Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the guy looks slightly like gerard butler

Post Thanks / Like
    So was the unbelievable fact that it was a ND game or maybe the actors ARE Ellen and Gerard?

I'm not sure what was so unbelievable about this trailer?

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I can already tell that this game is going to take a lot of inspiration from the movie/book The Road.

Post Thanks / Like
    i can't get back on at all. this is really pissing me off

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry it's not worth it, and http://www.gametrailers.com/ have the reveals up right after they show them.

Post Thanks / Like
    HD trailer 720p
    http://trailers-ak.gametrailers.com/...0_3500_h32.mp4

The Last of Us trailer was rendered in engine on PS3
    http://twitter.com/#!/cbalestra/stat...77858323435522
    PLAYSTATION.4
    Playfrance.com PS4 News 24/24 the latest news.

"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.”Being true to yourself really means being true to all the complexities of the human spirit"

Post Thanks / Like
    this is a very interesting thought

Naughty Dog’s “The Last of Us” The Future of Uncharted’s Universe?
    http://www.analoghype.com/video-game...teds-universe/

what if we met Drake as an old man? that would be beyond cool

and here is the woman who plays the girl:

Ashley Johnson

TheVulcanSalute Ashley Johnson

Finally I get to talk about what I've been working on! "The Last of Us" game by Naughty Dog. Did you guys see the trailer on the VGAs??
    Last edited by GribbleGrunger; 12-11-2011 at 02:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven tale about a modern plague decimating mankind. Nature encroaches upon civilization, forcing remaining survivors to kill for food, weapons and whatever they can find. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.
    Press release

Sony Computer Entertainment America ANNOUNCES THE LAST OF US, A NEW PLAYSTATION®3 EXCLUSIVE DEVELOPED BY NAUGHTY DOG
    LOS ANGELES, December 10, 2011 – Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC announced today The Last of Us, a new franchise created exclusively for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Developed by Naughty Dog, the creators of the highly acclaimed and best-selling UNCHARTED™ series, The Last of Us was unveiled in a world premiere trailer at the Spike TV 2011 Video Game Award Show.

The Last of Us is a genre-defining experience that blends survival and action elements to tell a character driven story about a population decimated by a modern plague. Abandoned cities are being reclaimed by nature and the remaining survivors are killing each other for food, weapons and whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a ruthless survivor, and Ellie, a brave teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together to survive their journey across what remains of the United States.

“We are excited to finally unveil The Last of Us, a project the team has been working hard on for some time,” said Evan Wells, Co-President of Naughty Dog. “Naughty Dog’s mission is to change the way people experience videogames. We are confident The Last of Us will take a leap forward in cinematic gaming and storytelling, providing gamers with an experience unlike anything else in the industry.”

The Last of Us is developed by some of the industry most talented game designers including Bruce Straley, game director, and Neil Druckmann, creative director. Naughty Dog advanced to the forefront of the videogame industry in 1996 with the successful introduction of Crash Bandicoot on the original PlayStation. The developer extended the franchise with Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped and Crash Team Racing, selling 22 million copies worldwide and led to Naughty Dog being the most successful video game developer in the United States for that console generation. The team then created the Jak and Daxter franchise including Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy®, Jak II™, Jak 3™ and Jak X: Combat Racing™. All four of titles are PlayStation®2 “Greatest Hits”. In 2007 the team released UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune® and followed with UNCHARTED2: Among Thieves™ and the recent November launch of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™. Having currently sold over 13 million units worldwide, the UNCHARTED franchise represents some of the most impressive graphics, sound and processing capabilities found on PS3.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/834h472kmfs8/

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's going to be pretty interesting, in fact, I would love to see a another game use the classic Ico AI and have your partner interact with you during gameplay and even hold her hand.

Story should be top-notch and we know it looks beautiful, but this is a video game ND. We know you guys know what your doing graphically, gameplay should have been shown but I guess forum goers aren't who they are really trying to wow here -_-

Over the shoulder camera and and actions moves that actually have weight to them ala Gears/Mass Effect would work in a game like this. The camera gives the player a good view and allows the team to be very cinematic, I'd be surprised if it doesn't play like a hybrid third person shooter.

I think I will be excited about this game, especially with the team's commitment to offer something different. But no gameplay, not really much I can say but "wow, didn't expect that"

Good that's its ND though. Mass Effect 3 trailer was epic...gonna be tough to top that ND and if the Last Guardian is half as powerful as ICo/Sotc that's going to be an emotional roller coaster experience as well. PS3 still a beast...
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    So I just watched that trailer and all I can say is:

why do I need a PS4 announcement next year?

PSN: CptnAmerica
    Twitch: CptnAmeric4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniStalgic
    Mass Effect 3 trailer was epic
    Run, cutscene, run, cutscene, run, cutscene, push a button, cutscene.

I love the franchise and will LOOOVE ME3 but todays trailer was literally just that.

On this game: "Genre defining", exciting words.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SadPanda View Post
    So I just watched that trailer and all I can say is:

why do I need a PS4 announcement next year?
    what have i been saying for a year now. if people think that Uncharted 2/3 is the best that the PS3 can offer then they are mistaken. and even this game isn't the end yet once ND and other devs pull a few tricks and use installs

---------- Post added at 06:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

sooooo:

The Last of Us Definitely Not Uncharted, Been in Development at Least 2 Years
    http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011...least-2-years/

question is, was UC3 made with the Last Of Us engine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Question is : is this trailer really done in real time ? I doubt it.

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not realtime, "in-engine". So it's not CG but not completely realtime either. It will look fantastic in gameplay cuz the difference in U3 between inengine cutscenes and gameplay isnt really all THAT big and Id imagine the same applies to this game.

Post Thanks / Like
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by jako View Post
    Question is : is this trailer really done in real time ? I doubt it.

You can see clipping ( on the window ) and some aliasing in the trailer
    PLAYSTATION.4
    Playfrance.com PS4 News 24/24 the latest news.

"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.”Being true to yourself really means being true to all the complexities of the human spirit"

Post Thanks / Like
    By ND standards it's basic stuff really. I mean Unch3 was pushing similar graphics with shit blowing up everywhere and millions of physics going off.

That's a static house that isn't on fire, with 3 player models. Piece of cake for ND to get those visuals.
    Last edited by masteratt; 12-11-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm really glad to find out that Naughty Dog has had two teams for a while now. It only made sense for Sony to expand on their possibly most brilliant developer in several aspects. The best thing about this is that they're actually bringing in a new IP at this point. I'm tired of sequels.

I never imagined they could have been working on something else, mostly as they kept on saying they're a relatively small developer. I don't know if this is still true, but this has only been a surprise for me, so great anyway.

By the way, I read that the main guys in charge of this game are Uncharted 2's director and lead designer. No wonder Uncharted 3 seems like something else if some of their best heads were working on their own project. I guess it all makes sense now, in a good way.
    Last edited by Luis; 12-11-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im glad we finally have a new survival game to talk about. After Dead Space there has really been nothing good. Silent Hill has become stale and Resi is a shooter now. I cant wait to see more.

Can anyone argue that these guys are the best developer this gen? Two new IP's and three amazing games released already.

The Ambassador of Pain warmachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TEEDA View Post
    [/COLOR]

You can see clipping ( on the window ) and some aliasing in the trailer
    The way her hair moves is just insane! oO

Great to hear that the game is made by ND, sadly, I don't like/hate horror games... :/
    This is the life we chose, the life we lead...and there is only one guaranty...
    ...None of us will see heaven!

Thread Information