Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starhawk

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Starhawk

The other thread seems to has been lost like the PS4 thread.

http://e-mpire.com/showthread.php/122594-Starhawk-2012

Post Thanks / Like
    I worked around data for 2-3 years now, never seen something magically vanish :/ No logs, no backups to recover. These disappearing threads are freak of nature.

Good point in the vid about if you are not willing to crunch, your heart isn't in it. I think crunching comes naturally if your boss is good and the project is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am "crunching" at the moment, too (have been for the past 2 months). I am now at the end of writing my thesis, and it's fucked up. It's not that I don't like what I am doing... it's actually quite funny (Non-Photorealistic Stroke Rendering for robotic painters), but writing the thesis itself (instead of the program, which is more or less finished) is just frustrating. I has taken me 2 weeks now to write about 20 pages (of ~40 to 50 all in all). And I only have 4 weeks left.

What I am trying to say is, even if you like the job you do, it will never encompass ALL the things you need to do. There's things you'll like in making games and there's stuff you won't. I find bugfixing sometimes REALLY frustrating, because it often means reading through pages and pages of source code without any real leads or pointers as to what the problem really is (complex dependencies make this really problematic). And then you see "I am such a fuckwad, I cast the negative integer to a uint withint a parameter"... (this happened to me two weeks ago^^)).

BUT... after the crunch, you'll probably be in a prolonged "happy" phase, because you accomplished something awesome.
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    Starhawk Campaign Hands-On: Wild West
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...-on-wild-west/

Post Thanks / Like
    Game has gone gold, releases next week, Beta players get free in-game items

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Pffft, so many May games, most are SP though so might pick this up as a MP fix (even though I am continuing my quest for 15th prestige on Blops).

Anyone here getting it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably not me... burned out on Warhawk... don't care for MP... hence not really. Looks good, though.
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    Im getting this but for some reason its only out on the 25th in my country. Will see you online ratt.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsnakejej View Post
    Game has gone gold, releases next week, Beta players get free in-game items
    FUCK I HAVEN'T BUDGETED FOR THIS!

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger
    I'm so bored with the conversations on this forum. They're so shallow and unrewarding.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be getting this. Don't know if I can get it on day one though. ($$)

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are incredibly excited to announce that all map packs for Starhawk will be free. Yeah, you read that right…FREE.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...ap-packs-free/

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

The game will be also released on PSN Tomorrow for EU, not sure about US, mix up, there could be a PSN release in the future but it is only retail right now.
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/05/...ase-this-week/

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome, I haven't dug into a meaty MP game in a while Will get the PSN version of course. I am sure it'll be priced fairly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
    Awesome, I haven't dug into a meaty MP game in a while Will get the PSN version of course. I am sure it'll be priced fairly.
    There was a mix-up, though there might be a PSN version in the future, it is retail only right now.
    http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/05/...jobe-confirms/

Post Thanks / Like
    Boo! I'll wait for PSN. It's odd Warhawk was PSN only (at first), now they went retail only (at first).

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Warhawk was day one PSN AND Retail, as not to piss off the retail chains... but it is interesting that this isn't available as a network game right off the bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, in NA it was. In Europe it took a month for retail version (Warhawk). These games always 'felt' like PSN games though and it just feels wrong to buy it on disc. Plus I am at a stage now where I download anything I can instead of disc.

I am sure PSN version won't be far off.

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Game looks awesome, but I'll admit a bit intimidating...lol

So much micro managing going on'-) Wonder if the pick-up and play aspect from Warhawk is gone now?
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Thread Information