Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sony TGS conference thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally hated FFVIII's story actually...more specifically I didn't like many of the characters. Also, the design decision around the game's battle system and leveling was awkward. The enemies and bosses leveled with you so the only thing leveling up did was make the game alot harder. What made it even more awkward was that you could max out your characters, stay at level 7 due to the structure of the game, and the game would be infinitely easy.

Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy IV are my top two final fantasies, though when it comes to story every RPG ever takes a back seat to Xenogears lol.

I think Xenogears is a game deserving of a remake as there's so much content that had to be left out of the title.

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only played Xenosaga for PS2, and man, did that hour intro level me! lol...

I'll have to pick up Xenosaga on PSN for my Vita, though, tks for the recommendation.
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniStalgic View Post
    I only played Xenosaga for PS2, and man, did that hour intro level me! lol...

I'll have to pick up Xenosaga on PSN for my Vita, though, tks for the recommendation.
    Xenosaga was actually supposed to be six games, but the budget got cut for that as well. Anyways, get "Xenogears" as well. It's a PSOne game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally forgot about TGS, was hoping for some announcement about GT5 updates/DLC, meh.
    http://e-mpire.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19726&dateline=129306  9612

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought there was a GT5 expansion leak with many new tracks and cars. I guess they won't announce it this year, they might want to make a re-release later in PS3's life.

I wonder whether they're busy with expanding GT5 and/or making a Vita title. However, they keep on releasing significant GT5 updates, the development must be ongoing.

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    XenoSaga is developed by MonolithSoft who are with Nintendo now. They were somewhat involved in the development of XenoGears as well but that's a SE property.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    I thought there was a GT5 expansion leak with many new tracks and cars. I guess they won't announce it this year, they might want to make a re-release later in PS3's life.

I wonder whether they're busy with expanding GT5 and/or making a Vita title. However, they keep on releasing significant GT5 updates, the development must be ongoing.
    Nah, there was no leak, just some track icons hidden on the official website. They move(d) the main part of the studio to Fukuoka, so they are kinda busy. Patches are nice, but they really have to put more Premium cars or tracks in the game soon, so the re-used PS2 assets won't be so obvious anymore.
    http://e-mpire.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19726&dateline=129306  9612

<-MAG Platinum Picture :) Bsack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I'm actually pleased to hear of a FFX remake I know I won't buy it, but I'll at least rent it. I had my hopes high that Square Enix would announce Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core HD reboot, but maybe that will happen down the road a bit. I know for a fact I'd buy that game over FFX to be quite honest.

To stay on topic of recent posts I've never played the Xeno games, but my favorite FF is FFIX because I thought Zidane was a badass. The way your team learned new abilities, summons, and magic was through the weapons equipped. It forced you to make you level grind to learn all the abilities to make your character stronger. That's just me though and I know it isn't as popular as FF7 or 8, but I may have some people that may have liked it as well.

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Just noticed the release date for FFX. Pretty sure that just means an HD port and not a full remake as that would take much longer to do than an HD port.

Nevermind. That's not the release date for FFX.
    This is how it will most likely end up. If a HD version had to be done, I'm glad they picked FFX and not from any made for psone... To be honest here I'm quite excited for this announcement as I like FFX the most and because I would guess it transforms into HD form the nicest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    Again good luck with a FF7 remake. They would have to start everything from scratch meaning it would suck all their human ressources to remake a 14y old game. They have VsXIII and potentially an FFXIII-3 (lulz) to get finished in the next two years. If you want an idea of what a potential FF7 would look, you just need to watch Advent Children. I personally would hate that. FF7 was designed around the limitations that PSOne had back then, the battle system, the 2d pre-rendered background... If they had PS3 power in that time, the game would have been probably quite a bit different from what we got then.
    It's going to end up like Star Wars, I bet if that remake is made, everyone will hate it, i'm sure of it. Don't touch FF7 S-E.
    Even though a great part of me after the FFVII tech demo for ps3 was shown would have killed for a true remake (not a HD version, like with FFX here) of the FFVII, which by now at least celebrates an epic cult classic status and represents so much in the RPG world, I will ultimately have to agree with you about this. It will come in the end though. Probably not this gen, but eventually they'll do it. There is too much demand around.

