Thread: Konami Announces Doctor Lautrec And The Forgotten Knights For 3DS

Post Thanks / Like

Konami Announces Doctor Lautrec And The Forgotten Knights For 3DS

KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT, INC. ANNOUNCES DOCTOR LAUTREC AND THE FORGOTTEN KNIGHTS FOR NINTENDO 3DS™

All New Puzzle Adventure Game Ushers in a New Wave of Gameplay on the Revolutionary Nintendo 3DS

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. - Feb. 16, 2011 - Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights, a new puzzle-based adventure game set for the new Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system.

Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights takes place in 19th century Paris and revolves around a wily and aloof archaeologist named Jean-Pierre Lautrec. His love of history and unorthodox attitude keep him busy as a spelunker, searching for "living treasures" throughout Paris' underground. Upon stumbling on an old and mysterious map, Dr. Lautrec and his assistant, Sophie, traverse the peaks and valleys of old world Paris in search of hidden treasures and jewels that are believed to be those of Louis XIV, one of the most storied dynasties ever to rule.

Players steer Lautrec through the game using reasoning, logic and a keen eye to decipher riddles, solve object-related puzzles and work out the puzzle at the very heart of the map. Thanks to the power of the Nintendo 3DS, the game makes full use of the system's added dimension to add 3D solutions to key puzzles, including the ability to scrutinize located objects from all directions, or zoom in to highlight a piece of scenery that matches something on the map. Similarly, the linking scenes are also viewed in stunning 3D, with the cartoon links brought to vivid life.

Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights offers hours of puzzles and exploration with a rich cast of supporting characters on hand to both assist and hinder Lautrec's quest. As the Doctor and Sophie search for clues, rival Professors will attempt to sabotage his mission, while an elegant scholar is revealed to be a member of a notorious crime gang. And, even then, that's just the start of the many perils that Lautrec and Sophie find themselves facing...

Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights is scheduled to be released for Nintendo 3DS in Summer 2011. Look for more information soon at www.konami.com/doctorlautrec

Source: Press Release

Screenshots:

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Professor Layton rip off if I ever saw one.

I can't knock it's quality but the inspiration and imitation are incredibly blatant.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Post Thanks / Like
    I smell a lawsuit in the coming days or weeks.
    "A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have your attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action." (Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross)

My stories, available for the Kindle. The latest, Damnation, was released in September 2014.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn that's not even trying to spin it.

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Ol' Boy is back (maybe)! Unspoken's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "No, eet iz different! She has a mohawk und a vheelchair!"

1337GheyCowboys!
    Because without the "1337" and "Cowboys!", we'd be the Wyld Stallynz.

Dragon of Dojima is Back! Diresu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow this is almost as bad as SE's ripoff of Inazuma Eleven.
    Sapere Aude

Thread Information