Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (2, 3 & Peace Walker)

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Otacon305 View Post
    So now where we do we get these?
    That was the problem when they went with Uniqlo the last time. You have to go to one of their stores to get them as they don't don't do shipping. He says April in his tweet so I expect we'll hear more in April.

Post Thanks / Like
    What solidsnakejej means to say is that you'll never get one.

PSN: CptnAmerica
    Twitch: CptnAmeric4

Neither enemy nor friend Otacon305's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper
    I saw naked men
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    I was a (...) receiver. I saw men naked in the shower, tackled them to the ground, got tackled, huddled together (...), wore tight clothing that accentuated the buttocks (...) There was man meat everywhere. (...) I hung around with a bunch of guys. Took showers with a bunch of them 5 days a week. (...) I crave the cock (...)

"The spirit of the warrior... will always be with you."

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't say where in Chicago. Hell, it might not even be Chicago. Could be a suburb like Oakbrook (please, God) or Schaumburg, which has the gigantic Woodfield Mall.
    "A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have your attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action." (Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross)

My stories, available for the Kindle. The latest, Damnation, was released in September 2014.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't give a shit, any of those would be close enough for me to get to easily.
    I saw naked men
    I was a (...) receiver. I saw men naked in the shower, tackled them to the ground, got tackled, huddled together (...), wore tight clothing that accentuated the buttocks (...) There was man meat everywhere. (...) I hung around with a bunch of guys. Took showers with a bunch of them 5 days a week. (...) I crave the cock (...)

Post Thanks / Like
    True enough. I just hope I don't have to donate a kidney or some other organ to buy one.
    "A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have your attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action." (Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross)

My stories, available for the Kindle. The latest, Damnation, was released in September 2014.

Post Thanks / Like
    Metal Gear series has sold 31 million units

Also the Art of Video Games Exhibition is going on in Washington DC this weekend

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...1-million.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Any idea of the breakdown per title?

MGS2 is probably the best selling one.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is probably a good bet. MGS2, MGS1, and then MGS3 and MGS4 would be my guess, but that's just U.S. sales, though. Not sure how it breaks worldwide.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what I remember 2 is around 7+ million, 1 is around 6+ million, 3 is close to 4 million. 4 around 5+ million. Leaves around 10 million for the others.

I always found the breakdown weird because 3 was the best game out of the 4 yet sold the least. Not sure if this includes the extra versions of 2 and 3.

Post Thanks / Like
    MGS3 might have also gotten lost in the shuffle when it was originally released. Against games like San Andreas and Halo 2 and Half-Life 2 it might have suffered a bit. That, and you have people who still don't understand the final hour or so of MGS2 and that probably lost a few potential fans.

Post Thanks / Like
    It might have to do with the fact that 3 was a mid/late generation game which lacked the freshness that MGS2 and MGS4 had, and also PS2 piracy was at its peak by the time it released.

It really is a shame, because it is the best MGS game to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it definitely had the best story.
    I saw naked men

Post Thanks / Like
    MGS1 You have a hit, so word got out about that being awesome, so it sold great.
    MGS2 Only thing that sells better than a hit is its sequel because people want more of the original hit
    MGS3 People who felt burned or confused by MGS2 fell off the MGS wagon, so it was a hit but didn't do as well
    MGS4 Despite the dip in MGS3's sales, MGS is still a househould name, not to mention all the controversy and rumors surrounding its PS3 exclusivity in the volatile and sensationalist early years of this generation.

And yeah, MGS3 definitely had the best story. I got choked up; I get emotional whenever I listen to 'Debriefing' on the OST.

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LaLiLuLeLo View Post
    And yeah, MGS3 definitely had the best story. I got choked up; I get emotional whenever I listen to 'Debriefing' on the OST.
    It's the only game I can think of that has made me tear up, and still continues to, to this day. It's that debriefing, man.
    I saw naked men

Post Thanks / Like
    Uniqlo T-Shirts started today in Japan, Kojima has a bunch of tweets about it with a pretty good looking line for them.

Continuing the toy updates, Solidus

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess this isn't coming to PSN yet. PS3 versions, I mean.

Your Amicable Overlord D3adcell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No peacewalker on the vita version, wtf. I already bought the UMD on PSP and don't want to have to rebuy the digital version. I guess i'll be getting this on PS3 then.

Post Thanks / Like
    Their doing RAY now.

Thread Information