Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics HD & Legacy PS1/PS2 games on PSN

Post Thanks / Like
    Last Square game I 100% liked was FF12/DQ8, liked that a lot. So the last game they made I liked was 6 years ago. All Square can do for me is put HD graphics on the games they made from the time they didn't suck.

Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve, all that good stuff in HD please.

Or pull their head out their ass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll vote for the former ahead of the latter with Square.

And yay to Ratchet.
    "A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have your attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action." (Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross)

My stories, available for the Kindle. The latest, Abraxas, was released in June 2014.

Post Thanks / Like
    An HD port of Shenmue is indeed heading to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network
    http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox/news-...-finished.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally

I had an dreamcast emu running just for this game a couple of months ago, and yes, it is still awesome. Day 1 for me and I think it gives signs of hope for Shenmue III (it's coming guys, trust me). Well maye not Shenmue III perse, but a new Shenmue game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't crucify me... but tell me what Shen Mue is why I should care.
    Kept you waiting

Post Thanks / Like
    Shenmue is a story driven QTE fest that is awesome. It also has unscripted fights, which are also awesome. And you get to work as a forklift operator at some point, which is also awesome.
    There are also lots of little side activities, like playing games in the arcade, which is also awesome. And your mom puts money above the shoe cupboard every morning, which is also awesome.

So in short, it's just awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's "just" one of the cult classic SEGA games and yes, it IS fantastic. Unfortunately I could never really play the games myself, so that is indeed great to hear.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Shenmue has been included in several "greatest games of all time" lists. In 2006 and 2008 it was voted at numbers 81 and 63 respectively on IGN's "Readers' Choice Top 100 Games Ever" list.[41] In 2008, it was voted number 25 on GAME's "Greatest Games of All Time" list, based on a user poll with over 100,000 votes.[42] It was also ranked at number 42 on Empire's "100 Greatest Games of All Time" list.[43]

Shenmue is regarded as a major step forward for 3D open-world gameplay, and considered the originator of the "open city" subgenre later popularized by Grand Theft Auto III in 2001.[44] Shenmue was originally touted as a "FREE" ("Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment") game offering an unparalleled level of player freedom, giving them full reign to explore an expansive persistent sandbox city with its own day-night cycles, changing weather, and fully voiced non-player characters going about their daily routines. The game's large interactive environments, wealth of options, level of detail and the scope of its urban sandbox exploration has been compared to later sandbox games like Grand Theft Auto III and its sequels, Sega's own Yakuza series, Fallout 3, and Deadly Premonition.[45][46][47][48]

Shenmue also introduced the quick time event mechanic in its modern form and coined a name for it, "QTE". The mechanic has since appeared in many later titles, including popular action games such as Resident Evil 4, God of War, Tomb Raider: Legend, Heavenly Sword, and Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy.[49]

In 2010, 1UP.com ranked Shenmue at #2 in its list of "15 Games Ahead of Their Time," citing its "ambition and scope," various "forward-thinking" mechanics such as real-time weather effects, "day and night cycles, and massive playable environments," its quick-time event mechanic, and for giving players a "living" world to explore, concluding that it "was ahead of its time in nearly every aspect of its design."[50] In 2011, Kurt Kalata (of 1UP and Gamasutra) stated that it is "remarkable" that "years after Shenmue's release, the game's environments are still some of the best to come out of any video game ever."[51]
    From Wiki.
    http://e-mpire.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19726&dateline=129306  9612

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of good Square games, A Secret of Mana remake would be freaking awesome.

Le Cabalry: Dwhittenempire, goku2057, Milly, Zac, Alias, Colin™, Spatula, mysterio, Nathan, C.J., Resident Darkness

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, Legend of Dragoon comes to mind as well....

although, playing them over on Vita is good enough for now...
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Dragon of Dojima is Back! Diresu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do hope the Shenmue release is subbed and not dubbed. English VA in Shenmue 2 was incredibly bad.
    Sapere Aude

Post Thanks / Like
    Never much cared for Shenmue myself. Ambitious and different, yes, but not terribly involving. Definitely one of those love em or hate em games.
    "A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have your attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's fuck or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action." (Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross)

My stories, available for the Kindle. The latest, Abraxas, was released in June 2014.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro A. View Post
    Never much cared for Shenmue myself. Ambitious and different, yes, but not terribly involving. Definitely one of those love em or hate em games.
    I loved them but I think the Yakuza games expanded that idea and made it what it should be. So going back to it might be rough.
    Sapere Aude

Post Thanks / Like
    I hadn't thought about that with Yakuza, but now that I think about it you may be right. Pretty good analogy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro A. View Post
    I hadn't thought about that with Yakuza, but now that I think about it you may be right. Pretty good analogy.
    I think that's partially why I like that series so much. I loved Shenmue and Yakuza just took that concept and ran with it.
    Sapere Aude

Post Thanks / Like
    Rumour: Crystal Dynamics on “Soul Reaver” reboot
    perhaps a HD collection could be on the cards?

http://www.vg247.com/2012/03/20/rumo...reaver-reboot/

Post Thanks / Like
    There haven't been remakes of PS1 era games (although there have been PS2 titles), and they speak of a new game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kingdom Hearts HD Remix To Be Shown At E3 2012 For PS3, Wii U, and PS VITA
    http://www.dualpixels.com/profiles/b...ps3-wii-u-and-

Post Thanks / Like
    Report: Hitman HD Collection Listed by Retailer
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/0...ed-by-retailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news everyone, Insomniac have just taken to the EU blog to let everyone know that the long awaited Ratchet and Clank Trilogy has finally gone gold and will be with us before the end of the month! Launching in the UK on June 29th, the HD upgrade of the original Ratchet and Clank games has been a release fans have been calling for since HD upgrades started on the PS3.
    http://www.hit-reset.co.uk/video/rat...ate-confirmed/

Post Thanks / Like
    Was i imagining a new Ratchet game being announced? I swear ive seen more marketing for this HD collection. Why wasnt that game shown at E3?

Thread Information