Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have joined the green side

Post Thanks / Like

I have joined the green side

So, I was in town today and saw a great deal for X360 I just couldn't resist (250GB + 2 top games for £230), and I went for it.

I have MW3 and Gears3 as bundled and will grow my library from now on, as anything that isn't exclusive to PS3 will be bought on 360 (simply due to them running better 90% of the time).

My GT is masteratt and if anyone here regularly plays games online other than those two mentioned, let me know and I'll make them a priority purchase.

Happy to be on the green side and hopefully see you guys on XBL

Post Thanks / Like
    Say what!?

Anyway its good having both Consoles - pretty much as you say multiplats 360 and the PS3 for Sonys strong first party and the odd multiplat here and there.

I'm on a gaming break ATM but I do play Daytona USA and Full House Poker from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would find the system a lot more attractive if their online full game catalog was cheaper and bigger. I refuse to get another system that's going to require considerable shelf, drawer, closet or whatever space, as I don't tend to sell anything I own.

Same applies for PS3, but that's where the games I like the most are. I really hope next gen will bring all or nearly all games as digital releases.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^Agreed with online distribution and shelf space and that's why I am selling my PS3 in fact. Shocker I know. No need for it now, 360 runs 3rd party games better and just now I had a blast partying with my brother and playing online.

And for the awesome PS3 exclusives that come now and then I'm going to repair my PS3fatty and however long that lasts, so be it.

I will also be selling ALL my non-exclusive PS3 games so if you want fast delivered games with great prices, look for my sales thread soon-ish
    Last edited by masteratt; 11-17-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing is, in PC world going "green" means buying Nvidia, which is the opposite in consoles (PS3 has Nvidia GPU). Going "red" means buying ATI/AMD.

Well, in any case... it's the best choice if you don't play on PC besides PS3, I guess. MP games on PC and exclusives on PS3. That is the way to go, if you have a capable PC, unless you absolutely want FM4 and Gears (although that is rumored to be coming to PC again, currently).
    Kept you waiting

Your Amicable Overlord D3adcell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    I would find the system a lot more attractive if their online full game catalog was cheaper and bigger. I refuse to get another system that's going to require considerable shelf, drawer, closet or whatever space, as I don't tend to sell anything I own.

Same applies for PS3, but that's where the games I like the most are. I really hope next gen will bring all or nearly all games as digital releases.
    They actually have many full retail games for download on xbox live (at least here). They add at least 3-4 new games every week. However they rarely add new games, all older stuff.

Masteratt anytime you want to play MW3 or anything just send me a pm on here or something. I am off work today so anytime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow just checked the On Demand section, it's VAST! And prices are £15-£20 range, ripoff compared to online retailers but not too bad if you are keen on having them on your HDD.

New stuff is same ripoff price as PSN though £45+. Very interesting, never knew 360 had such a vast on demand section, probably won't pick up anything but still lol.

EDIT after surfing some more: Some prices are VERY competitive with online retailers (looking at new only though), not bad, not bad at allll.

San Andreas!!! It's not with achievements is it?!

@D3adcell , I'm checking out the menus and settings and stuff and will hop onto mw3 mp afterwards. Don't expect an epic long session though, as I said in it's thread it literally gives me a headache. SP not too bad atm though, I just can't resist the variety CoD SP has and this one is no different. I honestly don't know how they aren't out of ideas yet.

Might hop on to gears 3 as well at some point.

And nice thing is I got this from Blockbuster and they gave me a months worth of free rentals. Probably will rent AC: Revelations next weekend or any game you folks play online.
    Last edited by masteratt; 11-17-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Your Amicable Overlord D3adcell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No none of the original xbox games have achievements.

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know towards the beginning of the generation 360 games ran much better than PS3, but I haven't seen any recent comparisons giving 360 any performance extras In fact games like Assassin's Creed and Batman had PS3 extras etc...? I dunno Maybe I haven't been playing a lot of 3rd party stuff, but recently I've seen parity between 3rd party efforts or even devs giving PS3 extra support or Move support. (Portal/Bioshock/Ninja Gaiden/MGS collection etc...)

You seem to be going in an opposite direction I would be though, I loved my 360 2-3 years ago but sold it after the 3rd party performance improved on PS3. And Sony's first party is pretty big, lot of exclusives content on blu-ray and PSN you'll miss out on if your fatty dies, they don't really come here and there, most big PS3 titles are often exclusives.

So, my question is, what r u doin? Gaming on the box, that's fine cuz Live is stupid clear and smooth (particularly for shooters)--but don't sell ur pS3 dude! you'll regret it as soon as you get tired of playing Call of Duty and Gears
    Last edited by OmniStalgic; 11-17-2011 at 02:31 PM.
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Skyrim, Batman, MW3, AC...All look AND run better on 360. I'm not sure what you mean by Batman extras?

I won't miss out on PS3 stuff, if there is something I can't resist, there is always the option of repairing the fat. Can't remember any huge PS exclusives incoming though.

I just checked my last played games on PS3, and all but one (unch3) are multi-plat and run better on 360 So made me wonder why keep PS3 around. I think it was becoming obvious my frustration with PS3 in general, as I ranted and blogged about here about lack of progress in online department and the crappy OS (oh god the OS!) and really, on day to day basis, those matter more to me than anything.

It's hard not to sound too nitpicky unless you are a hardcore gamer like myself and use the system VERY frequently like I do, so all I can say is bad OS frustration builds up quick and it really is VERY frustrating and I was putting up with it to play 360 ports basically. Made no sense.

360 OS is smooth as knife through butter atm and it's getting updated with the Win8 look where people in preview says it runs even better, so hurray.

