Page 25 of 44 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception

On a Magic School Bus OG_Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Play It First in 3D Event

Footage I recorded from yesterday's event:

^ Probably will care about that video the most

I was placed Team Captain of Syria...and we won the entire tournament.

So got us early copies of Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition, photo with the devs - Was a fun event nonetheless.
    Last edited by OG_Monkey; 10-19-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Check out my YouTube Channel and Other Pages:

Post Thanks / Like
    Little pic of me and Sir Balestra from today's premiere event.

He confirmed that France will have the game in premiere on October 28 first before every other countries.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PLAYSTATION.4
    Playfrance.com PS4 News 24/24 the latest news.

"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.”Being true to yourself really means being true to all the complexities of the human spirit"

Post Thanks / Like
    he likes you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC!D View Post
    Normally i would be jealous and cursing the day you were born but the Bats is arriving friday morning Me thinks that will serve me well till my probable GOTY arrives.
    My brothers got my copy of Batman: AC already and I can't play it cause I'm at Uni!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did they change something in this game or was it lag? Why am I always getting meleed from 50 freakin' yards away. They warp to me, yet I can't warp to them, so freakin' annoying.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many things to fix/tweak/balance if this MP is going to be any fun in competitive (personally).
    I keep playing btw because you unlock stuff for co-op as well, and I wanna be well equipped for co-op when game launches, but really I can't take more than 1 or 2 matches of this in competitive.

Uzi bitches, warping melees, close qurater combat is a cluster fuck with people meleeing around, rolling around, warpnig etc, you literally get a headache, weapons firing like your guy's arms is made of paper UNLESS you blind fire of course...bah!
    Also maps are way too big, you spend way too much time aimlessly running around. Should be at least 8 vs 8 for these maps, 5 v 5 is way too boring with these map sizes. So annoying as well when you run for ages, then someone spawns behind you or flanks you or whatever or melees you from 50 yards, and bam, back to running around for ages because of a death that god himself couldn't avoid.

And I'm still not convinced 'power play' is a good idea. One team can dominate by playing good, then other team wins power play and they are right back in it, crossing out all good the other team did in a matter of seconds. On the other hand, it stops dominating wins, but if one team dominates, they should get dominating wins?...I dunno, I'm 50/50 on that.

I'm not trying to 'one up' one game over the other, but they really should copy Gears' MP mentality. They are closest to that in gameplay.
    What I mean by that is: make maps smaller like in gears. Make weapon loadouts less varied like in gears, patch OP CQ retarded weapons like Gears recently did, have a system when people melee at same time and winner of that gets the kill, like in gears. Inability to melee if you are getting shot, like in gears.
    These would improve it so much, especially the last 3 points, because CQ blind-fire and melee is down right retarded atm.

I'm gonna go to beta forums to paste those points I think (removing the Gears bits of course lol).

EDIT:
    Yay, most of the forum (<- seperate links) has the same tone, hope they tweak the hell out of comp MP.

Awesome vid review!!!

And apparently ND said more than 5v5 was technically not possible Naughty dog...guys who made simulated water...said...something...was..not.. technically possible!!!!! WHAT!!!!
    Last edited by masteratt; 10-20-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

PLAYSTATION.4
    Playfrance.com PS4 News 24/24 the latest news.

"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.”Being true to yourself really means being true to all the complexities of the human spirit"

On a Magic School Bus OG_Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Um...
    Check out my YouTube Channel and Other Pages:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Metal View Post
    My brothers got my copy of Batman: AC already and I can't play it cause I'm at Uni!
    YAY!!! my copy just shipped. Should be playing in a few hours. Ill take my sweet time with this puppy and enjoy every second right up until Uncharted 3 releases. Also sounds like you need a better set up at Uni. Organize with the roomies!!! The club i joined at Uni called Veritas had this awesome clubhouse with an awesome gaming set up and awesome bar area for times such as these. And also it was a sleep pad once in a while when the parents kicked them out of the house

Man i miss Uni. How i actually manged to pass with so much boozing, girls, sports and partying ill never know. Enjoy it will it lasts Chris!!!