Quote Originally Posted by AC!D View Post
    FFX remake YAY!!! Screw the haters and screw an overrated FFVII remake
    hahaha! I couldn't agree more ! FFX HD... There's something that will give me the reason to play the game for like the 100th time...
    Last edited by Theo; 09-14-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^pre-tgs bra...

Show starts today, and likely tomorrow until we get everything on video and all the updates.
    Ahh cheers thought it was very VITA focused (appreciated pre-tgs conference of course, want one for Uni, though won't be able to afford PS4 will be announced when I finish). I know they'll be a lot of that in their main conference, but The huge list of games and PS3 stuff as well seemed to be missing hah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally pissed at the FFX HD remake (clearly chosen for the ease of updating it to HD) and all the other port announcements during this conference. That is not how you instill faith in people. They had a great deal of awesome titles to show off for the Vita but they couldn't be pained to run a video of them for more than 20 seconds. Welcome Park on the other hand, holy shit! Killer App!!!1 Total Halo killer there!
    There is nothing absolute in this world. You may sometimes be at a loss knowing that this world is unreasonable.
    To break the impasse, you must hold an unshakable belief and insight as well as a certain amount of vitality.

-Faith-

Post Thanks / Like
    Well hopefully the vita keynote with Yoshida brings some goodies, but it was a totally shit conference. Somebody needs to be hired to steer these damn conferences in the right direction as Sony's last 3 at the major gaming shows have been pretty abysmal. Video games are entertaining so make your fucking conferences entertaining as well. If there is any time to step up and get peoples attention these are the times.

Post Thanks / Like
    It like it's some major mystery on how to run one of these. SHOW. GAMES. That conference was absolutely excruciating and by the end of it I was just angry that I lost sleep over it.
    There is nothing absolute in this world. You may sometimes be at a loss knowing that this world is unreasonable.
    To break the impasse, you must hold an unshakable belief and insight as well as a certain amount of vitality.

-Faith-

Post Thanks / Like
    ^what they heck were they talking about? Where's all the games at? No new trailers for nothing, or am I just jumping the gun?

Hey @Danji ; you really had me scared man! I thought that was it for Sony at TGS. Today was there conference, there keynote hasn't even been done yet. That's likely why the focus was on Vita as this is the main money venue for Sony going forward and they want to put most of there effort behind it. The PS3 stuff hasn't been shown, and the president of WWS has yet to take stage. He will likely debut all the trailers and any new announced games, y'know, all the stuff the internet go crazy over...

Don't scare me like that I thought that conference was it!

oh, nice little tidbit on the Japanese Vita launch. Sony says it'll launch with 26 titles, and have over 100 titles by March 2012. If they can pull it off, impressive is hardly enough for description.
    Last edited by OmniStalgic; 09-14-2011 at 11:04 PM.
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”

Post Thanks / Like
    3 more hours.....

Dragon of Dojima is Back! Diresu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    FFX remake in HD i'll take it. Im desperate for JRPGs.
    Sapere Aude

<-MAG Platinum Picture :) Bsack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    FF7 Crisis Core somebody else rally with me on this one damn it!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    ^what they heck were they talking about? Where's all the games at? No new trailers for nothing, or am I just jumping the gun?

Hey @Danji ; you really had me scared man! I thought that was it for Sony at TGS. Today was there conference, there keynote hasn't even been done yet. That's likely why the focus was on Vita as this is the main money venue for Sony going forward and they want to put most of there effort behind it. The PS3 stuff hasn't been shown, and the president of WWS has yet to take stage. He will likely debut all the trailers and any new announced games, y'know, all the stuff the internet go crazy over...

Don't scare me like that I thought that conference was it!

oh, nice little tidbit on the Japanese Vita launch. Sony says it'll launch with 26 titles, and have over 100 titles by March 2012. If they can pull it off, impressive is hardly enough for description.
    i am confused. if the conference wasn't the IT.
    why nobody posted when and where i can watch this keynote with all the games...?
    Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger
    I'm so bored with the conversations on this forum. They're so shallow and unrewarding.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all over the web bro...just pick a site and type in TGS 2011 Sony or something along those lines...

Here's a site that seems to be updating on a very frequent bases.

http://www.vg247.com/category/sony/

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i just wasn't aware that there is anything else than that shitty conference.
    other way i would try to watch it live as this seems to be the real deal...
    Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger
    I'm so bored with the conversations on this forum. They're so shallow and unrewarding.

Thread Information