Anyway that's to clear up where I'm coming from, so hopefully we don't get anymore "why switch bro" themed posts.

"There is an update for this game"
    *clicks download, done in literally 2 seconds*
    Woot!!
    Last edited by masteratt; 11-17-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, my question is, what r u doin? Gaming on the box, that's fine cuz Live is stupid clear and smooth--don't sell ur pS3 dude! you'll regret it
    kind of agree with Omni. i thought that 3rd party games probles is the thing of past.
    but whatever. but hey if you want to do something stupid why don't you go all the way
    and instead of selling your ps3 just give it to me
    Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger
    I'm so bored with the conversations on this forum. They're so shallow and unrewarding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe you posted before my post appeared, but this is one huge point:
    I just checked my last played games on PS3, and all but one (unch3) are multi-plat and run better on 360
    It's not like consoles only exist for exclusives, I'm going to do all my gaming on 360 from now on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
    Skyrim, Batman, MW3, AC...All look AND run better on 360. I'm not sure what you mean by Batman extras?

I won't miss out on PS3 stuff, if there is something I can't resist, there is always the option of repairing the fat. Can't remember any huge PS exclusives incoming though.

I just checked my last played games on PS3, and all but one (unch3) are multi-plat and run better on 360 So made me wonder why keep PS3 around. I think it was becoming obvious my frustration with PS3 in general, as I ranted and blogged about here about lack of progress in online department and the crappy OS (oh god the OS!) and really, on day to day basis, those matter more to me than anything.

It's hard not to sound too nitpicky unless you are a hardcore gamer like myself and use the system VERY frequently like I do, so all I can say is bad OS frustration builds up quick and it really is VERY frustrating and I was putting up with it to play 360 ports basically. Made no sense.

360 OS is smooth as knife through butter atm and it's getting updated with the Win8 look where people in preview says it runs even better, so hurray.

Anyway that's to clear up where I'm coming from, so hopefully we don't get anymore "why switch bro" themed posts.

"There is an update for this game"
    *clicks download, done in literally 2 seconds*
    Woot!!
    OS is a bit of a deal breaker if you use it every day I guess, I'm fine with the simple stuff since I have a daughter now, no time to boot up PS3 everyday for gaming, mostly for Netflix then I game on weekends. I also don't like 360's controller with action games, but that's just my preference, I played Batman on both and didn't notice any differences, so I'm not sure if performance is such an issue as it once was, doesn't bother me anyway

But, as long as you keep those awesome reviews up since we'll still be playing the same games, your still ace in my book...

Will you still have access to games on PSN *Journey/Trine etc...?
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”

Post Thanks / Like
    i think trine is not ps3 exclusive...
    I'm so bored with the conversations on this forum. They're so shallow and unrewarding.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still think it's gonna bite u in arse tho mate Fatty Ps3 that have problems seem like they never recover, and you're gonna want one again especially when devs that've been MIA for a while start to show there stuff (Santa Monica/Heavy Rain guy/Team Ico/Level 5 etc...and maybe that ridiculous XlllVersus will actually be worth playing -_-) I do dig the Xbox OS, but after I stopped playing games every single day, the aesthetics of things didn't matter to me as much, just the games.

Don't say I didn't warn you lol

I' feel like...I just lost a brother ;-( He won't post in PS3 section anymore, and he'll start wearing green shirts! and...and..using Internet Explorer!!! OMG...the agony.
    Last edited by OmniStalgic; 11-17-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I' feel like...I just lost a brother ;-( He won't post in PS3 section anymore, and he'll start wearing green shirts! and...and..using Internet Explorer!!! OMG...the agony.
    i don't buy this bulshit about 3rd party games being so much better
    and the mighty xbox os

the true reason is far more creepy
    it is the kinect and possibility to talk with a console...

Post Thanks / Like
    You've got some imagination there KRA *rolls eyes*

now someone tell me how I hide my 1000 achievement points from kinectimals

Maybe I'll keep the beast, I dunno. I gotta play the accountant role and decide/calculate that when I'm less tired.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRA View Post
    i don't buy this bulshit about 3rd party games being so much better
    and the mighty xbox os

the true reason is far more creepy
    it is the kinect and possibility to talk with a console...
    The mighty xbox os? - ask yourself what does MS do for a living?

But anyway spend a few hours on each site going though the games - you'll see pretty quickly its not BS some of the differences are pretty minor some pretty big but the comparisons are defiantly out there if you want to find out for yourself.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/
    http://www.eurogamer.net/?topic=digital_foundry

I'm not trying to start a Vs things, but you asked - also the advantage is more if you go ahead and do an optinal install to the HDD which results in far quicker load times for the 360*

Best wait for Skyrim to be patched though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, I don't think the differences in any current game is worth buying another console for. The differences are negligible at best and won't harm you fun with any game. Even Bayonetta on PS3, which could win the "worst port ever" award is still very enjoyable on PS3.
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freeman2 View Post
    The mighty xbox os? - ask yourself what does MS do for a living?
    so if somebody do something for a living that automatically mean that his shit is better ?
    it does mean that ps3 is better console than x360 right ?

and anyway i think you didn't really get my creepy joke-post.

and to be clear i like ps os and even if xbox has a better one it wouldn't make me change the system
    and neither i care about masturbating to screen to screen comparsions

but just out of curiosity
    is it posibble that somebody is playing the superrior version of game
    and the other guy on the other system having better TV set is still getting better experience ?
    i mean it's kind of funny for me becasue many times
    i see this comparsions and people write alot of words
    and still all i see is different contrast or gamma setting...

and anyway i am just not compatible with xbox
    alone the idea of having one seems creepy to me.

Thread Information