Thread: Nintendo Gets Hacked

Post Thanks / Like

Nintendo Gets Hacked

http://www.examiner.com/fps-in-natio...mers-continues

Proof that NO online network is safe. MS, Sony, and now even Nintendo have all been hacked.

The hacking community, including recent incidents by the movement Anonymous hacking Sony PlayStation Network and Sony Online Entertainment as well as freelance Xbox Live Account hackers on the YouTube domain, has been increasingly more focused on focusing their malicious attacks on the gaming community.

Nintendo has just announced that they have now been hacked. We are now to believe that even though the hackers behind Sony and Xbox Live's attacks have not been adequately "stopped" that there was no data compromised during the attack. I hate to say it but, When Xbox Live was suffering attacks recently I saw this coming. For once I wish I was wrong this time. But this is all part of the Hackers' All Out War on Gamers which is currently going on under the surface of the buzz and headlines surrounding these recent events.

Nintendo has not yet released extensive information about this hack other than their claim that nothing was compromised. Nintendo has been hacked and their new video game console (code-named Project Cafe) to be revealed at E3 hasn't even been released with its extensive upgrades expected to come along with it to Nintendo's current network structure. How will they be able to launch a new console with any advancement on the online front with hacking security issues?

Advertisement

As I have stated in the past, I do honestly believe these events to be not isolated incidents but an actual intelligently planned and directed attack on gamers. Information leading to financial theft in a target gauged by hackers as much easier than Visa, Google, Paypal, MasterCard, Amazon, and others has likely become the focus of the entire hacking scene.

During times like this when all members of the big 3 face security breaches left and right I firmly believe, as I said before this, that Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony need to work together to find a solution to this whether it involves a deal with high-level security firms or the governments of nations where they face attacks most. Something must be done, these hacks are not going away any time soon.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Nintendo Has Just Been Hacked, Hackers’ War On Gamers Continues - National FPS | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/fps-in-natio...#ixzz1OQPDrcXw

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    Proof that NO online network is safe. .
    If you needed this as proof your really behind. No online network has ever been safe, it's not a question of if something could be hacked it's when.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a nice guy

GJ on Nintendo for a quick fix.
    Last edited by JasonXe; 06-05-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never needed the proof, but there are some around here (XboxEvolved) who seem to need a reminder once in a while. "I'd like to see them hack XBL"... already happened as the article cites, and I'm sure it's not the last time it will either. These hackers seem to be on a crusade against gaming.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never needed the proof, but there are some around here (XboxEvolved) who seem to need a reminder once in a while. "I'd like to see them hack XBL"... already happened as the article cites, and I'm sure it's not the last time it will either. These hackers seem to be on a crusade against gaming.
    About three days ago Pachters XBL account got hacked and he tweeted about it. One hour later the tweets were removed and only one site reported on it. Sony gets a lot of shit about transparecy but look how nicely MS covered that one up. The Sony hate campaign will never stop so its just best to roll with the punches.

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    But it's not just gaming, PBS, FBI, Lockheed, etc have been hacked. There have been several attacks this year outside of gaming.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the feeling LulzSec will have some problems soon. No one likes poser.
    http://e-mpire.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19726&dateline=129306  9612

Post Thanks / Like
    What these fools don't realize is, the more they hack, the more ammunition they give the world governments to do away with our net neutrality. The more they will be able to infringe upon our freedom of information. "We need to protect you from cyber-al Qaeda, so we're putting in this internet kill switch. don't worry, it's for your own protection". If you need any more proof, they already got NATO's attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    In most of Europe, if they catch and convict one person and he can be traced to Anon or Lulsec, he's fucked for life, as they might charge him for ALL hacking attempts, because of his "membership".
    Kept you waiting

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um, the network didn't get hacked. In fact, it's not even technically one of Nintendo's servers. It's a 3rd party server that Nintendo of America uses.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it matter if it's third party or not? Nintendo still uses it. This forum is stored on a third party server, but our passwords and such are still on it.

