "to stop terrorism" shit for all it is worth. I wonder when it will run out. What is so hopeless though is they will think of a new 'thing' to step all over us with after it.

Fun world we live in.
    Yea, well, if it keeps spiraling out of control I am glad to have an option of moving back to Europe. Got family in Germany, Denmark, Austria, etc. If Mitt Romney wins, it might just make that a real option.
    Sapere Aude

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Terrorism is the holy grail of boogie men. It's so easy to apply the terrorist label to whomever you want. You no longer have to find an entire country to label as evil (even though they still seem to be doing that too).
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup... "terrorism" makes fearmongering easy. The same is true here... no matter what happens and how the case was solved (for example the recent France dispute about that guy who killed some jews)... they always want to install Internet Data Retention (which includes movement data from cellphones!) because "we need it to solve it". NONE of the recent cases ever allowed for an interpretation of "we need it"... ALL cases were solved WITHOUT data retention... how's that for an argument^^
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    Yah... Keep us all in fear, keep us all divided, keep us buying, keep us in debt, but most of all... Keep us afraid.

Post Thanks / Like
    The US has always been pretty open about their gathering of foreign data. If you're making calls, sending emails, visiting websites(etc.) to/inside the US you, should already know the data is monitored. This is merely just another source of information they can collect. Sad but true.

*madhouse's offical creepy old guy* Smokey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BahnNZ View Post
    Yah... Keep us all in fear, keep us all divided, keep us buying, keep us in debt, but most of all... Keep us afraid.
    to be honest though it only seems to be governments that fear the dreaded "Terrorism" i never think about it couldnt give 2 shits about it i dont know anyone personally who even comes close to mentioning it. only time i ever see it mentioned is stuff from america it rules their life it seems. to me its a non subject.
    my PSN name is smokey777
    Originally posted julps31
    The truth. MGS has aged gracefully. MGS1 = MILF

Post Thanks / Like
    Think we had a terrorist Moari dude once who cut down the tree on one tree hill so it was no tree hill... Think that's pretty much it for NZ Terrorism.

You Aussie guys had that Bali bomb, which was no laughing matter, but I guess that was it.

Post Thanks / Like
    its just like since 9/11 its become a joke really all this terrorist crap. places like Uk, Scotland well europe etc have been coping this stuff for decades (IRA etc) itll never go away never. itll get worse to be honest with the way the US is handling it
    my PSN name is smokey777

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    its just like since 9/11 its become a joke really all this terrorist crap. places like Uk, Scotland well europe etc have been coping this stuff for decades (IRA etc) itll never go away never. itll get worse to be honest with the way the US is handling it
    I believe that's the plan. The worse it gets, the more control they can exert though fear mongering.

And it helps keep people from concentrating on the real problems...like monetary policy and the FED.

If the people fear the governments money spending ways, the best remedy is to make them fear something else that will require even more spending to "handle".
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

Post Thanks / Like
    ya i think ya right Viper, the money the US seems to spend on Military is beyond rediculous but it is all fear tactics, thats it. most of the trouble US has over their decades is stuff they have put in motion, put someone into power, trained people up, helped certains ones. and they always gets bitten on the arse. people of US wonder why things happen to US its because it sticks its friggin nose into things that they have no right to around the world. keep butting ya nose into other peoples buisness & the crazies start bitting back and it will just get worse & worse. the US has to give up trying to be WORLD police, because you aint
    my PSN name is smokey777

Post Thanks / Like
    That's just the thing. The government doesn't want to stop doing that because it gives them money, power and control.

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone is sick of US. But the powers be aren't scared because no one is doing shit, or will do shit. If I was in their position I know I wouldn't even be slightly worried. I would look down and laugh at the clueless morons because that's what the majority is. And every election in US shows this in bigger and more scary ways.

Hell, I was one of the clueless morons 3-4 years ago. And it does take a bit of effort on your part to learn what the deal is, an effort most will never put into world politics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fearmongering is in full tilt in Germany too... and guess what. The last successful terrorist attack here was the RAF (Red Army Faction, not the UK thing). And that was in the god damn 70s. Yes, 40 years ago! Nothing else succeeded since then. And most of that time was without any "Patriot Act-ish" laws. They always tried to enact laws like those here, but mostly didn't succeed, until 9/11, when it was easier to do so, because of general fear (and media fearmongering).

But, I guess the real "Age of Enlightenment" is only just starting. With people fully connected through multiple means (most involve the internet), it's easier than ever for people to inform themselves. And that's an uncontrolled source, different from "official" media like TV, papers and most books. Nothing's filtered. Hence "they" fight it. At least that's how I see it. With full data retention and whatever, suppressing informations will be just as easy. It's full on S3 Plan!
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    the sad bit is it was US who started all this 'terrorist' crap not the crazy Iraquis... i mean they did the 'act' thats given us the last ten yrs of US shit, but all this started long long ago
    my PSN name is smokey777

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah when I was a lad there was bombs going off in pubs, terrorist shootings were a weekly occurrence, everybody kept their civil liberties, well, everybody who wasn't irish. And in the end the British sat round a table and hammered out peace with the IRA, which is what you have to do. You shoot one terrorist three more pop up.

The American chappies need to learn from how conflicts were successfully resolved around the world. In the case of the US it's really a matter of stop meddling. Quit trying to bomb democracy into other countries when the US doesn't have even have democracy at home.

There is this weird idea in America that freedom is "religious freedom". Freedom to worship. In the words of Orson Welles you shouldn't pray it just bores God. And monetary freedom, freedom from taxes.

So the freedom to put whatever substances you want in your own body, and for women to have control over their own body and reproductive system(Hint if you allow this, you might get laid more), freedom from unwarranted searches, seizures, and wiretaps, freedom to be in a union, to demonstrate, a free political system free from corruption, where political favors cannot be bought and the politicians work for those who elected them, freedom from poverty and sickness. That's not freedom. In Europe and Australia we consider that freedom, and in NZ we can worship and deity, idol, or three legged monkey we like, and our taxes are lower, because we're not servicing a massive debt caused by that military welfare program they run in the US. That's what the US military is, a giant welfare program, not only for the soldiers but for GE, Lockheed and the rest. Wanna cut the debt? That's where you start.

Rant, rant, rant.
    Last edited by BahnNZ; 04-13-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Thread Information