Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Famitsu scored it a perfect 40/40.

Their 19th perfect score ever.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah... and the game before that was FFXIII-2... rather reliable, innit? Though I do agree with MGS4 and Bayonetta (didn't play "Nintendogs" or some of the other games).

It's also rather inflated, given that 13 out of the 19 are 2008 and later and the lists started 10 years earlier.
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it's not as much of a merit as once it was. Still a rather impressive measure to open with. Should average in the low 90's in western media.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dunno... can't say. It's a nice throwback to the late 80s, though. Thing is, if you look beyond the nostalgia of those games, some of them are kind of mediocre (obviously not saying it about this game, as I can't comment on it either way).

God... I hate being so negative^^
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed that most classic remakes or sequels usually turn out to be nothing more than a quick cash in on the name. I think we're getting lucky with Uprising though. After watching a few trailers, the game is very deep.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some current "remakes" (or reboots) are actually quite good, even if you haven't played the originals to a notable degree... say Castlevania or (at least partially) Sonic Generations.
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm intrigued by Kid Icarus. Not counting the half-baked GB game, this is the first Kid Icarus game in literally a quarter-century. Amazing.
    "A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have your attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action." (Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross)

My stories, available for the Kindle. The latest, Abraxas, was released in June 2014.

Ol' Boy is back (maybe)! Unspoken's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I look at it, all I can see is a portable version of Sin and Punishment or Panzer Dragoon. And that's the best thing that could happen for it.

I'll be getting this day one. None of that want is because it is a remake of the original Kid Icarus (though it is nice that pre-orders get the 3D Classics version of it). The combat in the game, the sweet weapon combination system and risk/reward feature, humorous writing, interesting AR card game, and online modes just all look pretty generally awesome.

Super-duper, even.

1337GheyCowboys!
    Because without the "1337" and "Cowboys!", we'd be the Wyld Stallynz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, game is an absolute beast. One of the most, if not THE most, content packed portable handheld titles ever launched.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm... Peace Walker was quite packed, too^^ And third party, too. But it was also Kojima AND MGS... so yeah, I give you that.
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    So I've had this game since launch and STILL haven't beaten the story mode. I'd been playing a chapter or two a day, and now I know that it isn't enough. I'm going to attempt to beat it today, since I don't have much better to do on a day off.

And there is soooooo much to do in this game. I thought 120 achievements was plenty, but then it adds yet another 120 not even halfway through the game. Bullshit. It also looks like there's enough space for one more sheet, too. I'm hoping not, since I'll never get all these fucking things. Also, I spend a lot of time fusing weapons. I'm not sure if there's any strategy, but I either go for high stats or lots of abilities. I have some sweet Raptor Claws now because of it, too, which have me placing 3rd in Free-for-All consistently. I'm too afraid of doing Light vs Dark, since my weapon value's pretty high now, and I have a tendency of dying (quite a bit, actually).

1337GheyCowboys!

I'll be what I will be Lucent Beam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you play with it on the stand?
    I don't really want to, but if I play NOT on the stand, I tend to move around too much and the 3D gets wonky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, only when I'm feeling particularly lazy. It doesn't help that there isn't a table high enough to properly place the stand and sit at the same time, so I have to dig out books and DVD cases to prop it on. By that time, I realize how much of an ordeal it is and just play without.

Beat it last night. Love how extremely cheesy it is. Also, it felt like it was never going to end, almost like I was watching a TV show instead of playing a game. I really liked that feel, but it did lead me to feeling like the game dragged on a bit. I won't spoil any of the story bits, but it is still satisfying to play this game to completion. Also, last level is totally ridiculous. And I love it.

So if anyone wants to play online in Together mode, let me know, and I'll try to get a game going. And on a final note, yes, there are 360 achievements in this game. And I'm the saddest.

1337GheyCowboys!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still working through Resident Evil: Revelations in Raid Mode but KI: Uprising is my next 3DS game to tackle.

My youngest son Dylan beat it on Friday.

Thread Information