Thread: Closure (PSN)

Post Thanks / Like

Closure (PSN)

Playstation.Blog: Closure Hits PSN Next Spring, Play It At PAX
    + Posted by Tyler Glaiel // Lead Designer & Programmer, Eyebrow Interactive

Hey there! We are very proud to announce that our game Closure will be coming to the the PlayStation Network next spring! For those who haven’t been following our development these past few years, Closure is a unique and stylistic puzzle platformer that takes the concept of light and shadow and twists it up into something never before seen.

You see, in Closure’s dark and foreboding universe, the only things that exist are what you can see. An object properly lit up is physically there, yet an object shrouded in darkness ceases to be. Your character can take advantage of this by manipulating lights to effectively change the shape of the world you’re in. Wanna jump through a wall? Well you can, as long as it’s in darkness.

Some of you might be wondering, “Wait, haven’t I played this game before?” You may have. Closure began life as a small and simple web game posted online at the end of 2009. The game was successful enough that we decided to take the unique concept of the game, remake it from scratch, and build it into a much larger, more interesting, and much more polished full sized game. This new version features around 100 puzzles, includes many new and interesting mechanics, an amazing award-winning soundtrack, multiple characters with different stories, beautiful new hand-drawn art, and much much more.

If you like mind-bending puzzles or just want to try something new for a change, you’ll definitely want to check out Closure next spring! In the mean time, you can follow us on Facebook or Twitter for more screenshots and updates! Also, if you’re coming to PAX this weekend, you can come play the game at booth 599!
    i think i like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger
    I'm so bored with the conversations on this forum. They're so shallow and unrewarding.

Ol' Boy is back (maybe)! Unspoken's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I remember playing the original version of this and liking the way the puzzles were designed. I'll definitely keep my eye on this remastery of it.

1337GheyCowboys!
    Because without the "1337" and "Cowboys!", we'd be the Wyld Stallynz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Creepy.

Post Thanks / Like

Closure (PSN)

Close out Spring Fever with Closure: PSN’s Next Innovator Hits March 27th

Hey! I know we’re all heavily enjoying Journey right now (it’s amazing), but don’t shut off your PS3 when you’re done with it because another awesome game, Closure, is coming out at the end of the month. We just finished our launch trailer, which you can watch below right now!

Just for recap, Closure is a puzzle platformer based around manipulating lights to phase objects in and out of reality. The core gameplay premise is: If you can't see it, it doesn't exist. It's a simple enough concept to understand, but the puzzles are anything but. A team of three (myself, artist Jon Schubbe, musician Christopher Rhyne) have spent three years working on Closure, designing nearly 100 unique and challenging puzzles spread across a variety of dark and eerie settings including a decrepit factory, a murky forest, an abandoned carnival, and a few other locales that I’ll leave as a surprise.

Closure is not just about its setting and atmosphere, though. There is a heavy focus on the puzzles themselves, which start off simple but evolve to become some of the most puzzling challenges you will ever face. As an anecdote, towards the end of development, I decided to play through the entire game and I reached a few puzzles (puzzles I designed, mind you) that I hadn't played in a few months. I had forgotten the solutions and was stumped on them for a relatively long time.

In other exciting news, Closure was selected as the Grand Prize Winner at the DICE 2012 Indie Game Challenge last month. This was the first competition we entered since the 2010 IGF (where Closure was selected as the Audio Excellence award winner) and it was really cool to see people's reactions to the finished product.

Closure will be released in North America on March 27th as part of the Spring Fever promotion and will cost $14.99 (and just $11.99 for PlayStation Plus subscribers). If you have questions about Closure, please leave them in the comments — I’d love to answer some.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...ts-march-27th/

Post Thanks / Like
    bla bla bla bla bla

can somebody merge these two threads or delete the older one...?
    Last edited by KRA; 03-16-2012 at 12:57 AM.
    I'm so bored with the conversations on this forum. They're so shallow and unrewarding.

Post Thanks / Like

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Threads merged.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heads up for anyone interested, the game is heading to Steam Sept 7th
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...m-in-september

on the Euro version
    I asked Glaiel what its status was, to which he replied, "The PS3 EU version is missing because it was taking far too long to get the details for that worked out, and we decided we should focus on the PC launch instead since that will be global. It still may come out on the EU PSN eventually."

Post Thanks / Like
    wtf ?! they decided ?
    i want my fucking closure...
    what kind of deal they have with sony that they can decide to not work on EU version ?
    and what kind of work is it ?
    that's crazy...
    and now i am affraid the same thing is happening with DYAD...

Post Thanks / Like
    God damn European red tape no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is really starting to piss me off also. Been waiting for Dyad for three weeks now and counterstrike missed yesterdays update. I thought they got their shit together but i guess i was wrong. It wasnt a surprise Liverpool got cut yesterday and i dont think ill shed a tear for London either with their piss poor rate of output and quality.

Thread Information