Thread: HD Classics: Ratchet and Clank

Post Thanks / Like

HD Classics: Ratchet and Clank

i think it deserves its own thread.

Classics HD: Ratchet and Clank Trilogy has been given a firm release date of May 16th. The game will have the first three Ratchet and Clank games released on one disc.

The game will include new trophies, 3D support, 8 player multiplayer and run at 60 fps.
    http://xbigygames.com/classics-hd-ra...-out-may-16th/

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    not really needed for a thread, R&C is kinda of niche genre and most of us here probably played most of these on PS2. Great to see them remade though...
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniStalgic View Post
    not really needed for a thread, R&C is kinda of niche genre and most of us here probably played most of these on PS2. Great to see them remade though...
    they're every bit as big as the JAD games... i actually think they're better.

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wont disagree with that...they just don't need threads created for them, this nor Jak. not going to be a lot of discussion about these titles bra...
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    well i think that's more of an indication of how this site has changed. elsewhere it's big big news

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thrilled by this news, myself. Three superb games that are head and shoulders above the other platforming titles. Up Your Arsenal, in particular, is a spectacular game and for my money one of the finest titles in the last decade. The perfect mix of humor, action, and challenge.
    "A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have your attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action." (Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross)

My stories, available for the Kindle. The latest, Damnation, was released in September 2014.

I will have the penne alla arrabiata TimmyJ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm chuffed with this personally, as I only ever played the 3rd game in the series. Ironically I've got all but the 3rd game on the PS3 =P
    Last edited by TimmyJ; 03-17-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Izzard - Dress To Kill
    Thank you for flying Church of England, cake or death?

You don't eat pigs, we don't eat pigs,
    It seems it's been that way forever.
    So if you don't eat pigs and we don't eat pigs,
    Why not not eat pigs together?

Post Thanks / Like
    Luckily, you are not missing a damn thing in the PS3's case.
    "A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have your attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action." (Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross)

My stories, available for the Kindle. The latest, Damnation, was released in September 2014.

I will have the penne alla arrabiata TimmyJ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is "All 4 One" not very good? I really enjoyed "A Crack In Time" so I'd have expected the most recent entry to be at least as good.

Looks like I'll be buying this instead!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Izzard - Dress To Kill
    Thank you for flying Church of England, cake or death?

You don't eat pigs, we don't eat pigs,
    It seems it's been that way forever.
    So if you don't eat pigs and we don't eat pigs,
    Why not not eat pigs together?

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't like it at all. The game is designed to be played with friends. That's not such a bad thing, but the mechanics don't really work and the ally AI, if you decide to play by yourself, is remarkably stupid. They wouldn't have gotten away with half the crap the AI does ten years ago. The game is also pretty boring and has some other bugs not related to AI that can halt the game. A rushed, slipshod job overall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJ View Post
    Is "All 4 One" not very good? I really enjoyed "A Crack In Time" so I'd have expected the most recent entry to be at least as good.

Looks like I'll be buying this instead!
    there is a demo of that on PSN if you really want to find out why it's the worse RAC of them all. buy the HD remakes. 1 and 2 will make you fall in love with the series all over again, whilst 3 will indicate when the series went in the wrong direction by focusing more on weapons...

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn you Sony for the relatively cheap HD ports of all PS2 classics one upped with trophies making me even more poor than I would otherwise be

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't like Up Your Arsenal as much as the first two? Interesting opinion, though I can see your point with the weapons. It was more action-centric and less platform-centric than the first two, but the game design and the humor were so good I didn't much notice, to be honest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro A. View Post
    You didn't like Up Your Arsenal as much as the first two? Interesting opinion, though I can see your point with the weapons. It was more action-centric and less platform-centric than the first two, but the game design and the humor were so good I didn't much notice, to be honest.
    i suppose it's to do with why i play games. i have never liked any game that is centred on scoring the highest score, or games that ask you to survive against oncoming enemies... i play to explore; to escape into an imaginary world and feel like you are part of it. i love that feeling you get when you enter a new location and see the potential exploration before you. when guns are introduced that exploration and sense of finding a new world becomes secondary (for me at least)

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming out August 28th for NA with Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...y-cooper-demo/

Post Thanks / Like
    Can we get a title update, Out Now
    Game Informer 9.25:http://www.gameinformer.com/games/ra...me-finish.aspx

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder why they put it as a selling point that the game runs at 60fps. The game ran at 60fps on the PS2 right? That would be a bigger selling point if it was a game that previously ran at 30fps or lower running at 60fps.

Anyways, this will definitely be a treat for anyone who hasn't been able to play R&C1-3. Trophy support will give an added incentive to explore and upgrade all of your arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newboi View Post
    I wonder why they put it as a selling point that the game runs at 60fps. The game ran at 60fps on the PS2 right? That would be a bigger selling point if it was a game that previously ran at 30fps or lower running at 60fps.
    I think it's more just for confirmation since not all HD Collections have it at 60fps.

Thread Information