Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official "Middle Finger" From NOA to the RPG Crowd

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like

Official "Middle Finger" From NOA to the RPG Crowd

Several days after fans took to Twitter, Facebook, Amazon.com and YouTube to campaign for the release of Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, Nintendo has finally issued an official comment. Perhaps to no one's surprise, Nintendo of America still has no plans to bring any of the games to North America.
    Source: IGN

Wow, thanks a lot Nintendo, the only games other than Zelda I wanted for the remainder of the Wii's lifecycle. Awesome.

You're such "incredible" fans, have fun waiting suckers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if they won't maybe Atlus will.

PSN: CptnAmerica
    Twitch: CptnAmeric4

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Omni Saddened deeply
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vote with the wallet. Its unbelievable that NOA can be such a dick head..., I will not get Zelda:Skyward sword on day one. If enough fans do it then NOA will see the light..

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt that greatly.

Le Cabalry: Dwhittenempire, goku2057, Milly, Zac, Alias, Colin™, Spatula, mysterio, Nathan, C.J., Resident Darkness

Your Amicable Overlord D3adcell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is this surprising to anyone?

These games aren't casual enough for nintendos portfolio.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D3adcell View Post
    Is this surprising to anyone?

These games aren't casual enough for nintendos portfolio.
    No, it isn't surprising, but not because of the reason you say. Nintendo of America just doesn't like localizing Japanese games from second party developers. They never have, really. There's many games that are also "casual" that they never localized in North America. Captain Rainbow for example.

Neither enemy nor friend Otacon305's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, RPGs tend to have a lot of depth. Depth is like Nintendo's kryptonite. They don't like it in their games, and they don't like associating with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper
    I saw naked men
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    I was a (...) receiver. I saw men naked in the shower, tackled them to the ground, got tackled, huddled together (...), wore tight clothing that accentuated the buttocks (...) There was man meat everywhere. (...) I hung around with a bunch of guys. Took showers with a bunch of them 5 days a week. (...) I crave the cock (...)

"The spirit of the warrior... will always be with you."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Otacon305 View Post
    Also, RPGs tend to have a lot of depth. Depth is like Nintendo's kryptonite. They don't like it in their games, and they don't like associating with it.
    Then why are these games released at all?

It's only in North America where these game aren't released because the simple fact that JRPGs aren't too big in America and NoA doesn't want to take that risk of going through an entire localization process to have the game not even sell well. People have come under the impression that JRPGs are super popular in America, but they really aren't. The biggest RPG franchise (Final Fantasy) really isn't THAT big of a franchise here. The highest selling Final Fantasy game is FF7 (9.8M units) and that came out how many years ago? No Final Fantasy title has ever come close to that again. Nintendo of America also knows that the North American Wii market doesn't consist of RPG fans. I know the rage for these games appeared to be huge, but really they were just small dents in the market as a whole. Dents that Nintendo of America wouldn't take the risk to mend. Which is understandable if you ask me. So until North America starts buying JRPGs and supporting them, Nintendo of America isn't going to be sending these games here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Somewhere in Tokyo there's a bunch of guys putting together a petition "Damnit, bring Modern Warfare 3 to Japan".

Boycotts never work, but if people keep harassing Nintendo with Petitions they will probably give in eventually. They'll just go "Shurrrup! Here's your stupid RPG, leave is alone... We're busy making Wii U Party 9, we finally have a controller that's perfect for doing lines of coke off, time for a real party".

Actually they probably aren't saying that...

Your Amicable Overlord D3adcell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazybone126 View Post
    Then why are these games released at all?

It's only in North America where these game aren't released because the simple fact that JRPGs aren't too big in America and NoA doesn't want to take that risk of going through an entire localization process to have the game not even sell well. People have come under the impression that JRPGs are super popular in America, but they really aren't. The biggest RPG franchise (Final Fantasy) really isn't THAT big of a franchise here. The highest selling Final Fantasy game is FF7 (9.8M units) and that came out how many years ago? No Final Fantasy title has ever come close to that again. Nintendo of America also knows that the North American Wii market doesn't consist of RPG fans. I know the rage for these games appeared to be huge, but really they were just small dents in the market as a whole. Dents that Nintendo of America wouldn't take the risk to mend. Which is understandable if you ask me. So until North America starts buying JRPGs and supporting them, Nintendo of America isn't going to be sending these games here.

How are they ever going to get the gamers to buy their system though when they don't release any games that appeal to them? Sony and Microsoft make tons off of core games, yet they still try to release games to the casual users to get them to buy their system. RPG's may not be as big here as in japan but look at the amount we have on PS3/360 opposed to wii. If Nintendo doesn't even try to break into that market or help it out, they are really going to miss out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D3adcell View Post
    How are they ever going to get the gamers to buy their system though when they don't release any games that appeal to them? Sony and Microsoft make tons off of core games, yet they still try to release games to the casual users to get them to buy their system. RPG's may not be as big here as in japan but look at the amount we have on PS3/360 opposed to wii. If Nintendo doesn't even try to break into that market or help it out, they are really going to miss out.
    It was successful wasn't it? The systems have already been bought.

