Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New PSP Pics Revealed

I need my rape whistle. Michael Bluth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    omg i r teh nintendoz fanboi and i h8 anyting dat isnt teh nintendoz bcuz i luv teh little asian mens.

Go away you little douche bag.

And yeah sw, I've got a 16, 256 and 512 mb CF card.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if Nintendo sticking with cartidges is very smart ... I mean - remember the whole N64 and Playstation thing? People are attracted to new techonoloy, I guess Nintendo still has the price advantage on their side.

But ... didn't they have it when N64 launched? Or am i mistaken?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlurpleMunky
    HEY! FUCK YOU!
    How are you not a COPPA user? If you're 13, that means you lied....

Veteran Citizen GleefulFarewell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    whats wrong with being a Nintendo fanboy...

The Power Of Dreams
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing is wrong with being a Nintendo fanboy... Just look at Viper.

It's just the way you expressed your fanboyism that is wrong.

I'm unbiased fan of them all... Though I am more interested on the PSP than the DS, I do enjoy my Gamecube.

E-mpired out - PEACE!

Post Thanks / Like
    that white GT4 psp looks pretty schweet

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish i had enough money for both DS and Psp. They both look great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teh Flock

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kliq
    I wonder if Nintendo sticking with cartidges is very smart ... I mean - remember the whole N64 and Playstation thing? People are attracted to new techonoloy, I guess Nintendo still has the price advantage on their side.

But ... didn't they have it when N64 launched? Or am i mistaken?
    I think they have always had an advantage in price (ie. SNES, n64, Gamecube...)

But people don't want cheap shit, they want the good stuff.

I don't think these 2 handhelds directly compare with each other - unless the same games are coming on each of them.

And like you said, people want new technology. DVD>VHS, CD>Cartridge

who knows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nintendo's systems have never been cheap...they can survive a nuclear winter..but really, did you see the video where they threw out the gamecube out of the car...they got it back and it was still working...they can provide the graphics and the quality, even special features, but you have to buy them for the system...a hassle yes, but in the end people will want to stop paying for the dvd...it was hot then, but there aren't many other things that are that popular anymore...tivo is slow to rise, but they never caught popularity like the dvd player did...but still the feartures are nice, but people never noticed that they pay
    ~ V.

The Power Of Dreams
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheap and durable aren't always the same thing...

Then again I don't play with plastic toys anymore.

Unless you count Laptop, PDA, MP3 players as toys... Then I do have a lot.

E-mpired out - PEACE!

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't mean like that, but people want to pay more for a system with pointless features, rather then pay less for a better system with features they'll never use...but hey, if they want to pay, then pay...cheap is not a the quality...people have to realize that, most of the "cheap" stuff are far better quality, and can work better...so saying you won't buy anything cheap is just like saying you want buy something bigger, better, and at a lower price, I know that's not always true, but it is now more then ever...
    ~ V.

The Power Of Dreams
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well look at it this way... I know a lot of my friends bought a PS2 for this reason... Dorms.

It's a videogame system and dvd player (that plays backup dvds and home movies). At the time alot of DVD players didn't play home DVD-R discs. It is more convenient to move arround one unit then multiple units. So they buy it for that reason.

Stupid by some maybe, but it was a deciding factor for a lot of my friends. Another reason they choose the PS2 over the Xbox is that you can play DVD's without the remote. Stupid..who knows... I have witness it happening frequently..

Not to mention the most games and 3rd party support arround.

E-mpired out - PEACE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a lot smaller that I thought it was (thats a good thing). I think the PSP is much sexier than the DS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks real nice. I reserve judgment until both systems come out though.

Post Thanks / Like
    But Nights, that was when dvd was big, there will never be a system like ps2 again, unless a new media takes over the all in one feature will not be as big as it was in the ps2 launch. The fact that 3rd parties actually lose money instead of make it make it makes sony's gameplay obsolete...I will be interested to know how the next generation will fair, it all depends on how loyal fans are, something nintendo knows, but they're gameplan was just one generation to late...
    ~ V.

The Power Of Dreams
    Post Thanks / Like
    It Depends

Well Blue Ray DVD's take off

or the other that Xbox is using. It might be the same thing all over again.

E-mpired out - PEACE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really, ps2 had the time edge...if you were a company could you stand to not make money for a year...xbox had the power and the casual gamer(or microsoft fan) going because it was microsoft...how can you beat that...Nintendo had the best start I've ever seen, over 500,000 units in the first week in the U.S. alone, but 3rd parties never picked up on it beginning popularity...but the next gen, they will all be on a more equal playing field...
    ~ V.

The Power Of Dreams
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uhm Dreamcast then should have succeeded...

oih the logic..

E-mpired out - PEACE!

Post Thanks / Like
    To much anticipation built up in the ps2, it was suppose to do all these new and great things, if a company sent out a plain system, but there was another that could do all of what that system could do all of that and so much more but you had to wait, but it was suppose to be like a godly system, what would you choose?
    ~ V.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, not really gonna get into argument here, but cheap doesn't mean strong or durable. It means it was put together quickly and lacked features - thus making the system less expensive (cheap) for not only the consumers, but also the company to make.

I thought I would never use the DVD player on my PS2 but now that I do have a DVD player in the basement I watch a ton of DVDs on it (burned ones too). GameCube also lacks computer abilities (online play, ability to add a harddrive). It's a great system for playing games, but that is all it does.

Since I am a consumer choosing which system to get, do I want a game system+DVD player or just a game system? It's like saying, "Do I want a 2 megapixel camera or a 2 megapixel camera with a bunch of different modes?" Both take good pictures but people will add a little extra money for more features than the next guy.

I'm not saying that GameCube is bad by any means - it has a slight graphical advantage over PS2, and it plays games the best so far. However, lack of 3rd party support isn't looking so good for the system's lifespan. And no DVD features and online features means even more downfall of the system.

Now, back to the DS and PSP debate. Again, Nintendo is lacking in features. No analog is devastating to most. I can't comment on third party support but Nintendo has always had it for GBA, so DS might get it too. PSP is always looking like it will have extra features (playing movies, wi-fi).

Thread Information