According to LulzSec, the only data obtained in the breach of the US-based Nintendo server, which reportedly took place a few weeks ago, was a configuration file. Why the restraint, you ask? LulzSec says it simply likes Nintendo too much to cause any real damage.
    They could have done more if they wanted to, but they chose not to. In Nintendo's defense, they did say Nintendo fixed the exploit before they even notified them about it.

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, we don't even run ads on this site so of course we are not using our own server. We lease it but we don't house it.

What I'm talking about is the server is not administrated directly by Nintendo like their in house servers. It's very much like saying our own server was hacked. Sure we control some of the security but not all of it. The host handles the rest. This is not like the other major hacks where it was an in house server that was exploited.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted a pic telling you that >

Post Thanks / Like
    Just for "lulz", here's the personal information of the members of LulzSec.

####[CRIMINALS OF LULZSEC]####
    After being invited to the lulzsec private channel after social engineering parr0t
    I was able to learn a few interesting things about their group! Alot them have
    previous cyber crime and are involved in some heavy shit!

jux = me

I BELIEVE THEY ARE BEING ENCOURAGED OR HIRED BY CIA

Here are the members of lulzsec:

[MEMBERS]

Adrian Lamo [USA]

Adrian Lamo adrian@2600.com
    LulzSec LLC
    108 WEST 13TH STREET
    Wilmington, Delaware 19801-1145
    US
    +1.8889201981
    Owns the domain for lulzsec.com has previous cyber crime

parr0t [Pakistan]

Age 27
    HAS REAL LIFE SERVANTS IN HOUSE
    makes hints at having sold guns in local town
    is suspicious of me now

Whirlpool [NETHERLANDS]

Age ???
    5'9
    parr0t referred to him as "Dan"
    works in media on another name, possibly Guardian
    makes inside hints at Guardian knowledge
    paid Topiary from Anonymous $7500+ for ? reason

<parr0t> did he enjoy pay?
    <Whirlpool> definitely; it's a lot of money
    <jux> who? what?
    <Whirlpool> Topiary
    <parr0t> 5000 wow
    <Whirlpool> 7500, he wanted more
    <Whirlpool> couldn't exactly say no
    <parr0t> LOL
    <jux> USD?
    <Whirlpool> yep
    <jux> what for?
    <Whirlpool> private
    <jux> lol k

bottle_of_rum [???????]

Stephen
    Age 25
    possibly European, France

involved in Libya protester attacks
    POSSIBLY CIA

<Whirlpool> you tired?
    <bottle_of_rum> yeah
    <bottle_of_rum> it just turned wednesday
    <jux> get some sleep
    ^^^ posted at Midnight GMT +1

RELEASING FULL LOGS OF THEIR CHANNEL WHEN I FIND OUT ABOUT A FEW FACTS

[IRC SERVER]

SITE = lulzsec.com
    they fucked up with the whois so registered lulzsecurity.com instead
    IRC SERVER = irc.2600.net
    IRC CHANNEL = #lulzsec
    SECRET CHANNEL = #LIFG

[WHOIS INFORMATION]

Domain Name: lulzsec.com

Registrant Contact:
    LulzSec LLC
    108 WEST 13TH STREET
    US
    +1.8889201981

Administrative Contact:
    LulzSec LLC
    108 WEST 13TH STREET
    US
    +1.8889201981

Technical Contact:
    LulzSec LLC
    108 WEST 13TH STREET
    US
    +1.8889201981

Billing Contact:
    LulzSec LLC
    108 WEST 13TH STREET
    US
    +1.8889201981

Record created on 2011-05-30 01:14:44.
    Record expires on 2012-05-30 01:14:44.

Domain servers in listed order:

ns1.afraid.org
    ns2.afraid.org
    ns3.afraid.org
    ns4.afraid.org

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    What these fools don't realize is, the more they hack, the more ammunition they give the world governments to do away with our net neutrality. The more they will be able to infringe upon our freedom of information. "We need to protect you from cyber-al Qaeda, so we're putting in this internet kill switch. don't worry, it's for your own protection". If you need any more proof, they already got NATO's attention.
    Or is it the government doing these things to create mass hestaria so they can do what they want?

Post Thanks / Like
    would explain

I BELIEVE THEY ARE BEING ENCOURAGED OR HIRED BY CIA

Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information