Nintendo knows this isn't going to fly again with the Wii U which is why they're going around with the "getting the hardcore back" speeches lately. Judging by what Microsoft has been doing lately, they're slowly starting to become Nintendo. They're milking the Halo series just as much as Mario this generation, are focusing far too much on casual shovelware with Kinect, and is slowly starting to forget who their market consists of (with Kinect). Sounds an awful lot like 2006-2009 Nintendo. If there's anyone I'm concerned about right now, it's Microsoft. They've proven at this year's E3 that there's truly nothing left in the tank but a bunch of third party titles everyone is getting tired of. Sony still has quite a few heavy hitters coming this year AND next year, as does Nintendo (a new console alone), while Microsoft is in their own little league drowning in their egotistical "don't worry, they'll buy it" strategy. With all the people on board praising the Wii U and putting their best franchises on the console, I'm sure all of those wrongs from the Wii have been resolved. With Nintendo saying all of the "hardcore" stuff lately, I think we might start seeing Nintendo take on a more darker tone with new IPs. A tone they once had back in the 90s but subsequently changed with the GC and forward. Nintendo DID have the tone with the Wii at first, then it faded away. Project HAMMER, anybody? Now, they should keep it. It's not like you didn't know the direction they were taking with the Wii. Way before the console was unveiled they were saying "We're gonna get the non-gamers into gaming." That goal has been achieved. Now Nintendo is saying the complete opposite and saying their going to turn everyone from the Wii into "hardcore gamers." Judging by their track record of staying true to what they say, I'll believe this.

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My understanding is the problem lies with licensing rights and trademarks. Nintendo Of America has registered several domain names and trademarks for those titles so it only makes sense they plan to publish them here but legal issues seem to be holding things up.

They certainly could have responded better though.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    My understanding is the problem lies with licensing rights and trademarks. Nintendo Of America has registered several domain names and trademarks for those titles so it only makes sense they plan to publish them here but legal issues seem to be holding things up.

They certainly could have responded better though.
    Yeah, I've been hearing it's legal issues lately now. The same legal issues as to why Ubisoft isn't publishing the No More Heroes games for PS3/360 in North America. Also why the names had to be changed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazybone126 View Post
    It was successful wasn't it? The systems have already been bought.

Nintendo knows this isn't going to fly again with the Wii U which is why they're going around with the "getting the hardcore back" speeches lately. Judging by what Microsoft has been doing lately, they're slowly starting to become Nintendo. They're milking the Halo series just as much as Mario this generation, are focusing far too much on casual shovelware with Kinect, and is slowly starting to forget who their market consists of (with Kinect). Sounds an awful lot like 2006-2009 Nintendo. If there's anyone I'm concerned about right now, it's Microsoft. They've proven at this year's E3 that there's truly nothing left in the tank but a bunch of third party titles everyone is getting tired of. Sony still has quite a few heavy hitters coming this year AND next year, as does Nintendo (a new console alone), while Microsoft is in their own little league drowning in their egotistical "don't worry, they'll buy it" strategy. With all the people on board praising the Wii U and putting their best franchises on the console, I'm sure all of those wrongs from the Wii have been resolved. With Nintendo saying all of the "hardcore" stuff lately, I think we might start seeing Nintendo take on a more darker tone with new IPs. A tone they once had back in the 90s but subsequently changed with the GC and forward. Nintendo DID have the tone with the Wii at first, then it faded away. Project HAMMER, anybody? Now, they should keep it. It's not like you didn't know the direction they were taking with the Wii. Way before the console was unveiled they saying "We're gonna get the non-gamers into gaming." That goal has been achieved. Now Nintendo is saying the complete opposite and saying their going to turn everyone from the Wii into "hardcore gamers." Judging by their track record of staying true to what they say, I'll believe this.
    egotistical it may be but they are right, people do buy it. just like nintendo 06-09 as you put it, fans didnt like it, but it sold so why the f should they care.
    halo, gears, forza, cod dlc timed-exclusivity, and bam, ms is set to keep the hardcore.

the onyl difference between ms and nintendo will be ms will become hated and lame, ala windows but wont care while nintendo did a 180 pretty quick.

Post Thanks / Like
    I seriously doubt we have no plans at this time means they arent coming to NA. I also seriously doubt they spent all that money to localize Xenoblade with english voice overs just to sell it in Britain. NZ, Aus and South Africa only. Im sure theres just some small delay like there was with the White Knight Chronicles 2 NA delay.

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^yeah, I'm hoping it's just some legal issue stuff and delays, these 3 games, Donkey Kong, Kirby, and Zelda are my last titles on Wii, so I'm not too worried about when they come out, as long as they come out, plenty of stuff to play in the meantime...
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    http://mynintendonews.com/2011/07/08...-story-coming/

Operation Rainfall are reporting that they have heard from an anonymous source within Nintendo America who has confirmed to them that Xenoblade Chronicles is coming to the United States. The source has also stated that The Last Story is currently being translated into English for an American release. Nintendo of America has yet to officially announce either titles for a North American release.

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good. Really looking forward to it getting official announcements.

Fall conference perhaps?
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Last Story trademarked in North America

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-i...-north-america

Thread Information