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Review embargo seems to be up on Monday
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1210241p1.html

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Playing games is actually better at home for me and my parents are awesome lol. Unfortunately I'm only in a 2 bedroom flat with shared kitchen and a bathroom . No social room where I'm staying just a massive block of student flats. I'll have, Assassins Creed: Revelations, Bf3, Skyrim, Batman:AC and Uncharted 3 all to play at Xmas though :P

Post Thanks / Like

Merge post please...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Metal View Post
    Playing games is actually better at home for me and my parents are awesome lol. Unfortunately I'm only in a 2 bedroom flat with shared kitchen and a bathroom . No social room where I'm staying just a massive block of student flats. I'll have, Assassins Creed: Revelations, Bf3, Skyrim, Batman:AC and Uncharted 3 all to play at Xmas though :P
    Thats pretty much my lineup for X-mas also. The only exception is Battlefield 3. My final pre order decision was a choice between Ratchet, Battlefield and Skyward Sword. I decided on Skyward Sword and judging by its first two reviews 98% in ONM and 10/10 in Edge i made the right choice. Uncharted and Resistance should cover all my multiplayer needs and if not ill consider getting Battlefield 3 in January. I read lots and lots of complaints about the multiplayer beta for Battlefield 3 though so

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC!D View Post
    I read lots and lots of complaints about the multiplayer beta for Battlefield 3 though so
    Looks like you ignored the countless BETA IS NOTHING LIKE THE FINAL GAME!!!! reports.

I know @solidsnakejej hit the nail on the head, saying they failed to market this game with this BETA and he was right, but on a hardcore gamers forum, I wouldn't expect so many gamers to take BETA which was announced to be an ACTUAL BETA (not a MP Demo), to make up their mind about the game.

I'm not gonna bother RE- linking, google BF3 beta nothing like final game and you'll get videos, previews, reports etc.

Anyway you are not picking it up anyway which is fine, but I just wanted to once again clear that up about the misconception of the BETA.

On topic: Er, not much. Staying in the dark about SP and staying the heck away from the annoying comp MP and just waiting for 1/1/11.

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to add, It's DICE, they've made a few good shooters in their lifetime I think it'll be okay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by masteratt View Post
    Looks like you ignored the countless BETA IS NOTHING LIKE THE FINAL GAME!!!! reports.

I know @solidsnakejej hit the nail on the head, saying they failed to market this game with this BETA and he was right, but on a hardcore gamers forum, I wouldn't expect so many gamers to take BETA which was announced to be an ACTUAL BETA (not a MP Demo), to make up their mind about the game.

I'm not gonna bother RE- linking, google BF3 beta nothing like final game and you'll get videos, previews, reports etc.

Anyway you are not picking it up anyway which is fine, but I just wanted to once again clear that up about the misconception of the BETA.

On topic: Er, not much. Staying in the dark about SP and staying the heck away from the annoying comp MP and just waiting for 1/1/11.
    Relax man i said i was taking a wait and see approach and maybe picking it up in January if it proves to be really good. I just prefer Uncharted 3's multiplayer but to each their own and if Battlefield 3 ends up being good i will eventually pick it up. Id like to think you of all ppl know im not closed minded when it comes to any game. Right now i have too many games to play and im not quite convinced Battlefield 3 isnt getting overhyped just to spite COD. In a month or two i will be better informed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well in Manchester where I'm studying they have MW3 running on loop on PS3, helicopter skyscraper scene, and though looked quite good, gameplay and visually it was a carbon copy of MW2. You could make MW3 a massive SP DLC and you wouldn't be any wiser IMO (though I'm sure MP has been "tweaked" yet again). I've played them all COD4, COD5, MW2, BO's. I don't want to part £39.99 on essentially a DLC with custom MP.

Battlefield 3 is just more interesting to me and I like the core gameplay for multiplayer, there's so much more to do. Not as many modes as COD but it's certainly more objective team based which I prefer. although their SP campaigns haven't been great BF:BC2 wasn't toooo bad. But this looks to finally have something good going for the SP campaign too.

Anyway back on-topic, Uncharted 3 yah gonna be awesome... Hollywood style adventure game without being shit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw Uncharted 3 ad on German TV... which is really not the case, usually. I think it's good.
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    can't wait! play with the sound off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRGt...layer_embedded

Post Thanks / Like
    I turned off sound and saw glorious footage. Ok I'm on media blackout til December. Seen enough to know this game is going to be incredible, now the hard wait. I can't play any game til Xmas anyway lol

Thread Information